Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#59367 04/09/07 07:02 PM
Katt Offline OP
OP Offline

Alright, I have enough of the Paraliminals that I should have just gone ahead and ordered the whole library even though I don't smoke. I have almost finished the Natural Brilliance course and when I'm done with that I have Four Powers and Photoreading to get to.

However, I have a truckload of work to do so I can receive my much needed paycheck and I'm just not doing it. It's not hard work and I telecommute from home so it's not like I have a boss breathing down my neck. (Ironically I still have to occasionally deal with office politics.) I have commitments I have made that I am not following through on. I hate letting people down and I know that I am. I'm not living up to their expectations or my own.

Suggestions?

Katt #59368 04/16/07 11:21 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Maybe you could tell us what you want.

Alex

Well, since Katt did not respond, and I have a similar issue, I will chime in here and take any response with gratitude:

I want to be a financial success at my business(es). I am a professional storyteller and a clergyman (rabbi) of a small congregation. I am still in the red for the storytelling, but I enjoy it a lot and it is picking up.

I am holding back at doing the kind of marketing and work I need to do to really get it into high gear. I have the tools and I even have the time. But I don't do it. I avoid.

I also want to be debt free. More than that, I want to be financially independent so that all work is done for the love I have for it and not for the money.

I practice qigong (SFQ and another more local to me school) and want to develop my practice. I will be certified as a teacher by the end of this calendar year. I want to bring that teaching into my other work and have them all nourish each other.

I want to have a big wall hanging flat screen TV and surround sound home theater so that I can show Spiritual Cinema Circle movies to more people in a better way (I do this now as part of my work and with our local qigong support group).

I want to develop a better relationship with my wife.

I would like to get back into my music and spend some time composing and creating. I have GarageBand and my iMac, some keyboards, my classical guitars, percussion instruments, a pretty good voice, A Berklee College of Music education in film composing and jazz arranging and talent--everything I need, except the right scheduling and use of my time. This last problem applies to all of my other wants and desires.

I would like to stop cluttering and be more organized. I have been messy all of my life and it impacts me, my health, my career and my family very much.

I want to be more disciplined and intentional about all of my goals and my life. I have a little (or maybe more than a little) ADD and it can be an ability or "superpower" but it often gets in my way.

To be specific, when I use paraliminals, and I need to set an intention, I have trouble being specific, because there are so many things I want to change or accomplish or be, that the monkey mind tends to flit from one objective to the other.

So for example, if I am using "Break the Habit", I start thinking in the middle "maybe I really should have put on GET AROUND TO IT. Or I change which habit I want to stop. I have this same problem with many of the Paraliminals: I have trouble on focusing on the goal objective or whatever is being asked. I resist!

I absolutely know that I am very close to a gold mine in my life. I don't want to be like the guy in Napoleon Hill's book THINK AND GROW RICH who was 3 feet from a major strike in a real gold mine when he quit (well, actually I DO want to be like him: he later became one of the most succesful insurance salesmen in his time (he was selling over a million dollars of insurance back in the 30's! He learned his lesson from his mine "failure"--never give up!).

But I feel like I have been that way and I tend towards behaviors that lead me towards mediocrity, rather than excellence and abundance.

I have Natural Brilliance and a lot of Paraliminals (GET AROUND TO IT, BREAK THE HABIT, NBG, NOG, NHG, PROSPERITY, TALKING TO WIN, POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS, SELF-ESTEEM SUPERCHARGER, and 10 MINUTE SUPERCHARGER--possibly my favorite one of all them. Always works! Has saved my life on many an occasion!).

Anyway, open to any suggestions and comments.

Thanks Katt, for opening up the thread. And Alex for asking the question, though not to me, since it is a week later, I will step in here and certainly yield to Katt and her issues when she responds. And learn from her questions and any response to those as well, I am sure.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #59370 04/25/07 02:07 PM

This (below) will get you started. It's a fairly complete process (basically taken from the NLP course I took over the past week), and if you stick with it, the results will amaze you. Allow yourself about an hour at a time to work on this, and come at it with a relaxed, semi-meditative state.

So taking three or four of the most important issues you have there (basically print out your list and mark up the sheet - don't second guess yourself - just dive in and do it), choose one to start with, and one at a time ask yourself the following questions. Either have someone who will just listen, and perhaps help ask the questions at the appropriate time to help you, or record your answers or write them out (recording is actually better, because you can then listen to what you've said). Write or say the first thing that comes to mind, this time around.

1) What do you want?
    a) Stated in positive terms
    b) Be specific - describe in terms of See - Hear - Feel
    c) Break it down into chunk size, if necessary.
2) What will that do for you? (specifically)
3) How will you know when you have it?
4) How will this affect other aspects (or people) in your life?
5) What stops you from having this already?
6) What resources do you have already that will help you obtain your outcome?
7) What additional resources do you need to obtain it?
8) How are you going to get there?
    a) First step. Be specific and achievable.
    b) Is there more than one way to get there?
Once you have all of this information, it should be clear to you why you're not taking action presently, and it should also help you to move into action. Most people stop before they get started because they overwhelm themselves with a false perception that the task is too huge or they are lacking in some capacity to get the job done. These questions should have eliminated those two ideas.

Then use the information you've gleaned from your own mind to clearly set your intentions with the paraliminals. You'll probably see which ones will do the job better as well, by using the process.

Good luck, and let us know how this works for you.

Cheers!
Unis

I have a question, that Bill Harris character and people here always go on about how to get what you want using the secret or whatever, isn't there anything else in this world we can do other than want something or try to get what we want?.( I know thats still wanting something )

adam36 #59372 04/26/07 01:29 PM

Adam-
Want, then PLAN , then DO, then Have.

the process Unis shared is a very pragmatic way to create a workable, achievable plan that when done will get the results you want.

vitaman

vita-man #59373 04/27/07 02:08 PM

If you're stuck on figuring out what you want, how to plan and then decide that to do I suggest you take a look at the Clear Mind Bright Future course.

It's a goal setting course that for want of putting it succinctly helps you get your life priorities straight and create a plan of action for the year and then what you're going to do for the next 30 days. It isn't a short term goal setting thing either. It helps you look at 5 and even 10 years down the track.

Most of what I see in your post shakurav are terrific ideals that need to be mapped out in a fashion of priorities. Then you can start using the Paraliminals and any other tools you might have to build the dream.

Learn more about Clear Mind Bright Future here.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/ClearMind/Home.asp

And I know I sound like I'm marketing it. That's because it was that course that gave me direction. I too had ideals dreams and hopes and not able to work out how to make them reality because I didn't know where to start and felt overwhelmed. I got to use the course before it was released and since I've first used Clear Mind Bright Future I've found a path in life.

Alex

Thank you so much to both Alex and Unis!

Actually, this is VERY helpful.

Alex, I am pretty sure I did do the CMBF course on line once (I think there was a discount code or something maybe back in 2005--[edit: it was actually Jan 2006--just looked it up. I missed the deadline by that much! Oh wel, I probably will do it again, if the same kinds of goal making doesn't come from my current work with Natural Brilliance, the Parliminals I am doing and my Napoleon Hill study and practice, not to mention Unis' suggestions]) and did find it very helpful. But I misplaced my results!

I probably need to do it again, but I think I have to wait in terms of budget this month. Both my wife and I tried this and we found it helpful, if it is what I think it is.

Unis, thanks again for outlining that approach you learned from your NLP training. I am very much intrigued by everything I have ever read or tried concerning NLP. An experienced NLP recommended that I read Tony Robbins book UNLIMTED POWER (I think that is the name), because it is a great intro to NLP. I learn a lot from that book every time I take a pass at it (I think I will try PhotoReading it! ).

Anyway, thanks again to both of you and again to Katt for starting this thread. See, this why I love this Forum!

Quote:

If you're stuck on figuring out what you want, how to plan and then decide that to do I suggest you take a look at the Clear Mind Bright Future course.

It's a goal setting course that for want of putting it succinctly helps you get your life priorities straight and create a plan of action for the year and then what you're going to do for the next 30 days. It isn't a short term goal setting thing either. It helps you look at 5 and even 10 years down the track.

Most of what I see in your post shakurav are terrific ideals that need to be mapped out in a fashion of priorities. Then you can start using the Paraliminals and any other tools you might have to build the dream.

Learn more about Clear Mind Bright Future here.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/ClearMind/Home.asp

And I know I sound like I'm marketing it. That's because it was that course that gave me direction. I too had ideals dreams and hopes and not able to work out how to make them reality because I didn't know where to start and felt overwhelmed. I got to use the course before it was released and since I've first used Clear Mind Bright Future I've found a path in life.

Alex

Last edited by shakurav; 04/27/07 05:20 PM.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #59375 04/27/07 06:32 PM

wow this is all very helpful... I have printed it out to really take a good l@@k at it...

thanks!,....

Katt #88520 09/22/21 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Katt
Alright, I have enough of the Paraliminals that I should have just gone ahead and ordered the whole library even though I don't smoke. I have almost finished the Natural Brilliance course and when I'm done with that I have Four Powers and Photoreading to get to.
Fashion things always remember by women
GetForFashion`s recent blog post

However, I have a truckload of work to do so I can receive my much needed paycheck and I'm just not doing it. It's not hard work and I telecommute from home so it's not like I have a boss breathing down my neck. (Ironically I still have to occasionally deal with office politics.) I have commitments I have made that I am not following through on. I hate letting people down and I know that I am. I'm not living up to their expectations or my own.

Suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved