Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Learning Strategies Admin

Ever have a teacher tell you you didn't deserve something because you cheated? Or because you pulled the cat's fur when you were three you didn't get any dessert?

You may not consciously remember the incident. Not that it matters ... all you need to know is you are dealing with a personal belief "I do not deserve."

Like all things there are two sides to the coin... you may not deserve the good... but you don't deserve the bad either.

Alex

Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

I can remember my mother saying to me "try to behave!". The English translation does not carry all side meanings, a more proper translation would be "be now a human being!", because that's how it's said in Finnish.

You see the presupposition in my mother's words? yeah, the presupposition was "I am not a human being". At least that's the meaning I understood from her words, my OTC mind tells me. Pretty tough for a 3-year old to find out! Of course I believed her. Who wouldn't?

Oh well, however nice it would be to dog up these old things, I wouldn't like to go further.

Instead I would like to concentrate on my new findings, I finally found out there is one thing I sincerely and truly want in my future. It's a big thing, even huge, it's difficult to imagine a larger thing for a person to want. But it seems to be something that I want deep inside my heart and soul.

I've been using this thing I want as a leverage in negotiating wiht my OTC mind: When I notice a behaviour I consider not pleasant or not useful I ask my OTC mind "Is this thing really something you would like to do to reach your big goal? Will this thing help in making the goal come true?". To put is shortly, this kind of reasoning seems to be effective. My mind immediately starts to find new ways.

I'm just wondering why I did not use this earlier. Maybe it wouldn't have been effective. Now it is.

[He].2s2.2p4

Kids of all ages get similar mixed messages. Parents will say you're a bad boy when they mean the behaviour is bad.

No one is perfect an no one had a perfect up bringing. The past is good to know but of no use to dwell on if it doesn't advance our interest in the now or future. It wasn't true in the past... it's not true now and it's not true for the future that you are not a human being. It's just the way things are expressed. We take the language literally and yet our communication via words in chats and forums we can see it's easy to be misunderstood.

Alex

Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah, tehy sure do. But this kind of things are no longer a problem for me. I dwelled on such problems for a long time until i realized tehy are only side issues. They mean nothing. Nothing can be gained by trying to solve them. Abso-lutely noth-ing. Nothing.

Much more important is what is happening in my internal world. The processes I'm runnung 24/7 inside my head without knowing it. Beliefs are welded in my system with these processes. Unlearning these things is important for my self-development. That's what I'm doing now.

Tiger, just wait!

[He].2s2.2p4

Quote:

Tiger, just wait!

Why? Why wait? Why not now? You realise much of what you are saying is going to keep you there?

Quote:

Beliefs are welded in my system

That's an affirmation.

Quote:

Unlearning these things is important for my self-development.

if you say so ... and what if having choices is more powerful. choice between old beliefs and new ones. Doesn't that statement become a limiting belief?

Alex

Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

I have not answered to you because I felt I had nothing to say.

Instead, this came out:

How to change somethign very general in the unconscious processing of information?

There is something strange (out-of-place) happening in my system when I process information with internal images and sounds. I can't be very specific, because I don't know exactly what happens. What I know is the following:

When I start to process information from an image into internal dialogue, thigs become difficult. The image becomes very hazy and words stop flowing. <Yikes!> I have lately made this observation in several occasions, so I dare to say it in the open. There is probably something happening in between starting to form internal dialogue and the image becoming hazy. What?

The thing is, this phenomenon is not tangible and it's very widely applied in my unconscious processing.

I know something like it might exists, because I have seen, heard and felt it's consequences. Only just lately I have noticed enough to be able to think it consciously and understand it is something separate that can be changed.

Pardon me if this whole thing sounds like it's something I have invented just to amuse my conscious mind. Coming out of the blue it mihgt look like that. But it is not.

Now that I think about it, the important question is not how to change it. The question is more like "How can I gather enought information to change this thing? What are the specific circumstances when this all happens? How can I bypass the protective barriers in my OTC mind without being harmed by the things the OTC mind is protecting me from? What will be the result after the change?" Something like that. I'll find answers to those questions sooner or later.

[He].2s2.2p4

P.s. I'm asking the questions in this post mainly from myself ;-)

Genius Code... Have you played with Image Streaming?

Alex

Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

Yes Image streaming would seem the logical solution if I would want to explore what happens in between seeing internal images and forming internal dialogue.

But the human mind does not always follow logic. I feel image streaming would be too strong for me. I couldn't handle it. I mean if I saw this specific internal image, it would free so much energy that it would overwhelm me. I don't know what kind of energy.

Right now I feel I better not use any methods that would speed up what's happening to me. I'm just sitting back and taking it easy. Though, if anyone comes up with good questions, I welcome them!

[He].2s2.2p4

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved