Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Denisse70 #88521 09/22/21 06:26 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Denisse!

What would be helpful will depend to a large extent on why you are procrastinating. If what you’re doing doesn’t support or isn’t congruent with what you value, that’s a different kettle of fish from being afraid to put yourself out there.

From a general perspective, though, I would suggest, taking a look at Get Around To It, Break the Habit or if you’re feeling REALLY stuck any of the Generator Paraliminals that seem appropriate.

Another great Paraliminal for assessing what you value in your life would be Success Built to Last and Self-Discipline is often helpful for ferreting out values misalignments.

All the best to you!
Wendy Greer

Katt #88555 11/29/21 05:58 PM

Wow. I am so glad this forum still alive because good supportive forums are pretty much gone. When I first log in I got attracted to this original and follow-up post because I am suffering from strong procrastination. I LOVE what I do for work and I am trying really hard to grow, but I sabotage myself by sleeping late and getting to work at about 11:00 AM (if I did not own my business I would be fired long ago, and if I was not amazing at what I do, I would have lost this current gig). But is hard to grow if I only work 6 hours a day... Why am I self-sabotaging myself? I will repeat what I mentioned to a friend a couple of days ago, I was educated on a very strict Jesuit Catholic School in which I was instructed on the merits of being poor, I also have vivid memories of when I was a child being hungry and afraid of losing our home. A couple of days ago as I was driving, a flash of repressed memory came clear into my mind (I think in response to why I sleep late -no matter at what time I go to bed), when I was in middle school I was kicked out from Catholic school and as punishment, I was sent to military school. So our wake-up time was 5:00 AM every day and had 30 minutes to be perfect information outside by 5:30 AM to start our morning exercises. I have to confess that as I am writing this, I am having a very tight stomach and I am kind of glad that I am typing this and not saying it out loud.

I have huge dreams, and a huge opportunity is just knocking on my door, and that is why I find myself here because I need to change, I need to convince my subconscious that I want to enjoy waking up again at 5:00 AM so I have time to meditate, do my QGong, and still be at work by 9:00 AM. Countless times I convinced myself to try waking up early until morning arrives...

I also have the bad habit of purchasing material that then sits on my shelves, I think I owned all paraliminals, and created a different problem because I have not used any of the material and I do not even know where to start. I am clear on what I want? Most certainly. Do I know how to get there? I have the feeling that stopping at procrastinating and trusting the Universe would be a huge meaning to get me there. There is also a lot of reading to sharing with the tribe, getting a partner to work with, hmmm love the idea, and I guess that is why I am sharing long-forgotten thoughts and emotions. I want to convert my past into my wisdom and be firm in my present ready to embrace my new amazing future.

thank you for reading,

Steven

Katt #88560 12/06/21 09:14 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Steven!

Can you distill what you are asking? What products are you currently using? Have you set some strong and vibrant goals and checked to be sure they are aligned with what you value?

It sounds as if there may be some deep seated issue with belief in your worthiness to receive, your innate capacities to create what you seek, or whether the goals are actually something you truly value.

If you want to give more personal answers, you could email Coaching@LearningStrategies.com.

All the best,
Wendy Greer

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved