Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Seems like a relic from the 80s... But then again.. That decade is coming into fashion.. Maybee we'll all go back to cassette-decks for a while. Let's hope not.

= )

Tore

who've actually had use of the tapes when on a trip... but mainly use the cds to make mp3.. I love my ultaportable mp3player. Personal Genius and Selfesteem Supercharger just an arms reach away.

Administrator
Administrator

The last place I would listen to Natural Brilliance to is in the car while driving or otherwise occupied. They really are much more effective if you sit down an work with them.

Alex

I asked the people in Awakening Minds if they had further levels and they say they don't have as such are not necessary. The say that as their cd is harmonically multilayered and therefor much deeper that it works progressively according to whether you keep playing it every day. They say studies decline the claims of companies who have different level programs and that such companies only have this system for profit reasons. Check out their website for comparisions of cost etc. www.awakenedminds.com

Am checing out the higher balance website suggested.

Well, while we're in "checking out mode", might as well take a peek at http://www.beyondmeditation.com/ while we're looking.

Nothing like developing more overwhelm, no?

"Scam, scam, scam, scam, scam, scam, scam, scam. SCAM, SCAMITY SCAM!"

"I don't like scam!"

Eh, I really do feel that meditation gave me pretty much the same results as holosync or hemisync.

Dreamlife, which hemisync products did you find worked best for you. I'm curious. I played around with them for a while. Like you, I didn't find they helped productivity one jot. They were, however, very entertaining.

Re: centerpointe ... because binaural beat frequencies are at a lower pitch, this makes an amazing transformative experience? Or maybe the PLACEBO EFFECT (belief) along with plain old meditation makes a transformative experience?

You get a lot of the same purgative experiences and depth through using a mantra a la TM or the relaxation respose or doing za-zen (pretzeling your legs, sitting up straight, and counting breaths) as with the tapes. Frankly, I think with meditation you're more involved in the process. Some guy making lots of money on hellishly overpriced tapes is not "doing it" for you.

Frankly, making an investment in a lot of ways (time, money, belief, a little bit of self-image [this has to work, or I am a fool for investing so much of myself into it ... so I'll make it work]) in following a program is much of what makes it work. You make a product that makes people feel, in some way, extraordinary, put a bunch of interesting philosophical/spiritual/psychological rhetoric on top of it, get people believing and investing in it ... and you got something that will make itself work in whatever ways people expect it or want it to. And even if it doesn't, people will make themselves believe it does. It's better than seeing a dupe whenever you cross a mirror.

Listening to binaural beat frequencies every day will most certainly have *some* sort of effect upon you. How much different is it from meditating or just being quiet if you *believe* in that activity the same way? And anyway, how does a person know that the "effects" of holosync are actually the effects of holosync and wouldn't happen anyway? Maybe they are products of belief and expectation?

Perhaps it's just plain old totemism and fetishism. It's been known to work. Repeat after me, three times: the tape is the talisman.

IMO, Centerpointe's intense effort at marketing (read: lying) speaks volumes about their ethics.

But, to quote Guns 'n Roses: use your illusion. Whatever floats your boat.

Centerpoint a scam? If it depends a lot on your belief I guess that you've got one which will not lead to your goal. Well, that is, if you wanted to benefit from the tapes, but perhaps you wanted to find a scam?

Is this about right and wrong or about beliefs that are effective? Believing Centerpointe to be a scam can't be one.

I always say to myself that I will enjoy movies no matter what when I see them. I will remember to use the technique when I get around to trying Holosync. Thanks in advance!

Cya!

Tore

Saying to yourself that you will enjoy a movie can assist in making the movie a better experience. This is reasonable considering movies cost only about 10 dollars a pop. You know what you're doing. You're kinda fooling yourself for your own enjoyment.

When continuing investments of approximately $300 a pop are concerned, I would suggest skepticism rather than unreasoned belief and self-conditioning.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited July 03, 2003).]

I wouldn't say that the movies transform my life as much as Centerpoint perhaps would do. Self-deluding or not.

So what's it worth? What's the price for happiness or a little peace of mind?

If I could depend only on my consciously directed thoughts instead of precious talismans, I would. I'm just not there yet (at least I tell myself).

Although you seem to have a point about their advertising. I read about a lot of people who say that you shouldn't believe Centerpoint's hype. But they do seem to give transformative effects to people using them. If I've got the money and don't feel like meditating I won't hold myself back.

What is the greatest personal transformation or such that you've experienced? What did you use or happend to you?

Have a nice day!

Tore

Tore,

The truth is, there doesn't need to be a price on personal development. You assume the products deliver on the promise, which is what I strongly question in the first place.

I have had tons of experience with products using binaural beat frequencies. I have had tons of experience with different kinds of meditation. I have used light and sound machines.

I don't know exactly who it is here you think you're fooling with the hackneyed marketing rhetoric that has been rehashed and reused by just about everyone selling some self-improvement product. Maybe yourself?

If you want to buy the tapes or CDs, then buy them. It's money out of your pocket, not mine. I've tried them. As far as I can tell, you can do much better for yourself by simply learning a mantra and putting as much belief in yourself and that process as people do in Centerpointe's product.

My greatest personal transformations have come about through natural life processes and not anything from a tape or directed therapy. Basically, in caring for my nephew for a good amount of time I was able to experience things as a child vicariously through him and be an adult as well. The fact that he was vulnerable and beautiful and going to experience pain, perhaps, like I experienced when I was young was something I learned to deal with all over again. As an adult being with this lovely little tot, I knew I was pretty helpless. I started contemplating things from a parental point of view for the first time, and this lead to many changes in my thinking and experience.

No tapes. No CDs. Just life.

Life is always the best teacher. When it comes to real learning, I think its the golden path.

Not to say tapes and talking and what not have no value, they do. But I think people rely on them too much.

If have to agree with babayada.
I used the Awakening prologue tapes for 3 months and I have been meditating for years.I tried using both together and then I used Holosync only and I did my meditation practice only.I have also used many of the Monroe Institute tapes,The Discovery series,Human plus,meta-music etc.I had some interesting experiences with the Discovery tapes,some mild psychic experiences,intense colors in my minds eye,floods of forgoten memories.I did not have an OBE but I was not really looking for that anyway.They were interesting.With Holosync I can feel the relaxation from the different levels but nothing really intense.
When I practice "traditional" meditation,sometimes I feel nothing and sometimes it is very deep and the effects of a single session lasts for days.In my experience
traditional techniques seem to have a deeper impact.In the Centerpointe literature/ads it states that Holosync gets you to a state that
takes years to achieve with traditional methods.The Whole Centerpointe program takes
years and costs lots of bucks.The teachers I learned meditation give there knowledge away to anyone interested.I think if you could live in a monastic setting away from society and life pressures you could progress quickly,whatever method you used.One of my teachers was sealed in a cave for 3 years.He said he became "very spacious".If you are living as a layman with all the pressure and distractions we have,its going to take longer,no matter what.I have decided not use Holosync any further and concentrate on my "traditional" meditation techniques.Now as for LSC tapes,they have been very helpful,They actually deliver on there claims,I am very happy with there products.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved