Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I Just tried "The Breathing of the Universe" from the demo CD for the first time and after 1-2 minutes, started to experience involuntary body movements
(leg tremblings, hands flailing, body shaking, all spontaneous and intense etc.) -

Should I be concerned ?
Should I stop ?
Is this a side effect ?
Or is this the effect (e.g. of healing) itself ?

Concerned

dear friend,

i just sent you a rather lengthy response, but was lost in cyberspace, somehow, somewhere. i do not wish to write this again, so...

Answering your questions top to bottom...

1. NO
2. NO
3. YES, definitely a spiritual one, but nothing to be afraid of physically. However, when in doubt, ask you body.
4. YES, when your intention is pure, healing will always occur.

sorry for the shortness of the response. i'll see if i can fish my other answer.

sincerely,

flipstick

First flipstick I've been there too. There is a timer on the webpages or something like that so you can't go back. So with a long post it a good idea to at least do a ctrl-a and ctrl-c (select all and copy) before hitting the continue button.

If you figure out how to get your post back, let me know.

AllThisIsThat I agree with flipstick's response. Generally you do have some new experiences when you do qigong. They can be a little frightening. When you develop more trust in qigong you can even start looking forward to, or even looking for these experiences. The former is fine, the latter may be a distraction from you meditation. Since you should be focussed on SFQ practice. Which directs you at times to visualize things as you believe they should be, but in meditations you mostly are in the present.

Sorry, back to you question. Many people experience involuntary movement. For me it is usually a little but surprising rapid shift in the hip area. I always take this as a correction of my posture to improve the flow of qi. As for knees shaking, just this summer I had a few days of serious knee shaking. It turned out that I had gone into a much deeper knee bend and my muscles took a couple of days to adjust.

For me only a little upper back soreness has ever persisted beyond the practice itself. This turned out to be another muscle growing issue, and eventually receeded. Good posture uses some muscles more that they were used to. It was never a more that I would have experienced from a little physical exercise, which would worry me.

The new experiences are can be worrysome, but trust in the universal energy and your master's energy to be creating positive changes in you. I haven't had some of your more vigorous movements, but I still council to develop trust in there goodness and gratitude for the healing.

You are perfection.
Iam2

AllThisIsThat

It's all good - I've experienced radical involuntary movement experiences many times since I started practicing SFQ and while I was a bit frightened to start with, I trusted the Master and the universal energy - the energy is breaking up or travelling through blockages, realigning the skeletal structure and organs and much, much, more.

As IAM2 says - trust the energy, stay with the flow, observe, enjoy but don't get attached to the experiences. As your body continues to heal, the quality and the feel of the energy and experiences will change again - you have much to look forward to.

It's a magical thing SFQ, alchemy is happening inside your body, mind and spirit and it's beyond anything anyone else can do for you.

OP Offline

Thank you so much for all your responses. I appreciate it.
I will stay open and give SFQ practice more than a fair chance
as I undoubtedly need and want to be healed (and heal others if I can)

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved