Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hmmm... I've never heard of meditaton involving sufffering....

Anyway, I was fortunate enough to have a happy childhood. So I probably don't have a whole lot of "stuff" that needs to come out. As I mentioned, I'm already a pretty happy (and extremely optimistic) person so my intention with these CDs were not to make me happy, but to reach higher states of consciousness and experiment further with lucid dreams and OBEs. The endorphin rush feeling was an unexpected side effect of the Hemi-Sync. I can live without it, and usually do, but it's a nice extra benefit.

For example, a runner can get an extra endorphin boost when he runs which is a nice bonus, but he could be perfectly happy also when not running.

There are, however, some positive long term effects for me from Hemi-Sync and the exploration of different states of consciousness. I tend to look at thinks from a higher perspective in the sense that I really do believe we are more than our physical bodies, and that alone can make life seem kind of magical.

dreamlife,

In my opinion if something like h/s can make
your gains go away then these gains or happieness are not stable.
That does not mean that one has a traumatic
or generell unhappy childhood but nearly every lifing person has experienced some emotional up-sets at some times.

When these are cleared out with Hemi-sync or
h/s then one usually reaches a higher level.

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:
Justme I answered your question about L&S device on the other thread

I would like to add; I found Brians project interesting and personally got the same effect using a L&S device because in many ways it is similar to bwgen. (just the additional effect of a light show). Because I can use the tapes with the L&S device I found that I have addtional variety and never needed to bother figuring out software to combine them as well as enjoying the mobility.

Alex

This is the first time I am posting to a forum. Please respond if I am using this incorrectly.
Question: What is L&S?

Administrator
Administrator

L & S = light and sound device.

A gadget that flickers light onto your closed eyelid and plays entrainments sounds into your ears. Can be used for relaxation learning and meditation.

Alex

Dream:

Sorry to hear you are not pleased with Holosync.
A few thoughts if I may.
You said: "I've never heard of meditaton involving sufffering"

How odd!

In fact if your meditation includes ONLY good feelings then it seems to me that you are not growing. I'm not saying that meditation only involves suffering but considering that you seemed to feel only good things from your other brain entrainent devices it sounds more like you are merely being "entertained"

I don't mean to sound harsh.

Actually for myself the Holosync also started out as....well...unimpressive.
However Bill states over and over: "Let whatever happens be okay" Its quite possible that even though it seems like it's your conscious mind telling you that they "dont work" it may in fact be your ego urging you not to go any further. The ego, that part of yourself that wants to keep you safe and free of pain and does very little for you as far as personal growth. In fact often holds you back...in your safety zone...so to speak.

In fact for a long time I felt nothing, except a great impatience for each listening session to be over. Being a stubborn so-and-so I stuck with it. Even then, it took several months before I noticed a difference. NOW I can say: "What a difference!"

Sometimes when you are walking in the fog the only thing to do is to keep walking until it clears...and see where you are:-)

Hi, you mentioned that you "stopped Holosync because it was ruining all the positive effects of The Monroe Institute's Hemi-Sync.", I believe this is called "upheaval" and quite honestly it reinforces my personal belief that the Holosync technology works better than the Hemi-sync technology. The reason being is that if the Hemi-sync had truly worked there would be nothing left to "undo", I think it is the difference between eliminating the symptom versus experiencing a cure.

I have used both and found the Holosync to be much more effective. The reason why I am writing this is to humbly encourage you to try the Holosync tapes again.
I hope this comes across as I intended, a friendly observation. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by DreamLife:
I did try both programs together, but stopped Holosync because it was ruining all the positive effects of The Monroe Institute's Hemi-Sync. I have to admit that I'm a huge fan of the Monroe Institute products. I think they could possibly help release endorphins or other brain chemicals that just make you feel really content and happy and also help you open up to higher states of consciousness.

So far they have not been helpful though with productivity, especially tackling unpleasant or boring tasks that need to be done--so that is why I'm trying the paraliminals. I'm happy, sometimes even get moments of almost euphoria for no reason, and I'm having lots of lucid dreams, but not accomplishing as much as I could... So I'm hoping the paraliminals which don't have brainwave entrainment, but just NLP/hypnosis techniques will be good addition to the Hemi-Sync.

Has anyone read "Authentic Happiness" by Martin Seligman? The reviews have intrigued me because it seems that Seligman posits the exact opposite of Holosync. If I understand correctly, Holosync is based in part on the the premise bad conditioning, experiences, and memories from childhood, etc must be brought to the surface and resolved before one can achieve growth. Seligman appears to argue against this. Any thoughts?

I think you may have misunderstood the theory behind holosync. Here's an excerpt from the CRI newsletter archives where Bill Harris addresses this point. Hopefully CRI wont mind me pasting copywrighted material from their website, given that this basically amounts to advertising for them.

<Bill Harris quote>
My outlook on the healing of so-called dysfunctional feelings and
behaviors is different than the current pop psychology outlook, which could
be described as "you've got all this 'stuff' inside you and you've got to
get it out and heal it." This is, in fact, the model framed by your
question -- that there's this "stuff" (the garbage) that has to be "lost,"
and how does the brain choose which stuff to lose?

Here is the model under which I operate. It comes from watching
thousands of people use this program over many years and gradually refining
the model as more info comes in so that the model more and more accurately
reflects what is actually happening. Luckily, I have a laboratory made up
of thousands of people making dramatic and rapid positive changes, and from
that we have learned a great deal about how people actually change and
become healthier emotionally.

Everyone has a threshold of what they can handle coming at them from
the world. If that threshold is exceeded, people immediately attempt to
cope with being pushed beyond it. This generally takes the form of anger,
depression, anxiety, fear, substance abuse, and a number of other
responses. In extreme cases, a person can even become psychotic (create an
alternate reality in an attempt to cope).

When people grow up with abuse or trauma of some kind, this threshold
for what they can handle coming at them does not mature in the same way it
would have had they not been traumatized. These people, therefore, have a
lower threshold than other people. Many things that might not bother
someone else push them into the above coping mechanisms. They are
ultra-sensitive, and the world is an uncomfortable (and sometimes very
painful) place for these people.

When people use our program, one of the main things that happens is
that this threshold goes up. As it does, they gain the ability to handle an
increasing level of whatever the world throws at them. For those with
extrememly low thresholds, at a certain point they bring their personal
threshold up to a "normal" level. From that point, it continues to improve
as they use the program to what you might call a "super-normal" level.
</Bill Harris quote>

Publius,

I have not read Martin Seligman's Authentic Happiness, but Albert Seibert does make a reference to Seligman in the Resilience course, so I don't think they will have very differing ideas.

In the Resilience course, Paul Scheele and Albert Seibert refer to developing Resiliency as a process very similiar to what TC68 has described about Holosync - essentially that akin to physically working out and getting stronger, Resiliency is all about building the mental and physical strengths to handle the challenges, life throws at you.

My feeling is that Holosync provides a way of gradually challenging the mind (and body, in that you have to keep still for half hour to an hour), so that the threshold (ie "strength") for handling stress and challenge goes up. Along the way, mental "junk" is released, which in turn releases even more energy for the mind-body to get stronger and handle more challenges, and this in turn increases the options for the mind to become more creative and intelligent.

In summary, all roads seem to lead to the same goal - the question is, which way is the quickest, and which methods can be combined to provide the most synergy for the most effective and permanent change to take place.

Hello Everyone,

I learned about Natural Brilliance from Bill Harris at Centerpointe. It's funny that the topic of this discussion is "Natural Brilliance v CentrePointe Program".

Thank you Glenwood for an awsome post. I appreciate that. Others too. I learned more about Centerpointe and holosync from you guys. I started the program about 2 months ago after listening to the online free demo for 2 weeks. Always wanted to do meditation but lazy enough never to proceed, so Centerpointe took the laziness away with a CD as the technology takes you to alpha to theta to delta.

I'd have to say that when you look at your nails every morning & evening, you don't see them growing and one day you realize that it hurts you to type and WOW, your nails grew so much. Centerpointe is like that as Bill explained. It first creates neural pathways in your brain that currently does not exist. If there were no tunnels and bridges, I couldn't get out of New York city. So someone had to create them first so people can go in and out of the city. Centerpointe first creates the neural pathways in your brain so that you are prepared for higher versions or even other programs, for example, Bill says Natural Brilliance would work best if you are using Centerpointe already. And Light & Sound users - well, at some point your brain gets accustomed to that frequency and then you get nothing new.

Dreamlife- I feel for you. But see, if I have a virus in my body, I need to take antibiotics to get that virus out/destroyed so that I can get well. If I suppress that virus with a medicine, one day the virus will get used to the medicine and it will adapt and learn to bother me again. Like mutation. I don't use Monroe products but Bill mentions a difference in his site: http://www.centerpointe.com/discussion/faq.cfm#23. So I'd say that if you don't get the bad stuff out of your brain, you can only suppress them for so long and in the long run, it can hurt you. I pray to God you stay well and everyone else too. Holosync cleans up your database first, which is your brain, and then you can use anything you want. But since you already paid and have the CD, just listen to it and get your garbage out. I didn't notice anything the first 2 months but now day by day I'm learning something new by using holosync. A.P. costs about $150 or so but also has 1 year warranty. There is no commitment needed for anything.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved