Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#62921 11/17/07 04:51 PM
OP Offline

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can explain to me how to do with the Ideal Weight cd paraliminal when you don't know exactly how much you weight and you don't want to weigh yourself ?

I mean, at the beginning of the cd, it is ask few questions. The second one is to establish your goal (1 % of your current weight) to lose weight. But what If I don't know how much I weigh and I don't want at all to weigh myself... make me kinda crazy when I do it... What can I say (put my intention to) instead ???

Hope my english is understandable

thanks

Isabelle

OP Offline

Please, can someone from the company help me !

thanks
Isabelle

Isabelle, the problem is that you need to find something that you can measure. How will you know if you have made any changes, if you have no measurements?

I recommend that you find another method of measuring, but NOT losing a clothing size. Make it more like losing a centimeter from around your waist, for example. Or from your hips or arms or whatever your biggest problem area is.

OP Offline

Hello Phoenix,

Thank you for your answer, it's very nice of you to have taken the time to do it... I really appreciate.

It's a way I could do it, you are right.

I thought that maybe if I say something like this (see bellow) before starting also, maybe it could work, what do you think ?

"My goal for this session is to lose 1% of what I weigh right now until I reach my ideal weight of 125 pounds."

Do you think it could work if I do it like this ?

Of course, I will feel it if I lose weight. Firstly, my cloths will be to big for me and I will feel lighter. My skin will be temporarily a little bit too loose... you know.

I just want to be sure that If I say what I just wrote you if the paraliminal will work anyway or not, what do you think ?

Also, I have another question. At the Session B, there is a question that I don't understand in English. The question is: "think of a situation around eating that has been a problem or may be a problem in the near future. How would you like to behave in that situation?"

What exactly is that mean? Can you give me an example of what it could be. Maybe it's my English that need help there ))

thanks
Isabelle

Isabelle, I've used this CD with great results. For me, your second question about the food problem has to do either with foods you can't resist, OR with occasions when you are eating out or with friends and someone insists that you "must" try their chocolate-marshmallow-suger-bomb pie, etc. This time of year, I get that a lot. This part of the CD helps with that.

As for weighing--another non-LSC CD I use suggests not weighing yourself very often at all. In fact, I think that works better. You can tell "if" you are losing just by looking at yourself in the mirror, and by how your clothing fits. Obsessing over what the scales say might be counter-productive, according to that CD (Paul McKenna, "I Can Make You Thin") and the book that comes with it. I think, though, that you'll find that you eat less, feel better, and weigh less almost without effort. That doesn't mean no exercising of course, but it all seems to go so much easier with these CDs.

Plus, I think your other-than-conscious self know what 1% is, even if our conscious self has to get out the scales and the calculator.

Good luck with it!

OP Offline

Hello Jeanne,

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your informations, for my part, I panic if I check what I weigh, so I prefer not to do it.

I did 8 days of ideal weight, I stop for one week, and today, it will be another 8 days but now I did it the way the booklet say to do it... unfortunatly, apparently, I still have difficulties to stop my self from eating when I am anxious or when I feel I miss something, I mean you now like lacking love and I eat instead.

So, I was wondering if it's normal after 8 days that I am not on track yet, I mean without the emotional eating ?

thanks
Isabelle

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:

I still have difficulties to stop my self from eating when I am anxious or when I feel I miss something, I mean you now like lacking love and I eat instead.

I suggest using the Break the Habit Paraliminal to get around that or Anxiety Free Paraliminal. The Ideal weight one will work if you persist however wither of the other two Paraliminals will help you deal with the underlying issues more directly so it can speed up your progress.

Alex

OP Offline

Hello Alex,

thank you for your answer. I started to use Break the habit and today I used Anxiety Free.

I will try to give more time to Ideal Weight.

I want to tell something special that I remark. When I use side A of Ideal Weight, I start to panic and feel more anxious and eat more... I have no conntrol over my eating. When I use side B, I am calm for 1 or 2 days, but it start again, I lose what the side B seems to help me.

Could I listen to side B of Ideal Weight everyday ?

Also, is it possible that side A make me feel panic because it is concentrate on the amount of weight I have and the amount I want to lose.

I have to tell something here. I gain the weight in 2 months after sexual abuse (rape). So, I think that maybe that's why I panic when I listen to side A, maybe there is a part of me that do not want to lose weight since I feel that If I have less weight, there is a danger again of sexual abuse.

I tried new history generator, but it make me suffer a lot (too difficult to concentrate myself on the sexual abuse history (that come also from childhood).

Anyway, maybe I should not push myself to lose weight intentionally and just listen side B more often ???

Your help will be greatly appreciate here.

I use also holosync but it's too heavy for me, I cannot use it everyday, there is too much stuff that is coming from my subconscient and too much nightmare.

anyway, hope you understood my english

Isabelle

Isabelle, I wonder if you might be on to something, regarding the fear that looking attractive might bring on another such awful incident. Are you in counseling for this? This might be one of those times when a professional might be of help.

So very sorry this had to happen to you.

Jeanne

OP Offline

Hi Jeanne,

I saw professional counseling for this.

I know since many years that there is a part of me that keep this weight to protect myself, but I thought that the paraliminal could do the job. Maybe I just don't have the right way to do it. I have bougth the paraliminal accelerator (that is on the way) + the 4 last paraliminals... so, maybe I will understand more how to do it.

But meanwhile, I would really appreciate to receive an answer from the company if I can listen to the B side of Ideal Weight every day or it's better not to do it.

Hope you are doing fine Jeanne...

thank you for everything, really !
Isabelle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved