Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Bjhn #58567 03/15/07 06:24 PM

Quote:

I am not considering Esther Hick's books yet. She seems a little weird.

You know, it took me a while to get over the "Abraham" concept. When I got the book Ask and It Is Given, about teachings of Abraham, I thought about Prophet Abraham - Christianity, Judaism and Islam actually go/trace back to him. When I learned the "Abraham" concept, I was annoyed but as I started reading the book, I cherished every chapter of it. Just forget about Abraham, and once you start reading the book, you will actually understand a number of concepts very very clearly. I also recently got their 2 other books "The Law of Attraction" and "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent" since the message was so clear when it comes to "Ask and It Is Given."

Also, Michael Losier wrote "Ask and It Is Given" is the book where he properly understood the explanations about Attraction. When I read his book, I felt like I already knew 90% of the content and what he is about to say next since it is almost based on "Ask and It Is Given."

All I would say is ... just don't let the Abraham concept hold you back. Why do you care how she got the information?

So I understand you are building a nice library for LoA - to do what exactly? May I ask? How about some immediate 30/60/90 days goals?

One other book I can suggest is "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain. I like the smiplicity but powerful message and 'how to do/attract' examples.

LoA is very simple - it basically says "Where Attention/Focus/Emotion goes, Energy flows and Result shows" or "What we Focus on Expands" or "Like attracts Like" - or however you want to put it.

Everything in the universe vibrates. We are made up of ~50 Trillion Atoms - they all vibrate. Our thoughts, send out frequency (this can even be measured now). When there is a match between our thought frequency, our belief system and the object of our intention, there is a match and by law of attraction we attract it toward us. That's why it is very important to always think/speak about what we want and not the other way around. For example, "wealth and abundance" vs. "getting out of debt" or "move toward perfect health" vs. "cure my injury (where focus/attention goes to injury, where energy flows and result shows)" etc.
Otherwise, we activate the thought/vibration of what we don't want and since it is activated, by the law of attraction, it can come to us based on our belief system.

Bjhn Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

So I understand you are building a nice library for LoA - to do what exactly? May I ask? How about some immediate 30/60/90 days goals?

Strange question. I guess you wonder why people buy Abundance for life too?
To grasp the concept a little better is one of my reasons Another reason is becaue I think The Secret DVD only scratches the surface. I want to go deeper.

Kelly Howell's The Secret CD appears to be a good buy. I've used it for 5 days already. She really talks you into sleep. The chanting or whatever in the beginning of the CD do sound a little cheesy. We'll see in the future if the CD helps in the manifestation process.

I have already set up some goals for 90 days and 180 days forward.

Bjhn #58569 03/15/07 09:37 PM

I agree my question "to do what exactly" sounds a bit strange and couple of years ago I would ask the exact same thing. However, in the last 2 years, I have gone through Feng Shui & Qigong retreats, Photoreading seminar, Millionaire Mind Weedend with T. Harv Eker and Silva Ultra Mind ESP seminar. They all benifited in different ways. I met a lot of interesting people, a lot of exceptionally nice people. I also started combining techniques when they make sense. For example, when I do Qigong healing on myself or others, I use Silva mental screen technique in the background and use a remote control type device to remove blockages from myself of whoever I'm healing. So, yes, every system or book or CD adds something good.

What I have found is when I set a particular goal before starting any of these, and work on the goal during the seminar/session/practice, the manifastation can be much quicker and my understanding goes deeper. But in reality, majority of people attend or read just to expand their knowledge but rarely use the information. I made a habit of reading book every day, even if it gets very late. I made a habit of almost removing TV, especially all those blood spilling action movies I used to watch during school/college as I had friends working for movie theaters. As I started applying techniques one by one, I see how everything starts changing for good. I was not in any bad situation but if you have never eaten a mango, how would you know how it tastes compared to other fruits?

Bjhn Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/the_secret

That was almost what to expect from a satirical newspaper such as The Onion. What they are listing is very much what people who hasn't seen the video is complaining about or is critical of.

It can be seen as an ego trip, but that goes for most self help products.

Bjhn #58572 03/16/07 04:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That was almost what to expect from a satirical newspaper such as The Onion. What they are listing is very much what people who hasn't seen the video is complaining about or is critical of.

Well, yes, but it sure made me giggle! Thanks for posting that, very funny!

Jeanne #58573 03/16/07 09:39 PM
Bjhn Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, yes, but it sure made me giggle! Thanks for posting that, very funny!

I must agree it was funny. Especially "You deserve whatever you want no matter how awful you are", "You can never be too tan" and "Please allow universe six to eight millennia to deliver".

Bjhn #58574 03/22/07 05:30 PM

An interesting 'slight' twist by Silva regarding LoA.
http://www.mindhacks.org/2007/03/22/how-...-of-programming

I purchased "The Secret" in February after viewing the Oprah Winfrey show. My life has totally changed. I see things so different.

"Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."
~ Joseph Campbell

Happy to be here,
freshrain1

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved