Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#63695 12/29/07 04:10 AM
Grace Offline OP
OP Offline

Although I just signed in I am not really new to this forum for I have been “reading” you wonderful people for sometimes now and have benefited a lot from your insights in my own self-improvement endeavors – a BIG thank you to you all!

It’s this time of the year that prompted me to get in and begin New Year afresh and hopefully inspire you to do the same – believe it or not I have never actually set down to make new-year-resolutions, mostly because of the negativity people attach to them (i.e. they don’t last) but I wanted to challenge myself this time, applying the wisdom I learned mostly from Holosync, Sedona Method, and some of my favorite Paraliminals.

I will be “creating” my resolution(s) in the next couple of days and will share them with you. Looking forward to your comments.

Peace and Blessings,
Grace

p.s. Regarding the three techniques I chose to list above, I can really only claim that I am committed to Holosync (currently in the middle of the Awakening Level 4) and some Paraliminals (New Behaviour Generator and Anxiety Free). I find the Sedona Method fascinating (intellectually) and kind of working on small issues but not so on a deeper level (could be the lack of commitment on my side or the fact that I always tried it when I was in some kind of rush). Doesn’t that make me a beginner??? Hm

Hi Grace!

How wonderful that you are busy setting your intentions for 2008! I am in the middle of the same thing myself! What I did first (and I find this a very powerful tool) is make my list of 100 Successes in 2007. It is a huge motivator, a physical reminder to look at later when you feel like things aren't going at the pace you'd hoped, and for me it brings up incredible feelings of gratitude. It was another reminder of how much I love my life!

I began Holosync, and I found that it wasn't for me. I actually purchased it because I loved the Paraliminals so much I wanted to see what it was like. Personally, I prefer the Paras. Hale is funny, and if you've ever heard him speak, his laugh is a powerful healing tool, and very infectious! I worked with the process for awhile and I believe that it was a stepping stone, but also not the one for me. I believe that as I continue on this journey I will revisit it, as I know with an expanded awareness I might find it a stronger tool.

Have a beautiful New Year!

~Crystal*

Hale Dwoskin runs the Sedona method, Bill Harris runs Centerpointe, which is the creator of Holosync. Maybe you are confusing things.

Grace Offline OP
OP Offline

I don’t think so uniquesoul. Bill has been “billing” me since 2004 so I must have noticed his name . As for Hale, I just assumed (while reading your posts for long time) that you guys know all details – my point was that I (personally) am the most impressed by those three gurus so I listed their programs (actually, I mentioned only two of the Paraliminals I own).

Crystal, THANKS! for the sparkle – that is so true. I actually stayed late last night brainstorming the reasons for my gratitude and I even used a little trick that I learned from my eight-year-old daughter – it made my gratitude (the feeling part) so intense. Here is the trick:

The “Paint” program that comes with “Accessories” in your computer, well she used to play with that program, making all kinds of fun drawings, including cut and paste parts of her pictures with her friends (silly pictures from her birthday parties) and then make unique combinations. Well, being on he self-improvement journey, I couldn’t help but wonder if that can be used somehow to impress subconscious mind with a particular image ha.

So yes, my gratitude was just overwhelming last night as I was playing with it (and listening Kelly Howell’s Stress Free Forever ) I created one “Paint” page with our (happy) pictures taken on different occasions during the past year (I mean this year, it’s still 2007). Anyway, I intended to include some affirmations with it but it was really unnecessary for the pictures spoke so loudly. After experiencing that, I thought I should “manufacture” one picture with me alone, that kind of touches on some of my personal issues. It’s easy for me to feel grateful for my family for I AM really pleased with what I have, although working-mom guilt creeps in from time to time pretty strongly. I guess it would be harder with other issues but worth trying nonetheless.

So yes, you are right – let’s give this year our gratitude first (after all, we did call it New Year last year at about this time) and then move on into 2008 with rosy glasses on – and let us make sure we have those little pads handy to clean the lenses regularly so that our vision remains clear.

Peace and Blessings ,
Grace

Grace Offline OP
OP Offline

OK, so while brainstorming I realized that I have too many (competing) resolutions to tackle this year and that it takes time (and guts) to commit/express yourself on the paper . But to start the discussion, here is one burning, realistic, and (according to me ) attainable goal, to which I have assigned a reasonable time frame.

The Goal is ==> To improve my confidence with public speaking by 50 percent from where I am now by June 2008, and to reach what is usually considered the natural level of confidence by December 2008.

What tools/techniques will I use to keep me focused on my goal? First, I will (consciously) choose to completely ignore/delete if impossible to ignore any event in which I might witness an example of poor public speaking performance and to observe/study exclusively public speakers who perform well, with minimum (visible) signs of anxiety. Second, I will begin listening the Talking to Win CD on daily basis, for 21 days (if I skip a day, I will start over until I make it 21 days) as soon as I find a suitable role model that clicks in for me. Third, I will not only stop avoiding situations in which I might be called on to say a few words, but I will actually actively seek opportunities to test my newly-developed strengths. Finally, I will use the feedbacks to either reinforce or remodel my act with the Talking to Win CD. How is that???

I also want to attain a healthier (stress-and-other-wise) daily routine that preserves my mental and physical vitality throughout the day so that I can “produce” more. Of course I want to invite more financial prosperity so that I can afford the little (material) joys easily and can donate to the less-fortunate ones without feeling afraid what will happen to my bills tomorrow. Finally, I want to have only positive people as close friends or at least stay away from negative people’s influence. I will phrase these after I hear from you.

Grace

Thank you for sharing your goals for 2008. I think you have done a great job since you kept things simple. I think you can only actively pursue 2-3 goals at the time, but the others can still be formulated and concentrated upon since they will probably manifest themselves.

For the first goal, maybe you need to be more flexible about which Paraliminal to use, if you have a wide choice about them.

For the second goal, you have not designed a detailed path for success as you have done with the first one.

While I meditate with Holosync, I release according to the Sedona method in a basic way. I release on the same issues 10-20 times as they bother me a lot and I cannot get rid of them easily.

Take a look at the posting by Scooter about the new book by James Hardt. It's probably worthwhile getting it, if you have the money.

Grace Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks uniquesoul I am going to work on this more but I have a sense that this one goal that I took time to focus on is really my “pencil stuck in a fan” and if I could only work on that goal, lots of other issues will just fall off as they feed on that fear from public speaking. One thing I know — it’s about me (and not the circumstances), which makes choosing Paraliminals somewhat clearer. I do plan on ordering a few new ones (like you deserve it and the one about LOA) but I didn’t have guts to (really) apply the Talking to Win CD so that’s why my proposed plan revolves around that particular CD (I am kind of daring myself ).

Regarding your “releasing” I truly believe it works (and is a great supplement to both Holosync and Paraliminals) but for some reason I haven’t been able to apply it (seriously) so that I could actually see/sense the results. It was more of a series of experiments (as I read the chapters) thinking this is good stuff, I will come back to it but never really did, except in a rush but then again wondered if I did it right for I guess I was expecting some “obvious sign of release” like some tension melting away or something similar … and now when I hear you say you release 10-20 times on a single issue, I just gasp in admiration .

I did find an email in my mailbox tonight announcing the Art of Smart Thinking book. I will probably order it (sometimes in the future) but not now for several reasons, money being the No 1. Thanks for your comments and please do post more details on how you “experience” the very act of releasing. You seem to know how to do it and I think knowing it for many of us here would make our Paraliminals so much more effective.

Hopeful Grace

Good to hear you are making progress. We all have fears (they are not logical, but they are there unfortunately from hurts of the past), so we try something to see if it works for us.

If you check on Bill's recent blog on money and success, you can find useful suggestions about how to overcome difficulties. Again it is free and you can even download the spoken version of it to play it at your own lesure.

I am sure 2008 will be a memorable year of great progress for you!

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 01/25/08 11:54 AM.

hi all,

Grace, thanks for posting this as it helps me get a bit more focused. I think my biggest issue is healthy boundaries and communication. That is a prominant issue for me that needs attention. Also cleaning out the clutter in my house and my clothes closet also. To lose weight and be more fit. And getting my finances in order and also fulfilling work. So that is a plateful for me!

I am involved in a new group that is doing a vision board today, but if I can't make it there, I will do one at home...

Good luck to all,
scooter~*

Grace, great post! I always like this time of year--it's a time of renewal and rebirth, if we give it a chance. One of the things I think makes all of this more difficult is... (drumroll please) ...

RESOLUTIONS!

At least, in the usual sense of the word. We get caught up in all those "shoulds" and "gottas" and don't pay enough attention to what in life we actually WANT (as opposed to those things we think we "should" want).

Usually, I don't do resolutions for that reason. This year, though, I figure, why not, but do it with a new twist. So I'm working on it by asking myself: if I could have ANYthing I wanted or do ANYthing I wanted with nothing (lack of money, education, etc.) to stop me, what would the top three be? They would have to be three things I really, really wanted to do, have, or be. Hmmmm.

So my resolution, such as it is, will be to pursue as many of those three (or more!) things as I desire, and to remove "should" and "have to" from the agenda. And, I have a toolbox full of useful tools to help: all the paras, etc., and a few other items from other than LSC.

Which one will I start with? The one that looks like the most fun, which is usually the one that stands out from the pack.

So, this is me: ....grinning my way into 2008!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Jeanne

(Edited to correct a typo)

Last edited by Jeanne; 12/30/07 04:33 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved