Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

I agree with everything you said Faune

Take care,

Rick

In my experience, most people simply need Messiahs outside of themselves, no matter what. They seem incapable of becoming fully self-aware and enlightened. Indeed, the vast majority flock to congregations, synagogues, temples, pastors, preachers, teachers, and gurus, seeking the enlightenment of others. Humans have a herd mentality, and we are programmed to follow the alphas. Those who become self-aware are in the vast minority, and indeed, they usually become the Messiahs to the rest. History is filled with examples of false-messiahs, and many have shamelessly led their herds off cliffs. One way to guard against such mis-devotion, in my opinion, is a commitment to being rational and objective. Doing so may get one branded as a closed-minded, arrogant skeptic. But it can also save one from needlessly falling off cliffs.

Quote:

In my experience, most people simply need Messiahs outside of themselves, no matter what. They seem incapable of becoming fully self-aware and enlightened. Indeed, the vast majority flock to congregations, synagogues, temples, pastors, preachers, teachers, and gurus, seeking the enlightenment of others. Humans have a herd mentality, and we are programmed to follow the alphas. Those who become self-aware are in the vast minority, and indeed, they usually become the Messiahs to the rest. History is filled with examples of false-messiahs, and many have shamelessly led their herds off cliffs. One way to guard against such mis-devotion, in my opinion, is a commitment to being rational and objective. Doing so may get one branded as a closed-minded, arrogant skeptic. But it can also save one from needlessly falling off cliffs.

My sentiments exactly. If we don't take responsibility for our lives, empowerment and enlightenment and instead we hand this responsibility and power over to self styled messiahs then we really are creating our own demise. Learning skills is one thing - attributing all our success to living "Bodhisattvas" is another.

Faune,

I, too, am an older female (over 50) and I have been doing HB meditation for the past year with amazing results. I had not meditated in the past and my life was a mess. The HB meditation technique and HB staff support has totally turned my life around so that other people now respond to me in a positive way, and I am no longer the angry hurtful person I used to be.

I was in Hawaii with Coyote and others and I interacted with Eric P. every day of my stay (7 days). I found him to be a very loving multi-layered individual who would do anything to keep us from being hurt. He offers so much of himself to others and even teaches us online at the Navigator site. He goes out of his way to reach out to help others in need. For those who have little to spend, he gives away free online CDs of the information also. I agree with Coyote that Hawaii was without doubt the most amazing week of my life, and I was filled with the most amazing loving energy I have ever felt for 5 days afterwards. My goal is to continue that energy.

He is the least ego-centric person I have met and he would be the last person to want someone to label him which he has said in many of his courses and also in Hawaii. In his free radio podcasts, I have heard him say over and over how much he hates to take money for this information he provides to us, but he feels that it is the only way of getting the message out. If you offer everything for free, too often people will not take you seriously or try to abuse you.

Just my thoughts!
Namaste!
Chris

Dear Chrism,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad that your experiences with EP were so positive, however mine were not. HB as a company were seriously bad, double charging, forgetting to send items (more than once!!) and several other things which left me less than impressed.

If Eric is now offering some things to people for free , then great.

I gave Higher Balance programmes 12 months trial and found they do not meet my needs. Some of the subject matter is, as far as I am concerned, highly dubious. Why, for instance ,spend your time and energy on 'remote viewing' , which from Coyote's blog is snooping on anothers thoughts, when that energy could be used to help others heal?? My overall impression was that the courses are based on selfishness and superiority - not on sharing.

Eric says that
"Any person is ultimately free to choose to reject what I am saying and to walk away and believe what they like. But, as a White Cell, this choice assures that you will never fulfill your purpose" ( Handbook Navigator pg 58)
Really !! and you say he is not arrogant or manipulative ?? So in other words if I don't do what Eric says (and buy his programmes) then I won't achieve my spiritual goals !
If someone sets themselves up as the only True Saviour as he has declared himself to be then run away as fast as you can.

I am not prepared to go in for any further discussion on the subject as my chosen way of Oneness and Love is clearly not that of the exclusive cult of 'white cells'. I'll stick with Qigong thanks.

Do what you believe - follow your heart and your soul, but do not seek to impose your views on others.

love and light
Faune

Dear Faune,

I was not delivering a personal attack on you! I was relating my personal experiences as they happened. You were not in Hawaii with us; I was! And I do not believe HB to be a cult.

You asked me not to impose my views on others; but that is exactly what "you" are doing. I have had very positive (not perfect) experiences with HB and Eric Pepin. You have had negative experiences. That does not make either one of us an expert on reality.

The last time I checked this was an "open" forum.

Chris

'CULT - a great - often excessive admiration for a person or idea''

a definition of the word cult in my dictionary.

Also if you check the previous posts other than your own. I was asked to be specific with what I experienced.

This is my FINAL post on the subject.

Faune,

That definition could be applied to anything, science, sports fans, steak dinners, politics or anything else people like.

If you really had 12 months experience, which I find dubious, you would understand the reasoning behind these "selfish" courses. They are about developing the 6th sense which is what is going to allow you to connect more fully with the Universe and other people, helping you to heal them or whatever the case may be. It would help if you listed the Modules you have worked with, I sense you did not understand them enough to utilize the information they contain.

Care to tell us what you have?

It seems from reading your posts that you have other unresolved issues and are frustrated with life.

Your extreme anger leaves your position....rather suspect. Why be so emotionally caught up, not a very spiritual way of doing things.

You make the point that one cannot learn enlightenment but has to have it given to them. So in your view, our actions are irrelevant and we should just sit and wait. Why then are you seeking if you truly believe this. This is not very consistent of you.

While there have been charges made against Eric, how does this make them automatically true? Do we not live in America where one is innocent until, PROVEN guilty? Since when does the mere accusation condemn someone? Very closed minded not to consider the other side of the story.

Err...

(http://www.dictionary.com)

cult
–noun
1. a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
7. the members of such a religion or sect.
8. any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

By points 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8, QiGong is in actual fact, also a 'cult'.

I post this in order to correct Faune's rather limited perception of a 'cult' in that future readers may have more insight into this thread.

Normally I would not get into a discussion on
a topic such as this. Don't know who Eric Pepin
is, never heard tell of him, so this is not a personal
attack on him. Its just that your definition of a cult
seems to cover everything that there is in life.
Such as politics, religions, sports, tv, authors, etc,
even the forums here at Learning Strategies.

Just my thoughts, maybe I am missing something.

Gabby

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved