Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
tr38back #56926 11/22/06 03:15 AM

Hi Tony,

US Marine, eh? Well, that explains why you don't get enough sleep

Yes, that is another way to induce lucidity ... just "notice" yourself drifting off and try to keep awareness when you enter the dream-state. It might be more pleasant when you have some R&R time, perhaps over the holiday break. Keep trying, though, with a relaxed intention.

Keep us informed of your progress, and happy Arabic studies!

HF

Thanks. You've been very helpful - with all the other posts I've read as well.
Combine that with your progress... looks like you could get a job at LSC!!
I think there is enough work for Alex to spread out over another person. Look! Partners

tr38back #56928 11/22/06 03:55 AM

Sure thing, Tony ... best to ya!

Pablomx Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

Good news, i think i finally achived it, but i'm not quite sure, yesterday i was having a nice dream, but before it ended i knew i was dreaming so i was able change some things in my dream at will.

But in somes parts i could see myself but i knew it was a dream, can this be considered a lucid dream?

Pablomx #56930 11/23/06 08:25 PM

Hey Pablomx!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yes, if you knew it was a dream and can control it, then you have just experienced
a lucid dream! If the awareness was not as strong as you had expected, don't worry ...
from now on, it should get easier, more frequent, and your lucidity will deepen.
(There are many "levels" of lucidity, from barely conscious to fully conscious.)
Keep with it, and you will get better and better at lucidity.

Again, congrats!!! (Wow ... you achieved it so quickly! I'm impressed!

HF

Pablomx Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi HF,

I guess it was a barely consious lucidity, but it was cool : ). Like with evrything practice makes the master, and i'm not in a hurry, time will pass if i pratice or not, so i rader try and let time make me good at it. Patience : ).

I just wanted to thank you because you helped me a lot with your advice and if i achieved it quickly must be because you give good advice : ).

Pablo.

P:S Hope know I can share cool adventures.

Pablomx #56932 11/24/06 05:03 PM

Hi Pablomx,

Thanks for your kind words

Also - regarding your earlier question about activation during lucid dreaming, I remembered
an even more interesting story to share ....

Many times during my dreams, I will dream I am reading a book. I can clearly see
the words and I read the sentences like in waking life. But here is another good way
I discovered to become lucid. I will re-read the last sentence I read (in my dream),
and if it is a dream, the words will always change! And that is a very obvious "dream-sign",
which alerts me that I am in a dream ... and this realization makes me lucid.
(This also works with banners and other written signs in dreams, too ... if I read them again,
the words change .... and I know I am in a dream!)

Yes, keep at it, and many lucid adventures await you

HF

DNA Offline

Hello,

I was about 20 when I had my first lucid dream- it was a mindblowing experience.

I found that if I meditated early morning and then fell asleep again the likelihood ws that I would have a lucid dream.

Now I have got into a rut and don't meditate with as much frequency and find that it has been so long since I have had one. I will use that technique that is mentioned above- about constantly questioning one's environment to see if there are any telltale signs that I am dreaming.

Also I found that I typically dreamt lucidly for short periods or bursts of time- and would often get involved in the dream and lose lucidity. One technique that I did when in the lucid state was to look in a mirror at yourself or of course flying is the best most exhilirating experience a human can have.

Best regards,
DNA

DNA #56934 11/27/06 05:25 PM
DNA Offline

Hello,

Just to add on to what I wrote yesterday, last night as I was going to sleep I got several "flashes"- or images one was of a picture that I had seen in an e mail of the "carribean"- I think that it just shows how simply talking about lucid dreaming with others even on this limited mode, on the forum- is an excellent means of making it more conscious and therefore making it more probable that you will have a lucid dream.

Best regards
Dean

Until now I had never really thought much of it, but I suppose I have been a lucid dreamer my entire life. Growing up, I always new I could control my dreams and had assumed it was standard practice amongst the majority. The dreams I controlled were typically the flying dreams or the bounding down the road in giant leaps type dreams. Although I recall there being several instances where I had attempted to control a dream's outcome only to find the "dream" to be more powerful and I, in which case I had to submit and follow as it may. Has anyone experienced the uncontrollable lucid dream?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved