Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6151 06/10/03 12:17 AM
OP Offline

DesertSphinx,

Well, I got the Higher Balance Foundation Set, which includes the Guided Meditation and Dreamscaping CD's. They ask you to go through all 4 discs of the Foundation Set before moving on to the other discs, so you have about 4 hours of the Foundation Set to listen to.

First, let me say that although Eric Pepin might be very knowledgeable, he doesn't really come across that way (in my opinion).
A time or two he sounded borderline arrogant. And I have to say that there were times where I had to force myself to stay awake listening to him.

Anyway, I finished the Foundation Set and listened to the Dreamscaping CD. An overall interesting experience. On the downside, you have to listen to Eric Pepin count you down from 10 to 1. He asks you to follow his voice, which wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't find it so annoying. Or rather his constant, "Down, down, down....Deeper, deeper, deeper" that made me want to tell him to drink a nice warm glass of shut-the-heck-up. On the plus side, the images I had for the first session were pretty interesting, so I'll see where it leads.

For the Guided Meditation CD, he has you touching and focusing on 3 main chakra points. There's also a binaural track after the main meditation session, but I didn't have time to get into it yet.

Overall, unless something drastically changes, I think I'll probably end up chalking this up to a loss, and it certainly is NOT going to sway me from using Holosync. I ordered 3 deeper levels today even though I have a way to go before completing AP.

As a sidenote, the guy I talked to on the phone from Higher Balance, Jason D. (I noticed after I got the set and my invoice) happens to be one of the people that have testimonial-type quotes on the website. Now if an employee making these kinds of claims on the site isn't biased, I don't know what is.

Thanks Solarimus for posting your updates. Yes, their site is very interesting and especially their lifetime money back warranty (I hope so) sound promising but as you described that sometimes it gets annoying. I was curious to find out if anyone used it. Your testimony is certainly helpful and I look forward to reading more. In the end, if you don't think it's worth it, you can surely return the set and get your money back, you'd lose those few bucks for shipping and handling.
I found from one of the posts about a Centerpointe forum (don't know who's running since Centerpointe discontinued using that as I know). There also I found some pros and cons about Higher Balance and a lot of informative info about different methods. You can check them out.
The following is about higher balance: http://pub28.ezboard.com/fcenterpointefrm10.showMessage?topicID=567.topic

The forum location: http://pub28.ezboard.com/bcenterpointe

Definitely putting a testimony from an employee is weird and annoying, anyone with a common sense would not do that. There is a fuzziness going on with that company. But I'm still interested to find out more about your experience with Dreamscaping CD.

My Natural Brilliance CD should arrive this week, I'll see what's going on with that cd.

You'll get quick results with Holosync but Higher Balance usually requires at least 3 or 4 months of daily listening. Higher Balance uses some traditonal techniques working on the three major chakras with the goal of opening those chakra centers and developing your sixth sense. It does require commitment if that is your goal.

I agree, listening to Eric Pepin can be a real drag. The most important points are in the last 1 or 2 CDs of his talk. Without it you may not know what you are doing. All the meditation tracks do have the binaural beat patterns. The second track is used when you have the instructions down and don't need to listen to the guide.

It's more of an active meditation than the passive Holosync tracks where you can just doze off but you can't really do that when you're following instructions and moving your fingers.

shr33m

OP Offline

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your thoughts, and I'll definitely go to the Centerpointe Forum, Sphinx. No such thing as too much information.

I admit that I'm probably not giving Higher Balance much of a chance in this first report, because it is a little soon, it's just that so far it isn't overall as good as I thought it would be. I do understand that it will take time working with the Guided Meditation to achieve good results, which I don't mind doing.

The Dreamscaping CD is interesting once you get past the initial "disturbance" of listening to Eric Pepin count you down. They suggest not having anything in particular in mind for your first 6-8 sessions, then spending a few minutes prior to your next sessions for any particular situations you might want to work on.

At first I wasn't getting any images, but then they started to come pretty quickly. A lot of flying to different places was involved, and this was all done very quickly. We're talking Matrix-type things. At certain points I think I didn't let go enough and try to force some things, so there were a couple times where the transition wasn't as smooth. But it just might turn out that the Dreamscaping CD will make this set enjoyable, even if I don't go anywhere with the rest of it. After more use, I'll give you more of an update.

Solarimus:

You indicated that you were flying around to a lot of different places. Wasn't that kinda scary???

OP Offline

3D,

Actually, it was pretty cool overall. I wasn't asleep, so I was aware that these were just images, and things were happening at an accelerated rate for a lot of it. If you've seen "Angel" or any of those other shows that at one point or another show trick photography with people and vehicles moving rapidly through a big city, that's the kind of scene I mean. I haven't used it since the first time, so I'll have to do that again soon and see what happens.

Solarimus:

I received my CD's from Higher Balance a couple of days ago. Just completed disc 2 of the foundation set. I just wanted to know what it was like. I have a very busy daily schedule so, eventually I'll complete the remaining 2 cd's. Keep me updated with your experiences. Thanks. 3D

"Definitely putting a testimony from an employee is weird and annoying, anyone with a common sense would not do that. There is a fuzziness going on with that company."

Solarimus, I should warn you... : )

If you call us, we love to share our personal success stories with customers...and they usally love to hear it! I haven't looked at the site you mention, but I'd rather hear from someone who uses the program because they found it works for them.

Good luck with your course!

OP Offline

Thanks, Sandy. I think an employee should be able to support the product he or she is selling, so I don't see a problem with that. I'm sure customers do love hearing what you folks at LSC have to say about your products. In person, over the phone, or through e-mail is one thing, though, and slapping a testimonial on the website from an employee is another story, in my opinion.

I do understand what you're saying. I just found it rather odd that Higher Balance chose to use Jason D., one of their employees, for a testimonial on their site. It doesn't necessarily hurt them from the standpoint of, if their product is good then it's good; but I think that type of thing is going to make some people take pause.

I appreciate your comments, Sandy. In the future I'll try to vanilla down some of the negative comments, because I've been that way far too long. I want to make that kind of thing in my life a thing of the past

[This message has been edited by Solarimus (edited June 11, 2003).]

Question:

Does the Higher Balance Institute know about the neurology of charkra points? These things aren't in the body, or in the "energetic body." Rather, they are in the somatic-sensory humunculos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved