Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline

Hi All!
I just finished reading Marci and Carol's book - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm crusing through the website because it says at the end to go to Marci's webpage for support groups near you. So I was just curious if anyone out there has found their own Happy For No Reason Support Group?
Let me know! Thanks!

I just finished it today and am going to be starting a discussion group on my website (aslo brand-spanking new.) I loved this book and think that it's about time there were tools to apply all of the information that's out there. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you're interested in connecting.

Julie

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 03/26/08 03:53 PM.

Hi, I just finished the book also and was looking for the support groups as well. I don't see where they are listed. Maybe we can start one?

Karen

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Feel free to use this forum as a support group. It is a great way to connect with others virtually and could lead to telephone sessions as well as local in-person sessions. Have fun!

Wow, a support forum to get and stay happy. I live out in the boonies and don't ever expect to have a support group in anything. This would be wonderful to be able to interact as we step through this wonderful program. This is one of the most profoundly effective 'action plans' to happiness that I have read. I'm my usual negative self still to a large degree -- but working on it and see there is truly a WAY to work on it. As I was listening to the action plan I realized that I was one of those kids raised in an environment where it was a negative thing to be happy -- "what are you smiling about?" was a common thing to hear. Like it was a 'bad' thing to be happy. Have any of you had a childhood like that? I know I was loved; but, there were serious limits as to their ability to raise a child in a healthy happy environment just for the sake of doing that! But, not to dwell on that -- on to solution, heh?

So I have a lot of work to do. I'm willing to do it though because of the great effect it has on me and my disposition. I fall back into the old behavior but it pops into my mind that I HAVE A CHOICE. I've never been effected by anything so much. And, I've read everything that has come out and gone through therapy for decades! This feels like it might have some good return on the investment.

Thanks and I look forward to talking and interacting with lots of you.

m

IF ANYONE IS READING THIS AND NEEDS SOMEONE TO WORK WITH TO ACTUALLY INTERACT AND START THE PROCESS TO FIND HAPPINESS - I'M READY TO DO THAT!!

I've just posted that I would love to participate in a support group. Would love to hear from you.

I noticed that all of the posts are very recent; so, I'm hoping we are all fresh from reading "Happy.." and are going to be

Excited to take the steps toward happiness...

Last edited by takinitslo; 03/04/08 02:21 PM.

Hello, dear Readers,

I visited the Tele- Seminar calls about "Happy for nor Reason", but what shoud be the fourth Tele- seminar is still the Third session I think.
I finished the book a few weeks ago.

I am from Munich Germany and here I have no chance to make a "Group", because the book is so new and only in English and not much friends understan enough English.

Yes, would be nice to support each other a little bit!

For example, the body- part of the book... In Germnay they measure the "Happy- Hormones" like Serotonin etc with a Urin- Analyse. The have no modern way to find out, if you have a lack.

So I started wiss "Schüssler Salze", bio-chemical salts, similar to Homöopathie. I found a good book in Germna, made self- test... AND found 4 salts that should make a more stabil mood and help me to get up better in the morning out of bed. I took them the second week now and I have the feeling it helpes a little bit already. Normaly you should take them as cure for a longer time.

So, here in the Forum are only a few people?!

Let us see how we could make here a Group?

Much kind regards from Munich, Germany

Carola

Last edited by CABA; 03/05/08 02:04 PM.

Great to hear from you. Sounds like you are on the path I am on. I went to the health food stored and got 5-HTP. Started 50 mg, felt immediate energy; but, a little jittery (nervous); so if that continues, I'm going to try tryptophan. I got the book Mood Cures that really helped with all this. Marci Shimoff recommends that in Happy book. She has a website to order this stuff too. moodcures.com

Look forward to hearing how you do in Germany with this. I bet the book will soon be available in all languages!

Hi Folks,

Takinitslo, it's great that you are so eager, and recognize that change is all a choice. My DBF was raised in a very abusive environment, and what makes it worse is that he was adopted into it. He could have had any type of parents, and somehow he got these. He's got a beautiful soul, and so much creativity and talent, and it gets easily hidden under junk that he carries around. Also has had therapy and has self-medicated with alcohol. Now he's getting to the point that he wants to take control back. And merely the thought of "It's all a choice" can be very empowering.

I'm still not finished my book, but I might just have to buy another copy so he can get on with it. I think if anyone can have an impact, it's Marci Shimoff, and her exercises are so wonderful. They just fill me up with warmth and sometimes a rush of happiness that's so powerful it brings me to tears. Good tears, of course, it's just that overwhelmed feeling of a feeling so big, you know?

I definitely have work to do myself, but I think I'm well on my way. My mum is a huge happiness inspiration. I'm very grateful to her.

I'd love to hear more about your journey as you grow. I'd like to share mine as well, and maybe keep people up to date on my sweetie, if he is ready to partake (or I'll just direct him here). I'm going to make sure I read a bit of it tonight to get back in touch. I'm starting a business, and most of my reading energy has been going to that sort of reading... business and technical... yuck! I want Happy for No Reason!

Anyhow, keep it up!

Becky

Hey everyone, I am so glad to see that Marci has created this space for people to connect to others who have read the book, Happy for No Reason and people who are interested in happiness. I think having the chance to connect to other people who share the same goals and understand the principles is vital. I have three books on happiness sitting right beside me and Marci's is the most comprehensive best resource I have seen! I read the book in January and I actually emailed Marci suggesting the possibility of a forum that would be a place for people to connect. Since that time, I have had such phenomenal success in my life that this is the first time I have been back to the website and I was so thrilled to see that the discussion space was here! I have also been using many other resources related to the Law of attraction and personal growth and development. I am happier than I have ever been. But I do want the opportunity to connect to other like minded individuals. My friends and family are not interested. It has been my own greatest wish to connect to others who do share my interest in happiness and optimism. So I am interested in participating in a group here on the forum. Count me in! I think we all will enjoy even greater happiness and success when we surround ourselves with other people who are positive and happy!

Kelley

I'm going to go back and review the first exercise and, if anyone is interested, we can start there????

I think that would be a great place to start. I wonder if maybe you should start a new thread for each chapter or exercise? Might keep things a bit more tidy?

That sounds great. According to the HFNR Workbook, the first exercise is Focus on Solutions. So I will start a new thread, call it HFNR-1, reproduce there and we can begin sharing?

Hi, I started a new thread called HFNR - 1 Focus on Solution to begin reading about and talking about this first exercise. Please join us.

Hi Boxrox,

I started our first exercise as a new thread called HFNR - 1 Focus on Solution. I figure we can keep it going as a thread and those that want to share and give feedback can do so. then we will try that again with the rest of the exercises . Hope you will particpate.

hello all - read the book a month or so ago and just finished listening to the audiobook - it was so inspiring!! I live in the USA in Connecticut, and don't think there are any groups formed here yet - but love the idea of starting one here online!

Hello everyone. I just finished the book (is there a workbook too?). This has been a rocky year for me so far, with many more changes coming up. Although I consider myself to be quite positive and happy, the recent issues seem to be turning that around in a negative way. I live in the country, so commuting to a support is a bit of a challenge, particularly with the price of fuel! I would love to participate online (not sure the best way to do this). I plan to put a "blame/complain" money jar in my kitchen...should be able to save up for a trip in no time, ha ha.

Learning Strategies Admin

Meanwhile I suggest you put out there how you would like the support group online to work.

Suggestions?

What do you think you can offer others.

What can others offer you in the way of support?

Which of the processes are you using and which one would you like help with?

AlexK

Thanks Alex. I figured out what "thread" meant in one of the previous posts and some of the other members already have a great process in place. What can others offer? Support. What can I offer? Support. I'm on a mission to be happy for no reason in ALL areas of my life.

That's interesting but just what is support. I think it means different things to everyone. \:\)

Alex

hi there beautiful people \:\)
i just finished reading happy for no reason and i am re reading it now \:\) it is one of the greatest books i ever read
i feel i am much happier form the moment i read the title \:\)
i will like to talk about it so be free to write

Hi Sumaya. What part of the book resonated with you most?

AlexK

hi there Alex \:\)
i really liked the book so much .. i am still carrying it around and re reading it \:\) i have a new best friend .. the most important thing in life is to be happy .. it seems all we did before is run after goals .. try to catch a little of happiness .. didn't realize before that you can be happy for no reason at all .. after i read this book i felt that finally i have the missing link and suddenly everything makes since to me .. today i was thinking about a problem i am facing these days .. and i swear i heard a whisper from within saying focus on the solution .. and the solution was don't think so much just enjoy the moment \:\) suddenly i realized how beautiful the sky was .. and all i could hear is my own heart pounding .. and i never felt happier \:\) we will talk more c u

I love this.

Quote:
don't think so much just enjoy the moment
It's true that the problem may not really be a problem in the moment. But rather a perceived problem that is robbing us of the moment.

I just had a "problem" on my private forum it was robbing me of my happiness until I made the conscious decision just to leave it. In reality it's not even my problem but someone else's perception I was having a problem with. To me it just highlights how much more happiness there is when we "don't think so much just enjoy the moment."

AlexK

i am deeply in love with a man lets call him moe .. in the part of the world that i am living in .. marriges are usually arranged throught the family .. they are not (forced) .. but (arranged) .. now i have some guy who i don't know coming to engage me through his family .. everyone is telling me that he is my perfect match .. this is really driving me crazy ..until i realized that moe love is in my heart .. no one can take it away from me no matter what .. i believe in God .. i believe in love .. there are many lessons i can learn form my stituation .. but right now all i have to do is wait and see .. and enjoy the moment \:\)

i think that the best solution for me right now is to let go .. and find a new goal in my life .. it is the best time to practice happy for no reason and build a strong foundation for it .. plus i updated my weight loss plan because i need more time for myself away from everyone and everything ..

What part of the book are you electing to work with over the next couple of days, Sumaya?

AlexK

i can not specify now .. but there are two things i want to work on: parcticing letting go of my fears and the need to be right, and trusting the universe more .. i am trying to question my thoughts .. whenever something like i will be married to a guy that i don't love comes up .. i say maybe lets see what will happen .. i let go of the thought and enjoy whatever i am doing at the moment .. wish me luck \:\) .. any advice ?

Pages 95 - 106 There are two exercises in those pages that might help you go deeper with questioning the thoughts and Letting Go.

Try letting go of happy thoughts and see what happens ;\)

AlexK

Hello,

I'm interested in joining a support group. Did you set one up? I see this post is a couple of months old. It took me awhile to finish reading my book since I wanted to absorb everything. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jill

Hi,
Most definatly.
I just finished the book and have begun my new journey of myself.
Let me know what, when where and how.
Look forward to connecting in H4NR.
I have too many Happy Vampires that I almost got sucked under, sucked, I inadvertently did a pun.
Thanks again.
Geno

GenoCrzer
blues4soul@hotmail.com

Hi everyone. I am trying to learn how this works. I am looking for other people in Sarasota, Florida that would like to start a group based on Happy for No Reason. help is appreciated.

i just finished happy for no reason and i am ready lift and inspire someone what a great book count me in on your website

Hi. I just finished reading Happy For No Reason and decided to check out the web for more information. The book was truly inspirational but more than anything I enjoyed the practical suggestions. The book offered many of the "how to" ideas needed to find inner peace. It is amazing how all humans want to be loved. All of us want inner peace and happiness. I am trying to apply the steps throughout my day. My theme for today is "Dancing Trees" and everywhere I go and see the trees dancing in the breeze I remember just how much I have to thank God for. I see some of my crabby co-workers who previously annoyed me as persons with signs around their neck "Make Me Feel Important" and I do try. they feel good and it is amazing how they respond with love and in some cases SHOCK! Their crabbiness drops and they start to smile. Those who dont I walk with a mental screen around so that I dont get drained by any negative energy. Love your neighbous as you love yourself. Today I spent time telling me all the things that I admire and am proud of. It is false humilty to act as if loving oneself is pride. We need to love ourselves first.

Dear oats,

I am a reader of the book in China and I noticed you are the latest respondent here and would like to establish a contact with you to share the growth. I like what you put in the post very much and share with you totally.

Wish to make friends with all of you who share the benefits of HAPPY FOR NO REASON.
audrey li

Hi to everyone who has read "Happy for No Reason" or may consider reading it.....

I scanned through "Happy" in about a three-day period. I will be going over it again more into depth and doing all the exercises that Marci and Carol have in the book. Since I love to be pushed and enjoy a challenge, I'm very confident that some of these exercises will push me greatly.

I am also looking to create a new "Happy" group here or be part of one that has already been created. I like the part in the book where Marci was part of two groups which met on a regular basis. That is what I seek, locally, or in other ways. I would not mind being part of a group online that met regularly that shared victories, challenges, and such for the week as well. Even if I end up posting them through another forum or something along those lines.

Even before reading "Happy", I was already doing some things for motivation purposes. Like this one sticker from Eleanor Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's wife. It reads: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Just having "Happy" as additional motivation to all motivational stuff in my apartment, my future will an extremely bright one. Don't ask me how I know - I just know. I don't know when it will happen, how it will happen, etc. However, it will be unlike anything I have seen so far in my life. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Scott

"'Happy for No Reason' will prove to be a 'difference maker' in my life"

I recently purchased and listened to the Happy For No Reason CD, and would like to connect with others who share my interest in this and similar programs. Marci mentioned the importance of developing a support group or system to enhance the process, and I would love to join such a group. Is anyone out there hosting a telephone support group?

Originally Posted By: Jordan
I recently purchased and listened to the Happy For No Reason CD, and would like to connect with others who share my interest in this and similar programs. Marci mentioned the importance of developing a support group or system to enhance the process, and I would love to join such a group. Is anyone out there hosting a telephone support group?

Hi Jordan... I do not know if there's anyone doing a telephone support group or not. I would be interested in a telephone support group, if that was possible. If not, that's ok. I'll do this or perhaps do an instant messenger or Skype type of thing.

"'Happy for No Reason' will prove to be a 'difference maker' in my life"
Newlife
Unregistered
Newlife
Unregistered

Hello Everyone

I have just finished reading "Happy for No Reason". Such an inspriational and practical book I have never come across, even though I have read quite a number of personal development books. \:\)

I live in Coffs Harbour, Austrlia, and would dearly love to be part of a support group. My friends and relatives are not interested. I am sure that those of us on quest to be Happy for No Reason could be very supportive towards each other.

I will be dowloading the H4NR workbook tomorrow and would be very grateful to know if anone has only just started on the workbok. It seems to me that quite a few of you may be further along the road than I am at this stage.

A telephone support group may prove qa little difficult for me, due to the time differences, unless any members of this online forum are from Australia.

I will contribute more to this forum after I have got the workbook and started on it.

Aina

I live in Brisbane so I am in the same time zone at the moment.

I am in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I just finished the book and would be happy to share in a support group with you even though I am across the Peninsula.

Sumaya. . .I love & admire your courage & determination to seek & be happy & at Peace. And with your outlook I see your belief in "The Universe is out to Support you" \:\) You are a beautiful example to us, thank you. With such direction in your heart & mind . . . no matter who marries you . . . he will be a lucky man.
Namaste,
Shantina

Hi Everyone, Like Jill. . . I too like the idea of joining a support Group. An on-line one particularly, for me, due to living circumstances. but sadly I don't know how to set up a chat forum, or web page threads or any of that computer setup stuff, I'm only just able to find my own way around here. Or do we just . . . continue on here? And state a regular time frame that we"d like to contribute? love to hear some proactive ideas from anyone \:\) Shantina

Hello, I am brand new to this forum (still need to write my Introduction). I just wanted to say that I would love to join an online support group, if there is a group up and running at this point.

I live in Pennsylvania -- if anyone knows of support groups in the Central PA area, please let me know!

Thanks so much ... I look forward to getting to know you all!

Maureen

Got the Audiobook version I had reserved (for several weeks from my public library), and after buying Lisa Nichols' No matter what, I just bought this one too to send to my sister who have been eluded by happyness for the good reasons of helping her relatives, while I was internally lamenting for not having the means to meet the good reasons to be happy for.

Don't worry, be happy the old say goes!

Checked spelling of the word midst(english is my 3rd language) and got this blog (http://inthemidstofit.blogspot.com/ )

Reasons to be happy, isn't it?

Happy in the midst of garbage collection strike in Toronto!

Vince

Hi Julie,
Have you managed to start up a support group? I just finished reading "Happy for no reason" and was hoping to connect to like minded people that enjoyed the book as much as I did.
It says you reside in S. California and so do I. Please let me know. Thank you.

Hello All,
i've just finished Happy for no Reason. I'm from Kazakhstan...

Hi,
I want to join/start a support group Happy For no Reason. I live in Sylmar, Los Angeles county, CA

Last edited by Marsha82; 04/03/10 07:02 PM.

I don't have a support group, but I'd like to use this forum as one and have this question:
My marriage is very very difficult, and has been for years. We are constantly considering separating. My whole body tenses up when I think about my husband, when I arrive home after being out. (No, he has not physically abused me.) I want to think of a simple message to say, a positive one to "overwrite" the anxious, hurt and angry ones. I feel stupid that I can't think of something. Any ideas?

May I ask why you've chosen to stay in that relationship so long?

Alex

It's been a combination of both choice and inability to choose, if that makes sense(?) Our 10-year-old daughter has had two brain tumors, the first when she was 3, and that has kept us together.
I have a inner voice that likes to confound me!--when I make a decision to stay with Ron, the voice says "You need to be away from him to grow and be yourself." And when I make the decision to leave Ron, the voice says "The work you need to do on yourself is the issue, not the relationship."

My interpretation of your posting is that you need to concentrate on yourself. Your husband is just a catalyst of underlying problems and, since he is always in your life, that stirs the problems up all the time. It's like a yo-yo movement, but you have not been able to start releasing yet so you can start the next stage of your life.

For my personal development path I have used a number of tools, not all from LSC. I do have the Paraliminals, Resiliency, Effortless Success and a few others. I believe you should start with a meditation program first to calm down and relax. I do not have Jeddah's Seed of Enlightment, but I am told it is very good. As a way of rebuilding your life, Effortless Success is very effective. It's a good program.

If you decide to use the Paraliminals, you should also consider buying the Accelerator which allows you to get a lot more out of them.

I hope it helps.

So you want to be more decisive about what makes you happy. Get off the stay or go swing to be happy.

I suggest opening the Happy for No Reason book at random and try the exercise in that section for a few days or a week.

Meanwhile give yourself permission to remain undecided about your relationship. You could leave but you don't leave yourself. First you need to find yourself. The Resiliency course would be another option whether you decide to stay or not.

Alex

Dear Alex and Uniquesoul, thanks for your thoughtful words, and they definitely hit home. My meditation program is that of Eknath Easwaran's, and it is crucial, I agree (it's also hard!). And the idea of giving myself permission not to decide about my marriage is LOVELY, one that I just came to myself, a couple of days ago!
I was talking to my sister and telling her about my wish to have a quick and positive thought to insert over any negative ones that arise about my husband. The information Marci shared in her book about negative thoughts being velcro because of humanity's original tenuous existence led us to a rather humorous thought for me to use: "Ron is not a sabre-toothed tiger!" I'm grateful for this forum and for your insight....

I just finished it today and I loved this book and think that it's about time there were tools to apply all of the information that's out there. Iam going to be starting a discussion group on my website.

The Resiliency course is excellent. I have it and listenedto it several times.

Hey I just finished the book today... Does anyone want to make a support group?? we can use skype or msn!

Hi Melina and others, I also finished reading the book recently and I am willing to join some support group. If some group exists please let me know. Otherwise we can connect over skype. Send me a PM if interested and we can share our skype IDs.

I'm curious if a support group was ever created.

I would be interested, depending on the time and day.

Support groups have come and gone. I suggest PMing the people who have asked to join groups and see if you can create one together.

Alex

hi, count me in.This a great book and a great author. have you heard the author speak live?

Great book. It helped me a lot. Deserves the support.

She provides such an interesting point of view when she talks about the various doorways that lead to the chakras.

Hello, i just finished reading the book and as you all know one advice is to join a support group. I see posts are pretty old, are there any active support groups i can join? Please let me know, i want and need to interact with people from who i can learn and experiment with, especially now when my live takes a turn for the worst.

Thank you and goodluck,
George

Hello George,

We could create a support group here. What support would help you now?

Bonnie

Hi everbody! =)
I finished reading the book and I liked it. I'd like to join in a support group but I notice that the last post here in this forum was in 2013. Is there anybody accessing this forum?
Thanks
Marcela.

Welcome,

Yes I'm around if you have any questions or would like some support. We can get it rolling again if you like.

Alex

Hello everyone!

My name is Kristen and I'm one of Marci's Certified Happy for No Reason Trainers! I see that a lot of the posts on here are old so I'm not sure if any of you all still visit this forum but I just wanted to let you all know that I would love to form a support group for all of the Happy for No Reason readers! This group would be held online, led by me, and would inlcude ongoing teachings/reminders of Happy for No Reason and would be a safe space for us to practice the Happiness Habits together and consistently! Just let me know if you'e interested smile

Originally Posted by kristenr
Hello everyone!

My name is Kristen and I'm one of Marci's Certified Happy for No Reason Trainers! I see that a lot of the posts on here are old so I'm not sure if any of you all still visit this forum but I just wanted to let you all know that I would love to form a support group for all of the Happy for No Reason readers! This group would be held online, led by me, and would inlcude ongoing teachings/reminders of Happy for No Reason and would be a safe space for us to practice the Happiness Habits together and consistently! Just let me know if you'e interested smile

Thanks Kristen, I got an email notification of your message. I would be interested in a Happy for No Reason group. I was certified as a Love Ambassador for Marci in 2010.
Bonnie Best

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved