Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hey Fmanie,

Learn photoreading, use it on everything, and activate all the novels you can. Use skittering and super reading and dipping, and also rhythmic perusal.

Now, it can work with novels right away, it IS a natural process, as Pete has said, correct?

The point of using non-fiction is not because it's the ONLY thing you can use, it's just easier to build confidence in beginners and to hone skills so that they may use it on everything.

If you photoread a novel, I would use skittering and rhythmic perusal mainly, to activate it.

So, photoread everything, activate all the novels you want to activate, then if you have time, activate the non fiction books you photoread too. After using the process on everything, you will easily be able to apply it to anything as well, novels included.

Try as hard as you can to not be frustrated.

-JackTuff13

Learning Strategies Admin

The main focus is learning it with non-fiction books first.

When you do a live seminar you learn with 5 non-fiction books.

The home study course comes with two. You are instructed to select a 3rd on of your own of about 250 pages..

I recommend using the 5 day test on two more.

Then you will have noticeable improvement in your rapid reading of NOVELS for pleasure speed because you are able to use all the techniques.

The only reason we (Paul Scheele and I) recommend non-fiction books for learning is that they make it easier to develop superreading and dipping skills and skittering.

Jack...
 Quote:

That's a good affirmation for failure.

As Paul says Be playful, have a beginner mind. Beginners don't try they just do it, and do it playfully.

AlexK

OP Offline

Alex,
Affirmation for failure?

By not being frustrated with it, you ARE being playful, so I don't see how not being frustrated is great for failure. Unless you're telling me that I should've told him just to not be frustrated. Though I'm almost glad you didn't make any other acknowledgement towards anything else I told him in that post. I can only imagine what you would've said about it.

\:\) Jack, sorry I baited you. I was hoping you would respond to it because it would give me an opportunity to explain something in greater detail.

Why the statement is a negative affirmation? I know it's common language and it is rather detrimental. We often use language and affirmations like that and we find ourselves off course when we think we're doing it right.

I get asked a lot about positive affirmations and self talk. Since there are a lot of people experiencing difficulty with a lot of courses and studies and I want to see people succeed with PhotoReading I wanted to share a success secret and you, Jack, gave me that opportunity. So I'd like to explain something that can make a big difference in everyone's success.

Lets look at the statement

Quote:

Try;

Try is a word that carries with it the expectation of failure and often used when one is non-committal.

E.g The boss says fix the photocopier in 15 minutes or else. You're already doubting that it's even possible to fix it in a month so to get the angry boss to calm down you say. Okay I'll try but really thinking I'm going to spend the next 15 minutes working on it but I seriously doubt I can fix it. Non-committal failure is allowed and even sanctioned. [that's why you find some people saying don't try, either do, or don't]

Hard; the connotations a dictionary or thesaurus if you like but here are some of mine, solid, impenetrable, long time to break through, difficult to break. Creates negative feelings.

E.g I have to work hard... implies difficult work, long hours, no end in sight. (what's fun about working hard, right?)

'Not to be frustrated'... the mind doesn't understand "not" in it's search for the opposite it focuses on ... Be frustrated and comes up with all the ways it can be frustrated.

Not frustrated... what is that? To get around it you have to ask yourself, "what is the opposite of frustrated?" While talking about it it's easy. When you give it in a instructional statement which is an affirmation, the mind ignores words like not because it's in too much of a hurry to comply.

The mind works with thoughts, feelings and images which the brain provides.

So the mind responds to that statement something like this
Try [phew I have permission to fail here] hard [Left hemisphere oh man I remember the time I studied for that biology test I wound up with a massive headache... Right hemisphere Headache? Your wish is my command one headache coming up] not [LH ??? RH zzzzzz} be frustrated. [LH be frustrated... last time I was frustrated was when the car broke down, I felt so helpless and loss,angry and didn't know what to do... Remember that RH? RH yep sure do, be frustrated, your wish is my command... feelings for frustration coming up!]

Okay, it isn't just the left and right hemispheres talking to each part. The brain looks for patterns based on past experiences because it wants to work quickly. There are multiple parts all communicating through the neural networks. The example I gave is an accurate, if over simplified, idea of how the brain works out that statement for the mind to react.

If you want to state the message in the positive use the opposite expression.

Aim to relax and be playful, you'll get it. That instructs the mind faster in the direction you want to go.

The language of our self talk impacts us a lot. It's the driving force behind how easy or hard something is for us, whether we stay stuck or move ahead, are open or closed to possibilities.

Thank you Jack, expect to meet you one day. \:\)

AlexK

OP Offline

Ohhhh ok, Alex. That changes everything, I do see where I went wrong with that, but hey, if it brought you to this explanation, I'm glad I questioned you.

I hope to meet you too, someday, it'd be a great experience and you have so much knowledge to share with everyone, I'm sure my photoreading experiences would be so enriched.

And I don't mind, now that you explained it, that you "baited" me. Now, I'm quite uplifted.

Take care!

-JackTuff13

Jack

What Alex explained to you is "basic" NLP, "L" being the language part of how your brain works.

I suggest you read Unlimited Power by Anthony Robbins to understand this.

It is a 400 pager, but since you better at photoreading, it should be an easy task for you.

Last edited by Fmanie; 05/19/08 05:07 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved