Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

Hi there and Greetings from Finland!

I just got my Diamond Feng Shui Program at the PhotoReading Retreat (Aug 12th through 16th in Minneapolis) and wanted to start a thread to follow my progress through the program and, well, give other fellow learners that might be a bit further a chance to jump in with encouragement and tips & hints. ;-)

With the PhotoReading mindset I just took the "fast forward" approach these past few days and listened all the Fast Finish tracks from the first level of FS, finishing with the Paraliminal CD.

I have spent the last two days just getting rid of clutter. Now I feel it's more use listening the program with regular speed and start to do some of the activations.

Alright, with 0:30 AM in Finland I say Good Night!

- Sakke

OP Offline

Today I've been trying different settings with the table and chairs and also just pulling unused clothes, books and "stuff" from all cubboards.

I guess I'm not sure about how to position my "throne". If I should see incoming flow without turning my head, is 90 degrees to left or right (i.e. directly to my left or right) not really good? And do I need to put any cures in place, if there is a window behind me?

I propably will need to find a way to post my appartments layout here somehow, to really ask for feedback Any ideas how I can attach them here or put a link to somewhere else, where it is easy and safe to publish pics?

Same time as yesterday, this is turning into a habit! Good Night,
- Sakke

Last edited by Sakari_Turunen; 08/24/07 09:37 PM.
OP Offline

In the first days I've been clearing off clutter quite a lot - mainly into the rubbish bin but also just "out of sight". Now some cubboards are just stuffed, and the basement is also quite full. I feel I need to get them organized soon, but I felt the "in sight" stuff was more urgent - was I on the right tracks here?

OP Offline

* close bath room door and toilet at all times
* move bed so feet don't point out through the door (btw. the edge of the bed is "on the same line" as the other edge of the door, so technically energy should not come towards or flee away from the bed, but I get the feeling it's a bit close - any thoughts on this one?)
* tried different chair positions
* moved shoes away from the entry way
* threw away unnecessary things from kitchen, bathroom and closets

Alright, this are piling up

And many more to come (and many I didn't remember to write here as well!)
- S

Last edited by Sakari_Turunen; 08/24/07 09:46 PM.
OP Offline

I remember that some Feng Shui people advice against dried flowers. Is it the same with DFS?

I also have some decoration pieces, that might work for activating the wood element, such as a branch with berries -- which of course is dry -- and some dried roots of some special plant which are dried and kind of look like a plant when they are put in a vase, so that they come out of the vase like a living flower would.

Just jump in, if you can add something useful :P

Sakke

OP Offline

The bed I share with my loved one faces one of her best directions, South (Relationships), where as me being a 2, South isn't one of my best directions.

I have SouthEast as Wisdom/Growth direction. Should I then start sleeping slightly tilted, so my head points more to SouthEast? Or will other activations or cures do the trick?

Sakari_Turunen #61516 08/25/07 11:15 AM
OP Offline

Adding to what I wrote earlier, are dried leafs (like maple leafs) also not good Feng Shui?

- Sakke

OP Offline

My office is only ten square meters (~32 square feet)

I can now sit towards the door, to see the incoming flow, but I can't really avoid being in the flow. Any cures for this?

- Sakke

OP Offline

Answering myself, partly:

Cures for having your back against the door from the essentials DVD:
- Picture of a mountain or a turtle
- High chair

But how do I cure the situation, if I'm facing the door (to see the incoming flow)?

Last edited by Sakari_Turunen; 08/27/07 02:02 PM.
OP Offline

I live on the third floor in an appartment building. Should I use the front door of my SUITE or the front door of the WHOLE BUILDING as the front door with the program?

Also, should I somehow lead Qi up the staircase to our door or just work with my own appartment? I can't really go about changing things too much in the common areas such as the staircase but of course I can make some suggestions.

On the roll,
Sakke

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

At your desk it's important to face one of your best directions, then a view of the entry, then being out of the entry flow.

A high-backed chair can give some support that you don't get from the window behind you.

If you received the Diamond edition of the course, you can fax/email in your layout and set up a 20-minute couaching voucher call with Wendy here at Learning Strategies.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

Dried flowers are dead, and aren't recommended. Potpourri is alright until the scent has left the petals.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

You could angle that direction, but Just make sure your activations are in place.

Is the front door (apartment door) facing a good direction for you?

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

Dried leaves are dead plants.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

Are you facing one of your good directions?

Sometimes you can place a something that "buffers" the flow before it gets to your desk. It would depend on the size of the room and the layout. Sounds like a good thing for a 20-minute coaching voucher.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

You'll take the direction of your suite door. When you get to the Time Feng Shui in Level Three, it would be interesting to know where your suite is located within the star chart for your building as a whole.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Quote:

You could angle that direction, but Just make sure your activations are in place.
Much Love, Shawn

Hi!

The thing is that both my bed and front door don't face good directions for me but they do for my fiancee. So I'm trying to cope with sleeping in an angle and putting activations in place.

One of the first things I am probably putting on my new activation cards as a goal is to find a new place to live, since we we're getting started on finding new place anyway.

With Passion,
Sakke

OP Offline

I thought it would be a good thing to sum up the situation now, for future reference and to clarify for myself, what are my current priorities

Well, what's up at the moment is the following:
- still finding more things to throw out 6 give away
- Hid paper bins under tables or in closets
- Removed all dead things from my living room
- Found a study buddy
- Still learning to shut bathroom door

What I really want to do is
- Redo my activation cards from last year (when I listened the Essentials at a friends house) now that I have cleared the space (and have the full Dimond level program)
- ... and do the activations as well
- Have my book of transformations in place
- Get my office fixed (clean up, directions, chair and so on - the "First Five Steps" stuff)
- Find or draw a layout plan of my home & office to go through the coaching

I think its ok if you see the incoming flow from your desk. The problem is if you cannot see it.

Im new too! Good luck!

Liana

OP Offline

We have a closet without doors at the entrance for shoes and jackets. Is it a good idea to hang a curtain in front ... or does it have to be real doors?

- Sakke

OP Offline

I usually pack my bag for the coming day already in the evening and place it by the entrance.

Would it be better even at night time to have the entrance clean?

Sakke

Sakari_Turunen #61531 08/28/07 12:07 PM
OP Offline

We have a balcony in our appartment (3rd floor). I'm not sure how it fits in to Feng Shui.

Do I consider it my SW corner of the house, or the family room next to it? The balcony is not heated, but with glass walls.

Also, is there some incoming Qi from the balcony door, or does it count more as a window?

Since I have the front door in a bad direction, I'd like to activate balcony door more, facing the health direction (E). But there is no way to climb to the 3rd floor throught the balcony, not without Spider-Man gear ;-)

I already cleared all dried stuff (flowers and so on) from the living room and placed them on the balcony, since my fiancee really likes them (and is not yet bitten by the DFS bug :P)

Sakke

OP Offline

We have our dirty laundry hidden in a closet, but the clean ones usually take some time in the living room in a chair waiting to be ironed in a few days. They are not in one of my good directions, but in the health direction of my fiancee.

Any notes on laundry?

Zacharias

Sakari_Turunen #61533 08/28/07 12:11 PM
OP Offline

I remember listening to a CD that mentioned about flowers and something about pointy leafs. I don't remember where it was, but was it that they were not good in the living room? And well, fresh plants and flowers were a no-no for the bedroom as well - if I remember correctly.

Sakke

OP Offline

We have this sort of nice wooden basket for old newspapers -- without any lid on top -- which we have in a corner in our kitchen / dining room.

Marie mentioned, it would be a good idea to have garbage bins hidden or under a table or something like it to cover it from the top.

My question is, though, would it be ok to just buy a matching lid..? Or does the basket itself have to be hidden?

OP Offline

The activations I chose for my activation cards seem to hover around similar subjects. Is it ok, for example, to even use the same goal/activation with multiple cards -- like working on the same topic both in in the success and growth corners?

Sakke

OP Offline

Hi!

In the essentials booklet it is advised to have a set of cards for the bedroom and another for the office -- how 'bout a third one for the living room? Is it advisable to activate more than the success direction there (we are only two people, sharing both bedroom and living room)?

Sakke

Last edited by Sakari_Turunen; 08/30/07 10:01 PM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Quote:

Quote:

Much Love, Shawn

Hi!

The thing is that both my bed and front door don't face good directions for me but they do for my fiancee. So I'm trying to cope with sleeping in an angle and putting activations in place.

One of the first things I am probably putting on my new activation cards as a goal is to find a new place to live, since we we're getting started on finding new place anyway.

With Passion,
Sakke

""on my new activation cards as a goal is to find a new place to live which support both me and my fiance's success, relationship, health and growth."

OP Offline

Marie mentions on the Essentials DVD the trick to sell your house more easily by placing lights in the garden to shed light on the house for 3-5 hours when it's dark.

We live in an appartment building. Would it work to put lights on the balcony? (I asked earlier, if the balcony is considered part of the house or not)

Yours,
Sakke

OP Offline

Hi there!

First off, thanks for the great answers - lot's of help!

Also, there are still quite a number of questions I posted here above that are not answered, some dating back over more than a week.

I hope you find time to help me with some more answers!

Have a great day!
Sakke

Last edited by Sakari_Turunen; 09/06/07 07:39 AM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

Both of you will activate your individual success directions. They can both be done in the bedroom, but if one of you wants to do theirs in the living room instead, that works as well.

Make sure that the person with the bed and front door facing a poor position, has their desk facing a good direction.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

A curtain would keep the clutter down.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

It's always better to keep the front enterance clutter-free.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

The garbage needs to be hidden. A matching top to a nice basket, has you seeing the nice basket, not the "to be recycled" newspapers in it.

Plants with leaves that spike out are not recommended in places you want to be warm, inviteing, and in areas you sit at, like your desk.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

Your activation cards can interelate to a common goal, from each direction's focus.

Much Love,

Shawn

Sakari_Turunen #61545 09/06/07 05:20 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

Check out P.11 in th Level Three manual. If it's just a small extension, it's already strengthening what is going on in that sector of the house.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Hi!

There are a number of activations that are used for different reasons, such as rose quartz to
1) activate the diamond facet of love or relationship luck in space Feng Shui in the SW and
2) activate for example the Abundance Star in yearly Feng Shui

As I want to activate both time and space Feng Shui, should I
A) Just place, let's say, two rose quartz gem stones in the SW corner of my living room (SW of the appartment, where the yearly Abundance Star for 2007 lies)
B) Put separate activations for the both of these.

The same question goes for cures: It might be needed to cure both 20-year and yearly (or even monthly) negative Stars with 6 rod wind chimes. Can I settle for one or should I use several?

Sakke

Sakari_Turunen #61547 09/18/07 01:23 PM
OP Offline

I put my home layout in simple terms in the web. You can check it out by opening this: Layout.pdf

It's a normal pdf document done in PowerPoint.

As a review, my personal energy number is 2 and my fiancee has number 1.

Posting again,
Sakke

OP Offline

Marie mentioned something on the Stars DVD that if you can't activate a time feng shui "thing" in the proper place relative to the house, you can do it relative to portion of the house -- is it to say, "in a small scale" activate instead of SW quadrant of the house the SW quadrant of the living room or bedroom? I guess this mostly goes for activating good stars that fall in unfortunate places

Love,
Sakke

OP Offline

On one of the DVD's it was mentioned that the cutting energy from an open cabinet is not good in the bedroom.

How is it with bookshelves? Do books in a row in the bookshelf give some sort of cutting energy?

OP Offline

How do I use Feng Shui in the office, where

1) Company A owns the building
2) Company B owns or leases the section in which my office is and
3) then there is me, Company C, paying rent to company B.

A has the front door on ground level, the main door, yet B also has a main door on the second floor and C also has a main door. How should I apply Feng Shui? do I consider all three doors or just my front door and the front door of the building?

Yours,
Sakke

A sketch is below
/ marks a door

I__I/......I......................I
I............I.....a...............I
I....b......I/.....................I
I_______I____ _________I
.................../...............

Last edited by Sakari_Turunen; 09/28/07 11:38 AM.
OP Offline

I was asked to work as a healer in a place that has a 20-year disaster star on their front door. Based on Feng Shui, this doesn't see like a good offer, right?

Sakke

OP Offline

For me it looks even that bamboo leafs are spiky, or how do you determine it?

Sakke

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

When the same activation is called for in Space or multiple Time Feng Shui formats, you can use "one" and activate it for each.

This and more is covered elsewhere in the Forum. Check our the Search function to help supplement your understanding.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Place the books all at the edge of the shelve can asst in clearing most of that.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

It all has an impact. Spend you time and focus on "C."

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sakke,

Perhaps.

IS it going to be your only avenue of revenue, or something you are going to step in and assist at? consider recommending the cure for that sector for them and then go mediate on it.

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

The pen on my desk is pointed too, but not at me. The leaves on some plants may be pointed at the ends, but aren't sword-shaped, pointing at you like those typical of spiky plants such as yucca, cordyline and phormiums.

Much Love,

Shawn

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved