Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Alpha_AI ,
you've been misguided by the nasa..

the first and foremost question i have is this,
1.Why in the world a space research org wants to create a report on something inventive as Photoreading..
its kinda like asking a astronaut to perform a critical surgery..
i guess NASA is at it again,,it managed to create a big hoax abt space travel those days,
since they're unable to do anything useful on the space department,,guess they've developed a bad hobby? eh? instead of finding Aliens and stars,they're trying to create a hoax..
i for one had many amazing experiences with photoreading..now the nasa can't say that my experiences were wrong now can they??

look the bottom line is that you're going to have to prove it to your self..

and remember "Whether you think you can, or think you can't either way you're right"

Does PR work?
I think I got an answer to this Question, I just saw the report and I would say that reading speed is actually about the speed information input into the brain and process as well, so for normal reading, information is inputing and PROCESS at a rate of 7 +/-2 bit/ sec(conscious, going through primary visual cortex)), and for PR information is going in AND PROCESS in the brain at a rate of 10 million bit/sec(sub-conscious part),
this already answer the Question. So assuming include the actual activation, for normal reading information is inputing at a rate of 7 +/-2 bit/ sec(conscious, going through primary visual cortex)), but now, for PR, instead of information inputing, there are information Outputting at the same time(40 bit/sec I think), because the brain got the whole book already. So this kind of experiment already invalid, firstly, one is inputing and one is outputting.... secondly, reading speed is actually about the speed information input into the brain and process.

So, if you need to good experiment, you should be finding the part of brain where its show most active, and not how fast you read.

Vincent,
i am willing to try the Experiment that you suggested "you should be finding the part of brain where its show most active,"
What does that mean? How do i do that?? have you found the part of the brain thats Most Active??
Ironically,thats what they teach in Photo reading; to find the Part of the brain thats more Active (Other than Conscious)..
i am pretty sure you haven't tried Photo reading;'cause if you did you wouldn't be talking like this...

Last edited by karthik; 01/19/08 07:49 AM.
Learning Strategies Admin

NASA didn't do the research they funded a grant. The researcher is the trainee. Both investigating and observing the experience.

Since there is only one subject it's not even research it's a case study at best.

The report indicates that the reseacher is trying to prove that no one can read at 25,000 wpm ... well that has long ago been proven anything above 800 wpm is deemed skimming not reading.

We teach you to photoread at 25,000 words a minute. That is not reading. Also, you will note that the PhotoReading instructor scored similar results in both test. That is hardly surprising, because once you learn PhotoReading your approach to reading changes. The second thing to note is that the instructor did not wish to participate in all the test. This would have thrown the paper or research out. However, because NASA funded the fellowship paper. They had to publish it.

PhotoReading has been around since May 1986. That was when the Department of education in Minnesota, granted Learning Strategies the licence to teach PhotoReading. This licence was only granted group was investigated by someone qualified to determine if it is a legitimate reading system. The Minnesota Department of education did not have someone in the State qualified to do that. So they call someone in from another state. The person review in the PhotoReading course said it was a shame there is no way to promote it with out, it seeming far-fetched because it is an excellent approach to reading.

I invite you to watch the video called Amaze Me. You can view it on-line, or get the free PhotoReading CD. You might be interested to note that the news presenter questioned a professor at the University of Minnesota about PhotoReading. He was one of the people who designed the Nelson Denby reading test. After that interview, he met Paul Scheele and has contributed to some of the techniques that are taught in the PhotoReading system.

In effect nearly every one who learns to PhotoReading system is the researcher and trainee. Like the one who wrote the NASA report.

The PhotoReading course comes with a 30 day moneyback satisfaction guarantee. If you would like to extend our guarantee period to up to six months. You are welcome to contact us during the first 30 days, and request an extension of the time period that you would like to try it in.

AlexK

"PhotoReading and normal reading require a similar amount of time to complete"

To conclude the study, McNamara noted that, "In terms of words per minute (wpm) spent reading, there was no difference between normal reading (M = 114 wpm) and PhotoReading (M=112 wpm)" (10). So why is it that so many people tout photoreading? In her conclusion, McNamara states that, "One aspect of the PhotoReading technique is that it leaves the reader with a false sense of confidence."

I got this off wikipedia.. Now I'm having doubts because why would this person lie. Also I read the report, makes me even more sad.

Read the full report its 28 pages.

You'll notice the that she created the experiment, she controlled the time. She didn't say whether they both did the test at the same time or not. So either way there was a lot left out of the paper that needed further explaining. The PhotoReading instructor refused to do part of the test.

Learning Strategies was never informed of the report and when we first heard about it none of the PhotoReading instructors came forward to say they were the other participant. So we don't know if the instructor knew they were part of a case study. It's not research.

To qualify as research the researcher must be an observer not participant to rule out conflict of interest. Research must also have enough subjects testing. It could be a case study however it has to be considered inconclusive because the subject was the researcher and there could be a conflict of interest.

And if you time my wpm score it's about 600 that's not superfast. What is fast is the using the SYSTEM and the system works best with multiple articles or books not 500 word comprehension test. That's all she has proven.

Alex

Thanks a lot alex. The report is most likely biased. But even if i am sad or have doubts of photoreading, i will continue to do it. I believe it works.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved