Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

Learning Strategies mentions on the back of their "Thank you for your order" pamphlet that subliminal affirmation programs can sometimes be harmful. They mentioned two examples of cases where affirmations were possibly destructive or led to dysfunctional behaviours.

I think I had acquired a dysfunctional belief system from an Audio Activation Subliminal, several years ago.

Anyway, the subliminal was called "You're Irresistable, Attract the woman you want" The bad effect was that I ended up having bad relationships, and being too kind, subservient, unwise and pulled away from who I really was. It was my first experience with subliminal technology, not a good start at all.

Trouble is I kept on listening to it, because the cover of the tape was attractive and it promised the results I wanted. I said to myself..."This just has to be good, there must be something wrong with me that I'm getting wierd results."

How can this be avoided, it was not some unknown, small, strange company, besides Bantam published it? Surely there has to be international standards imposed on products like this, to protect the consumer? What steps can be taken to avoid this? How do you know you're not listening to rubbish?

Has anybody else here had experience with mind-programming dysfunction installers?

------------------------------------------
I know LS is the best, but what steps does Learning Strategies take to avoid creating tapes that cause dysfunction?
------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited May 03, 2003).]

Hi Grant,

I understand your concern.Though I never really had dysfunctional behaviours,but I wasted too much money and time on this useless subliminal products.

Well,in order to avoid the problem,Don't listen to it at all!!!Since you mentioned it gives you dysfunctional behaviour,why go through the trouble again?I am not trying to be harsh here,just that I do not want you to make the same mistake again.

Do not be fooled by the powerful advertising by the companies,you just have to ask around and check out if the products really work.I do not think there is any international body that does the testing and certification for mind products.

For the last question,I think Sandy would be in a better position to advise.

Regards
Mage

Administrator
Administrator

The reason I originally developed the Paraliminal technology was to avoid the very thing you mentioned. When you submit to being changed without your ability to know what is being said or used...have you really gained anything? You do so at the cost of being able to choose. For me that wasn't acceptable. I believe that we are better off when we can learn, consciously and nonconsciously, how to gain more choice and guide our lives to the successes we desire.

You asked:

How can this be avoided, it was not some unknown, small, strange company, besides Bantam published it? Surely there has to be international standards imposed on products like this, to protect the consumer? What steps can be taken to avoid this? How do you know you're not listening to rubbish?

It is a consumer beware marketplace. You can't even ask for the list of suggestions on subliminals because they will tell you "If you knew them consciously it would negate the subliminal effect because you would argue with them at a conscious level."

I don't buy that. I think you can get better results when you know and AGREE TO the suggestions you are receiving. If you would argue with them, maybe they aren't worth stuffing in to your head.

I know LS is the best, but what steps does Learning Strategies take to avoid creating tapes that cause dysfunction?

Thanks for the kudos. We work very diligently to script only positive and constructive suggestions and test them out with the team involved in production.

In the case of the Natural Brilliance Protocol Paraliminals (found in a few of our courses), I purposefully use "negative" suggestions to fire off the oscillations necessary to create the positive change. Even these "negatives" are merely statements of past facts that—once surfaced—can be opened and the energy stored in them directed for positive outcomes. This is the mental equivalent of the martial art Aikido, where there is no attack, only the use of the attacker's energy to disable the attacker and reason with him.

You can use all the Paraliminal products with confidence that they will guide you to find and use resources already available within you.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved