Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline

Is it necessary to make brakes between the paragraphs(the activation of them)?

Best wishes,
AndriDem

AndriDem #64707 04/03/08 12:38 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

The breaks come in the time you set for yourself. Superreading your eyes run down the centre of the page and only stop to dip when you are drawn to something. On the whole it's a sweeping movement over all the paragraphs.

AlexK

AndriDem #64708 04/03/08 03:56 PM
OP Offline

While i Superreaded i felt i bit tired and i noticed a strange thing: I knew where the answer was(exactly), but as i browsed through the page I couldn't find a place to dip, as if my intuition wasn't working.

Best wishes,
AndriDem

AndriDem #64709 04/04/08 07:30 AM

Quote:

i felt i bit tired... as if my intuition wasn't working.

Like a dog chasing it's tail. If you're tired you need to rest. Things don't work too well when you're tired. Goodness knows there's a lot of research out there about that

AlexK

OP Offline

Today was i disapointing day.

I SR a paragraph, but unlike the other days - I couldn't dip into something. I felt like my brain is turned off. I wasn't tired or something, maybe a little bit sad(bad day at school). Could this be that emotions are surpassing my intuition?

Best wishes,
AndriDem

AndriDem #64711 04/06/08 09:42 AM

It could also be you weren't connected to your purpose and mind probing questions. Move on. It happens like days you still manage to tie your shoelaces in a knot and you learned to tie shoelaces years ago.

AlexK

Hey,

I agree with Alex, I've run into the same problem many times before.

Most often, it wasn't related to my purpose, other times, like what could've been the trouble with AndriDem, I had too much on my mind, the cause being a bad day in school, argument with a family member, etc.

If you feel your emotions are surpassing your intution, try not thinking. If there's one great thing I got out of the Reading Genius course, it's that thoughts are what cause stress, and are what help surpress our natural ability to learn.

Before activating or Photoreading, try clearing your mind of thoughts.

Breathe in deeply. Wait until you feel five heartbeats, or more if you can, then breathe out. Don't put your hand up to your chest, just feel your heart beating against the inside of your body.

In order to really feel the heartbeats, your mind is almost forced to quiet down. This, I found, is a great addition to the Photoreading method of getting into the ideal state of mind.

-JackTuff13

Jacktuff13 #64713 04/06/08 07:42 PM
OP Offline

Hi Jacktuff13!

Thanks for your advices!

To reach the ideal state of mind is not such easy for me. I always feel pressure in my head, as if someone is pressing it. I will follow your advice!

Best wishes,
AndriDem

P.S I already feel that PR is working for me.

AndriDem #64714 04/10/08 08:39 AM
OP Offline

I am learning the material much better now thanks to SR and dipping...

But
1)Is it normal to forget after 4 days what you've learned (dates, names, etc)
2) If my conscious and non conscious minds are strong then it will be more easier to activate? And by PR i am training it? That is how i understood?
3)How to write in to the mind maps something in 2-3 words when the whole idea is really huge?

Best wishes,
AndriDem

AndriDem #64715 04/10/08 10:26 AM

Quote:

1)Is it normal to forget after 4 days what you've learned (dates, names, etc)

Yep it's normal to forget stuff like that within the hour. If you want to remember it you have to hook it to your memory web and visit it a few times. That's why a mind map or notes should be reviewed daily for a week then once weekly for a month and then once a month for about 6 months. Ideally you need to use the knowledge regularly. If you have no frequent use for it it's not necessary to remember but remember where you can find the information. Of course if you build it into your memory web then you just need to pull a thread to start remembering.

Quote:

2) If my conscious and non conscious minds are strong then it will be more easier to activate? And by PR i am training it? That is how i understood?

What you use you get better at. If you use the PhotoReading system and build a body mind connection that become easier to use. Like running at first running half a block seems impossible and then the more you run the easier it is to run that first block and many more.

Quote:

3)How to write in to the mind maps something in 2-3 words when the whole idea is really huge?

Use key words symbols and drawings. You only need to choose the words or pictures that give you the most meaning. It can be comical. It's important to cut it down. If it takes many words you might want to consider using Analograffiti instead.

AlexK

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved