Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yukala #65344 05/01/08 08:44 PM
OP Offline

I would rather learn PR and forget my estonian and russian))

AndriDem #65345 05/01/08 09:25 PM

What about PhotoReading large English dictionaries?

I especially like this jewel:

1928, Roget's International Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases.

As a complete (at that time) book of synonyms and antonyms it organizes the whole of the English language by idea trees.

It handles the language as 'the idea being given, to find the word, or words by which that idea may be most fitly and aptly expressed.'

Why I emphasis this?

I suspect the supra-mind organizes by idea, not words.
PhotoReading is holographic processing of whole pictures and ideas they contain. We however are so 'word' orientated and often get 'hung-up' thinking to activate a sting of words instead of thinking out the ideas and then put that back again into a string of words.

I am going to explore mind maping word-pictures as the way to first put what I have photoread 'back together'. So far I just get active with the subject matter and go by 'intuition or flashes'. Some dipping, occasionally.

What language do you 'think in'?
I have found that the language you 'think in' is one where the comprehension is sourced. Then you filter to other languages losing a little of it all.

So this would be exploring by what route your supra-mind is communicating back to the fore-conscious mind.

Yukala #65346 05/01/08 09:54 PM
OP Offline

PR a dictionary without a normal activation step is for me right now "impossible". =)

I can't generate ideas by just PR like Pete Bissonette.

P.S Thanks for your help
Alex and Yukala

AndriDem #65351 05/02/08 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: AndriDem
PR a dictionary without a normal activation step is for me right now "impossible". =)

I can't generate ideas by just PR like Pete Bissonette.

P.S Thanks for your help
Alex and Yukala

Am I to understand you are PhotoReading a paragraph at a time and endeavoring to 'activate' it?

Everyone generates or rather 'resonates' ideas. You included.
<smiles>
Trust me, it is the simple nature of mind.

AndriDem #65354 05/02/08 01:36 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

AndriDem,

If you want to know what makes it easy for me to PhotoRead it's just attitude. I don't care if it works, I don't care if I don't understand it, I don't care if I get it wrong, I don't care if I miss it the first time, and I certainly don't beat myself up if I realise I missed it the first time. I just know what I want from the time I spend with the book and go for it. To me it's like a little experiment each time. Sometimes I find gems other times paydirt and other times nothing.

Language learning, just PhotoRead the dictionary daily nothing more. Find some grammar books to PhotoRead, and for fun PhotoRead and activate (rapid reading) teenage novels. Listen to news or soap opera's in the language you want to learn. You'll find it easier polish any language that way.

With just PhotoReading step you won't have conscious comprehension like you do with traditional reading. You are letting the pre-conscious processor handle the mundane part of understanding and applying what you learned. Just as you did when you were a child and first learned your native language. No one explained grammar you just picked it up.

AlexK

OP Offline

Today I watched the Photoreading challenge video, and I am still really impressed. Students have mastered it well. First with recognition, then step by step you are remembering it consciously.
The most incredible thing was that they didn't have time to activate in layers(lot of layers). This video really motivated me.

AndriDem #65382 05/03/08 07:44 AM

Time didn't limit the layers we still built in layers jumping through the book mulitple times not staying in one place too long.

AlexK

OP Offline

Still it was incredible. Watching how the students mastered the exercises.

Right now, before SR and dip, I ask myself questions and let my eyes give me the answer. Sadly, it doesn't work all the time. But i will keep trying! =)

Best wishes
AndriDem

AndriDem #65394 05/03/08 01:52 PM

Sometimes we ask the wrong question. It may need to be rephrased. Also the answer may not be in that particular book.

I had someone sit before me and tell me he couldn't activate because he couldn't find what he was looking for. The step by step protocol that the title of the book implied it would teach. I PhotoRead the book in the bookshop and thought it was not worth the time but had promised him I would buy a copy.

When he told me he couldn't find that I registered exactly what was wrong with the book it didn't deliver what it promised. I took the book and double checked myself. The point is he activated perfectly. It was one of those annoying books you could spend hours traditionally reading being entertained by anecdotes and other people's experiences and have nothing substantial from when you finished it. It didn't deliver the "how to" that the title said it would.

So check the question it might need to come from a different direction you might be asking "what?" and the author is explaining the why and how.

AlexK

OP Offline

Today i activated a paragraph(6 pages) in about 10-15 minutes. Somehow i knew where the answers were hidden. That's great

Best wishes
AndriDem

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved