Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Has anyone tried using PR to study language?

Can PR work on acquiring vocabulary?

Anyone know a good strategy of PR for essay writing?

Hi & welcome!

Do not try to learn photoreading on school materials.

Learn photoreading on a book about a hobby or self-help book something that has absolutely nothing to do with school.

Master photoreading first on something else that has nothing to do with school.

When you know you have mastered photoreading and you are absolutely certain you have mastered it then, only then use photoreading on school materials but first learn photoreading on non-school materials master photoreading on non-school materials first.

You mentioned practicing photoreading i say do not practice just do it.

The techniques are not hard they are simple.

There are 3 things i would say are very important while learning photoreading.

1. Relax.

2. Be open. Do not overanalyze everything and have to have proof of everything. Maintain a i will wait and see what happens attitude.

3. Be curious.

Photoread4me

OP Offline

Hi, and thanks for your second reply.

No offence PR4ME but I have paid alot of money to just 'wait and see what happens.' I think my purchase vouches well enough for my open mindedness.

I must confess I am a little apprehensive about having paid so much money for the PR course. I hoping it will rocket me to academic success. I want to believe that PR is not a gimmick to make someone else alot of money and that these techniques really do work, but I have never tried it before. Nor do I no anyone else who has done it, nor is it something that comes with a 100% guarantee that it will work for anyone despite the endorsements. Even if I ended up deciding the product was not for me I would be out over $100 in shipping costs alone. So the 30 day guarantee does nothing for me. I will not be returning it. I am affraid that no matter what I have two choices, to either have faith in the product or not.

Hello. I learned photoreading back in 1996. 11 years ago.

I suggest you do a search on schoolwork on the photoreading forum.

When you do the search you will see numerous posts explaining that it is not a good idea to try to learn photoreading at the same time trying to learn it on schoolwork. One of the reasons is how will you know whether you are having a problem learning photoreading or are you having a problem learning the subject matter.

One thing that concerns me is that your post is communicating this urgency how fast will you learn photoreading. This is not something that you put in a microwave and zap! you are instant photoreader it does not work that way.

I remember years ago i was watching this video on photoreading and Pete Bissonette the president of learning strategies was talking about people that would have a problem with learning photoreading. One of the examples Pete gave was someone wanting to learn photoreading from a position of desperation or needing a miracle and trying to learn photoreading from a position of needing a miracle and trying to use photoreading to come up with a miracle.

It does not work that way. What you can expect from photoreading providing you are using the techniques correctly is to get your reading done in 1/3 of a time it would normally take you to read a book. If it takes you 12 hours to read a book with photoreading you should be able to go through the same book in 3 to 4 hours (we are talking about a beginner photoreader when i say 3 to 4 hours).

And you have to do the exercises and do exactly what Paul Scheele is teaching. I have seen it countless times where people do not follow the instructions. They do not do what Paul teaches in the book/course and then they wonder why are they having all these problems? They are having all these problems because they are not following directions.

Photoread4me

Jaysun d7. You are talking about how fast to get results with photoreading and already i see a problem you are having. No offense intended but you are stressed out! You have this attitude this must work for you. You will learn in photoreading that you want to be in the relaxed but alert state. You are definitely not in the relaxed alert state at this time. You are pressuring yourself or stressing yourself out that photoreading must work for you so it can help you in school but because you are stressing out it is creating a distraction for you and a hinderance and this will definitely interfere with learning.You are doing exactly the opposite of what you should be doing.

When i say be open what i am saying is be open to the possibility of what if. I am saying do not be closed minded be open to the possibility of what if by that i mean do not rush to judgement during the learning process and do not jump to conclusions during the learning process. Follow the process all the way through.

Speaking of following processes not following the process is exactly why many people have problems. They do not follow the process.

You talk about wanting all these results. Ok i am going to give you an example. If you follow this person's example you will be well on your way to success and i will tell you you would be wise to follow this lady's example.
The lady i am talking about is AlexK the moderator of this photoreading forum.Alex learned photoreading from the photoreading book and this forum. She is now a certified photoreading instructor and photoreading has dramatically changed her life. What did Alex do to achieve this success? She did what so many people failed to do she followed directions. That's right it is not really more complicated than that. She simply followed the directions, did the exercises and today she is where she is by simply following the instructions and doing the exercises. Apparently many people have a difficult time following instructions. Alex's results speak for themselves.

If you are concerned about guarantees you can contact learning strategies and ask for a 6 month extension on the guarantee. Obviously shipping costs or taxes are beyond learning strategies control.

But i will tell you this right now. You are starting off the wrong way. Pressuring yourself or having an extreme urgency that this must work will work against you not for you. And remember that learning strategies guarantee means that you will get your reading done in a third of the time it would have taken you if you had done conventional reading.

I suggest you do a search on Alexk. You will find a wealth of information there and you would be wise to listen to what Alex has to say.

Photoread4me

Hi jaysun_d7,

first of all i would let you to see my result first.

"SPM is a test that government gave to student in order to measure their standard. Honestly, i would post result here so that i can seek for advice and improvement from you all.

I am happy with this result. I learned photoreading wholemind system when i was preparing for SPM. It's about three month from SPM. I finished my photoreading wholemind system course in september and i sit for SPM in november. That means i can only apply photoreading in my course for 1 more months.

A1 is the best, A2,B3,B4,C5,C6,D7,E8 and G9 is the worst.
Left one is SPM result, right one is the test result before SPM(that means photoreading doesnt apply on that test)

Language:
Melayu - B4/C6
Chinese- A2/C5
English- A1/B4

Science:
Physics- B3/D7
Biology -B4/C6
Chemistry - C5/E8
EST -B3/B3 (didnt apply PR on EST yet)

Calculation:
Mathematics-A1/C5
Additional Mathematics-B3/D7

Others:
History- A1/C6
Moral -A2/9G"

So i have improved my study by applying photoreading on my study.

Well please be relaxed first. Then back to Photoread4me's word.

Please believe him. You can see the number of posts from him. He is a professional photoreader and a well preacher for you.

I hope my thread can help you.

Kind regards,

Kunagi

OP Offline

Congratulations Kunagi, I am glad PR has worked for you.

What type of text did you practice PR with? Magazines?

Experience I value however I also require respect.

All the best,

J

Hi Jaysun_d7

No I haven't tried PR to study language so I will not be able to help you in this regard.

With regard to building your vocabulary, I can offer a suggestion or two. Try PhotoReading the Dictionary multiple times. Do give a break of one sleep cycle between your successive PhotoReading sessions. I mean you can try it doing once per day for 15-20 days. Others have definitely benefited from it and I think so will you.

IMHO, one of the side benefits of a reading habit is that over time your vocabulary gets enriched. So extending this logic further, when you PhotoRead lot many books you will get an enriched vocabulary pretty soon.

As far as good strategy of PR for writing an essay is concerned, I will recommend you to read the Chapter 11 titled "Use Synoptic Reading for Life Long Exploration" in your Photoreading book, which came along with the course. This Chapter deals with how to read multiple books on a subject and then collate the material to write an essay or a paper.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

God bless you.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Once you learn the system then use the method for learning languages. Already posted on the forum a number of times. Try the search function.

Alex

Hi Jaysun_d7,

After i learned Photoreading Wholemind System, my reading time has improved for 300% of original reading time.

I have PRed Magazines, Newspaper, Advertisements, Emails, Online articles, Online lessons, fiction books, nonfiction books, traditional articles, school text book, school work book, dictionary, japanese fiction books......and so on.

I believe PR is available for all this stuff. I tested it and i got 70~75% of comprehension for every type of books i PRed.

I hope my words can help you. Thanks.

God bless you

Kind regards,

Kunagi

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved