Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Jason, thank you for this very clear and detailed response.

Here's my take, both on the thread thus far and your response:

a) This is a forum NOT about Holosync, but about Paraliminals.
b) The most important part of Paraliminals (at least for me and I think most people who use them) is NOT the Holosync part, but rather the PARALIMINAL technology. I.e. the two voices, one on each channel, the NLP involved, the intention we set, etc (the Paraliminals worked even BEFORE there was a Holosync track on it! People used them, liked them and continued to purchase them. IMHO, the Holosync track is nice, but it is icing on an already tasty and nourishing cake!).
c) These headphones seem like they WILL help people listen to the Paraliminal sleep track in bed in comfort and in excellent sound quality.
d) Based on what Jason has told us, the issue with below 20 HZ is irrelevant to this discussion board (although I am sure interesting to those very serious Holosync users, which I know we have many here in the LS community)

and therefore...

e) These headphones will probably be useful for those wanting to sleep while listening to Paraliminals with comfort, reduced noise and with at least a fair to good (of not better) degree of efficiency.

Although I have not yet purchased these headphones, I am almost certainly going to: one for me and one for my wife: we have sleeping issues both internally and one with the other. We both like to listen to our iPods to help sleep and for relaxation and these seem like they will do the trick.

In addition, I actually am now using Chunyi Lin's meditations much more than I am using the Paraliminals. With these, the below human hearing thing is a non-issue for me. I do have Holosync up to Awakening level 1 and though I still use it from time to time, it will be rarer as I get deeper and deeper into Spring Forest Qigong. And since as Jason pointed out, if these headphones are not effective with Holosync, it only applies to Awakening Level 4 and above. I most likely will never get there. I am happy where I am as far as Holosync levels.

So I thank Jason and all those who kept this thread alive so I could find these. I will report back after I get them.

blessings,

Steve

Hi SleepySheep,

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. This gives lots of credibility to your company as you actually follow-up the queries by potential customers very thoroughly. I appreciate the link about the frequency response too. You explanation makes me wonder how accurate are the figures on frequency ranges quoted on the products which we can easily find in stores.

I am sure that, if you can find speakers which can go as low as 4 or 6 Hz, you would find that many users of Holosync technology would become your customers very quickly. I look forward to seeing a new posting on here from you when you can find new speakers to help us.

I'm not a very techinal person at all...Looking at these numbers make my head spin!! I REALLY appricate the people who both understand this and put it in simple terms for people like me to understand!

This question goes back to use with mp3 players...I record at the highest level using Windows Media Player, I thought from some of the other topics that would be enough. But I wouldn't even begin to know what info to look for or where to look for it. I know it mentions 'bit rate' some where on my player.

Is that what I should look for?
For those who understand this better, what are you using to convert files into mp3 while still getting the proper sound (Hz, Ghz, Abc, Xyz, LOL )?

Dan

P.S. I agree that its not so much about holosync as PLs but why wouldn't we get the greatest results if its just a matter of a little knowledge? Isn't that why we're here to begin with?

The answer for most people is to use a high bit rate (anything over 200 will be way good enough for most uses and for most people). And use VBR (variable bit rate) setting. I use iTunes.

For those who REALLY want to make sure, don't convert to mp3. Stay with .wav files or AIFF. These are uncompressed files. THe AIFF files take up a lot of space. .Wav not as much. Either will play on iPod and many other mp3 players.

And yes, a little knowledge is why we are here. And as the saying goes, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!".

I think the bottom line is that these SleepPhones will serve most people here just fine. I just got mine and so far I really do like them. They did slip off in the night and so did my iPod alarm did not wake me up, but for falling asleep they were great. I played the sleep track from the FAITH AND CONFIDENCE paraliminal, "Helping others" section. and it felt and sounded great.

It seems clear and resolved that anyone in Awakening Level 4 or beyond will not at least think that these are the best headphones for them. And therefore, since I think thinking is an important part of such programs, it is only for people into Paraliminals and those in the Holosync program up to Awakening Level 3 and below. Also a lot of binaural beats programs will do fine with these.

I will report back with further observations about the SleepPhones as I use them more. I may need to trade them in for one size smaller to make sure that they stay on my head as I sleep. One of the reasons I got them was to help me wake up in the morning without disturbing my wife.

Stay tuned.

blessings,

Steve

I like the idea behind the SleepPhones. I hope they will get a technical breakthrough with a new brand of headphones they can embed into their SleepPhones. They are a very serious and thorough company.

I like the eardrops, but they make my ear canal soar.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The Holosync soundtrack on the Paraliminals is not in the low carrier range. Any comfortable stereo headphones will do. It's simply alpha to theta entrainment.

Really if you are doing the Holosync program You don't want to sleep with them as I understand the Holosync program is a meditation tool. You want your decent headphones for that. For the majority of entrainment audio 10 Hz should be sufficient.

Now for interesting research. Too much listening to any audio through headphones is damaging to ones hearing. The ears never had to deal with such constant sound. So you might want to consider turning off any audio devices after the first hour so the ears get a rest too.

AlexK

Quote:

The Holosync soundtrack on the Paraliminals is not in the low carrier range. Any comfortable stereo headphones will do. It's simply alpha to theta entrainment.

Really if you are doing the Holosync program You don't want to sleep with them as I understand the Holosync program is a meditation tool. You want your decent headphones for that. For the majority of entrainment audio 10 Hz should be sufficient.

Now for interesting research. Too much listening to any audio through headphones is damaging to ones hearing. The ears never had to deal with such constant sound. So you might want to consider turning off any audio devices after the first hour so the ears get a rest too.

AlexK

Amen to all of the above!

I now have been using the SleepPhones for over a week. I love them. They work great for Paraliminals. I also use them a lot with Spring Forest Qigong meditations.

And I always program my iPod (in all of the above or anything else) to play usually about a half hour before it shuts off (an hour tops). And then with something to wake me up in the morning (without disturbing my wife! That is one of the things I really love about these SleepPhones: they work very well both for "sleep learning' and to help with sleep, as well as to wake up! Very cool.

So again, the bottom line: these are going to work VERY well for most people wanting to Sleep Learning, or to help with sleep (and waking up!). But if you want to use them for Holosync and really are committed to that program, these are probably not the best for you. But that is not what they are designed for. For what they are designed , they do great!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved