Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex for taking the time. I'll try your suggestions and get back the results.

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

well, today is my 3rd day of the 5 day test, very unfortunately, up to now, i have no feeling of the book at all except for what I read consciously(preview & postview)....

any further suggestions?

Learning Strategies Admin

What was your experience with the PhotoReading book, Natural Brilliance book and the Star of Wonder exercise?

Make sure you are asking mind probing questions and have a purpose. If you don't have a purpose you're not going to get much.

Alex

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, my star of wonder exercise is quite normal. I can't draw well if I look at the mirror, but can draw better if don't focus too much on the mirror.
I am not sure what do you refer to concerning the natural brilliance & photoreading book. if you are asking about th photoreadng result, then they are just the same as all other book I read: no feeling at all, except for concious preview & postview.

BTW. I read from back to front cover, and up side down, to minimize concious distorts.

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

One more thing, I DO have very clear purpose each time I photoread and preview.

Why must it be a feeling? What should the feeling be? how will you recognise it and how do you know you haven't blocked it because you're expecting it to be something other than what it is?

I thought you wanted answers to your questions? Answers don't always come with feelings. For most people they just know that's the answer.

A clear purpose and a working purpose are two different things. The example you gave doesn't work for me. My purpose would have been to find out what "skills and lessons" Steve developed and learned in early childhood so that I can find if any of them would work for me in my business.

How about posting some of your mind probing questions for the book you're working on?

Alex

Hi TomTOM,

If I can pitch in with a helpful suggestion, I can relate to some of the frustrations you are feeling with learning PR. It literally took me 4 years (and attending 3 live PR'ing classes) before I finally "got" it. So, don't be frustrated after only a week or so of trying. Just go through the motions, even if you don't think you're getting it, but always telling yourself, I'm getting it, I'm getting it. For some of us, it takes awhile before things really sink in. I always admired those in the classes who seemed to get it immediately, while I was struggling and struggling. And then I realized I should stop struggling and just let go, don't expect anything, just do what seemed most natural, keeping in mind all the things I had learned from the classes and courses. And gradually over time, my reading speed really picked up, such that I'm absorbing much, much more information than I had ever thought possible. Part of it is to let go of your expectations - "release" them, if you will. And then things naturally start to work. I guess there's a bigger lesson in that for the rest of life, too.

Anyway, best to you, and happy reading,

HF

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, alex, to tell you the truth, i found you are sometimes a little bit too "arguing", every problem i proposed you will then try to question it. I don't know why, this maybe your style, but i hope you are not trying to disguise something.
If anytime you think my point is incorrect, please just point out the one you consider correct, not just questioning please.

Quote:

I thought you wanted answers to your questions? Answers don't always come with feelings. For most people they just know that's the answer.

The truth is just I don't know the answer, nor do I have any feeling of familarity.

some of my mind probing questions for the steve jobs book:
1) What are the similarities between steve jobs and other succesful people in their character?
2) how does steve jobs grow to be a better leader?
3) what are the major problems during his early childhood?
4) how's his family environment?
5) what are the strength and weakness of steve jobs, and how does them affected his leadership style?
6) what are the things that I can learn from steve job's success & failure in apple?

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you very much for your sharing hartreefoch, very helpful to me. I guess i am just expecting too much. but I wonder what have you done during the such long 4 years of time of studying PR? and is there anything that might really move you forward to the success? the last question is, what's ur current way of PR? how effect it is? any quantative data?

THANKS!

Hi

Quote:

Well, alex, to tell you the truth, i found you are sometimes a little bit too "arguing", every problem i proposed you will then try to question it. I don't know why, this maybe your style, but i hope you are not trying to disguise something.
If anytime you think my point is incorrect, please just point out the one you consider correct, not just questioning please.

You miss the point. There is a point to everything Alex does. Getting you to describe what you have done is the fastest way to figure out what's wrong. I used to think the approach was a little harsh myself, but having seen a good number of PhotoReaders become successful with Alex's help (my self included), I assure you the approach is sound. It really helps too if you answer Alex's questions in detail. You may not agree with her try it her way anyway.

Kaye Lee

Last edited by KWLee; 11/17/06 05:18 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved