Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Thank you so much again for all this wonderful advise!

Nanina, Im going to break the habit of stepping onto the scales every morning, because I realise that it is such a destructive habit for me and controls my life so much. I am asking a friend to keep them for me for a long while. Also, I will be listening to my TRN's while I mark.

I am setting my alarm half an hour early now in the mornings and listening to one of the paraliminals, as well as in the evenings, so all that will have started to kick in as well.

SteveBCA, you are absolutely correct, part of my issue is also about unwanted attention from men. As a teenager, I got alot of attention and enjoyed it, but because of my cultural background, and mostly my parent's attitude, I couldnt do much with this attention - I knew my parents wanted to arrange my marriage, and they did. My marriage was to someone from another country, lots of cultural differences there, and it got so bad that we are now separated but he keeps wanting me back, we have a child together as well. I know that my weight issues are to do with keeping him away from me ( being fat = unattractive) as I somehow cant stand up to him. This inability to stand up for myself stems from my childhood - controlling parents who still to this day treat me and my brothers as small children.

There, I've said it, my main core issues. I am listening to Belief and considering these. One thing I know is that I have got to get to grips with these emotional issues before I can successfully lose and keep the weight off. Using the paraliminals and the sound advise I have received, I am hoping that this is the last time I have to lose such a great amount.

Here begins my great journey!

Hi Pink!!!

Well can't resist adding to your thread... dieting is something I have learned a lot about in the last year especially. Each time I tried again I realized something that would help improve my sticking to it.... until I figured it out. My advise to you is... Only eat healthy food and that means natural food. Eat as much as you like until you naturally eat less. Don't force it. Also listen to your body, some days you may need to eat more and do it. Also they say exercise is key because many sources these days are saying diets don't work. Just start with doing a little more exercising than you are doing now and find something you enjoy. I am doing my 20 minute pilates routine. Before I was walking quite a bit but it was too much for my body right now.

Anyhow, just keep trying till you finally find your place in this. It's a lifestyle of eating right that you are wanting to achieve more than anything... And you will also find you prefer eating the good stuff! what could be better!

Hope this helps and looks like you are already going good!
scooter~*

OP Offline

Hey Scooter, thanks!

Its true, its the healthy foods that are nutrient dense which are better for you. I have been studying food diets, and Weight Watchers have one where you can cook what you want from a list of mainly natural ingredients, then eat as much as you want in any one sitting, there being 3 sittings a day with 2 snacks from a list between them. This is directly the same principle what you are saying, natural healthy foods eaten as much as your body needs will help your body to get back to it's natural weight.

What I think is happening in western society these days, is that due to stress, lonliness, keeping up with the neighbours etc, we use food for comfort eating too much and especially to compensate for feelings or memories we would rather not face. At these times its the rubbish foods that we prefer, the ones with empty calories.

That's been my issue, I know what I should be eating, but when I dont want to face a certain feeling, I will stuff up with rubbish food so I think about the uncomfortable feeling in my distended stomach rather than the actual feeling, and then of course, the original feeling has gone by the time my stomach has digested the food... But I am working on it now, and a week after listening to Ideal Weight and New Behaviour Generator, I can feel that my dress is just that slightly bit looser - not as tight as it had become. Of course what has helped is that my car broke down and has been in the garage all week and so I decided to walk to work and back instead, that's 1 hour altogether every day.

Point being, that any diet must be complemented by an exercise routine as well. Again, I have been doing alot of research on this and it seems that every day a new barage of information becomes available. Seems that interval training is the way to go, rather than long durations of aerobic activity. Pilates and similar routines are good for lengethining muscles, but, I must say I have become apple shaped - a rather large waist line, not too good for the old ticker. The work I did with EFT showed me it was about all the feelings I have been "stuffing" inside me rather than expressing. Any suggestions out there for me on the best way to reduce this? It has always been my dream to have an hourglass figure.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved