Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#6579 11/20/03 01:15 PM

I have a little question for those that have the course. According to the marketting description on this site, the course consists on six tapes, each one has a recording from a different expert on their own field. They are:
1) Paul Scheele
with Euphoria Paraliminal Learning
2) Hale Dwoskin
with the Sedona Method for Euphoria
3) D. Trinidad Hunt
with adventures in living from your center
4) Chunyi Lin
with the Qigong way of life
5) Bill Harris
with Holosync session for euphoria
6) Rex Steven Sikes
and Carolyn Sikes' Attitude Activator

Well, I own and has taken the Sedona Method course from Hale Dwoskin, I follow the Holosync program from Centerpointe (I'm currently doing the Awakening Level 4), and I have the Spring Forest Qigong course thought I abandoned it due to guilt feelings at doing it and needless to say that I can take it whenever I wish. This leaves me with "Euphoria Paraliminal", "Attitude Activator", and "adventures in living from your center" as those that I haven't sample or haven't experienced. My question is; is the price tag right for those three? Is it worth the try even at the diminished value? If we add the SFQ meditation to those of value (because it could be different) that makes four instead of six. Well, what do you think? Are those that I don't have one way or the other worth the price tag? Thanks.

#6580 11/20/03 01:57 PM

The Sedona Method is an effective, yet fairly simple method of releasing unwanted feelings. That session would probably not be anything new for someone who already knows or practices this method.

But the Spring Forest Qigong meditation is unique to any of the meditations in the level one or two courses. And as I mentioned in a previous post we've agreed it's a favorite when we practice Qigong in the office at 11:30 am. Euphoria is not a bunch of introductions to methods, but is a collection of people with the same idea, coming from different perspectives on different levels: cognitive, affective, and spiritual/physical. The idea is that it's great that we improve our learning, our reading style and speed, but what about our spiritual self? What does any of this self improvement mean if we are not truly happy? Euphoria is our natural state, but how do we get there?

The best way to approach the course is to listen to all of the audio sessions and then go back to those you connected with, and go deeper into those and into yourself. And, also go to the one you hated the most. We all have a shadow or dark side to our personalities. Going deeper into this session, you can discover what's in there that you don't like about yourself.

Good luck with your decision!

#6581 11/20/03 04:32 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

It's hard for me to say what is worth while for you.

Since, I've only been through the set once I can not even separate the tape that well in my mind.

I found them all educational. None of them have given me what I was looking for, yet. Almost all of it was new to me.

Are the few that are left worth it? Well you're on level 4 of Holosync and on my first pass through I'd say that for me, it was the least interesting in the series.

I'm doing the Sykes tape now, probably just because it was the last one. I'll probably go onto Dwoskin's or Hunt's next, then onto Scheele's and Lin's. I may eventually get around to doing Harris' again. I didn't dislike it, it just wasn't .... well it just wasn't.

Next time is use them, I may be in a different place and have a different experience. I'm glad I have the full set. It's probably like learning anything, even PR, you learn something different each time you visit it.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#6582 11/20/03 08:14 PM

quote:
It's hard for me to say what is worth while for you.

It'd be enough if you tell me whether or not it would be worthwhile for you.

On this site I have read that the Hale's tape is half an hour of the questions sequence "could you?, would you?, when?" and Bill's tape is equivalent to the "Dive" soundtrack featured in the Awakening Prologue. The Sedona tape is of little value to me although it is still of value. The Holosync tape is plainly worthless, it'd have no effect on me. If the SFQ meditation is truly different, then this is my assessment:
1) Paul Scheele
with Euphoria Paraliminal Learning
Valuable
2) Hale Dwoskin
with the Sedona Method for Euphoria
Little value
3) D. Trinidad Hunt
with adventures in living from your center
Valuable
4) Chunyi Lin
with the Qigong way of life
More or less valuable, I've had to overcome those feelings of guilt in order to benefit from this meditation and from the SFQ course
5) Bill Harris
with Holosync session for euphoria
Worthless
6) Rex Steven Sikes
and Carolyn Sikes' Attitude Activator
Valuable

Three valuable soundtracks, one with little value, one with uncertain value, and one worthless. The Euphoria Course price tag is $129.95. The price is respectable. With the devaluation factors that are present in my case, I'd choose to not buy it, but I'm unsure. I just don't know how valuable could be the "valuable" ones.

So if you can shed some light on how valuable were the tapes for you, I will be grateful. Thanks.

P.D.
Iam2
Would you take a suggestion? Before taking the Sedona Method, I found Holosync very hard to follow. I got very anxious and it was very unconfortable. Now, I use the Sedona Method to release anything that surface while doing Holosync and the combination of both is just great. You could try learning the Sedona Method through Hale's tape before the Holosync tape. It takes sometime to learn to release easily, practice makes perfection and you'll find that releasing will get easier and easier; the more you release, the easier you will do it. So if you do Holosync after learning to release easily, then you could find Holosync much more enjoyable. I cannot guarantee so to you because all of us are different, and what works for me might not work for you. But I find Holosync very enjoyable by combining it with the Sedona Method. Maybe you could use this suggestion.

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited November 20, 2003).]

#6583 11/20/03 08:47 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

$129 for three tapes.
Specifically,

Attitude Activator
Euphoria Paraliminal
Living from the Centre

It's a close call. You have tapes 2,3,4 in my first pass ranking. The Sedona probably as number 1. Leaving two that will probably not help me towards my purpose, which is the ability to walk around in a blissful state if I chose. I'll side on the favour of having little options and it's only money. So my answer is yes I would buy them.

I think the Euphoria Paraliminal might be a sleeper. This is strongly on the fact that while at the retreat I had a wonderful experience while in a meditation lead by Paul. In fact, it's a desire to reconnect with that kind of feeling that lead me to the course.

The Attitude Activator is very much like a paraliminal and many have commneted that they like it the most. I have a bit of a kitch issue with it, but I can definitely feel it affect me.

Living from the Centre is fuzzy in my memory, but my impression is that, for me, it is the second most powerful in the set.

I'll say it again. Yes it would be worth it, even just for those three.

You might like to note that I value the time I invest in these systems as worth more than the cost of them.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#6584 11/20/03 08:53 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the PD Betsemes. I became quite good are releasing while at the LSC summer retreat. I like the Sedona because it was another approach. It is slower, but easier to remember.

As for the Holosync, well for me nothing came up. Nothing. I don't that I'm that centered. It's not like I was distracted or not present, I just got nothing out of it. Which based on all the things I've read on the forum was more than a little surprising. People relate such powerful experiences with Holosync. Maybe because of the objective the experience is to be different.

#6585 11/20/03 09:08 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

After letting those ideas float around for a little while, I thought I should point out that LSC is working at putting together a course base on the summer retreat. Depending on your time, your issues, your money, and exactly what they put into the course I might recommend getting the retreat based course instead.

I know I will be getting it, regardless of the twist they put on the home study course.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#6586 11/21/03 12:55 PM

quote:
The Sedona probably as number 1. Leaving two that will probably not help me towards my purpose, which is the ability to walk around in a blissful state if I chose. I'll side on the favour of having little options and it's only money. So my answer is yes I would buy them.

Hale tells us that Lester Levenson (creator of the let go techniques) got that state of bliss by releasing alone. He tells us that we all are "beings of light" that at the very core of our own self is a center of great love that's obscured by so much negative repressed emotions that they don't let the core love to express itself. He says that what we need to achieve happiness is only to love, not being loved. He says that by releasing those repressed negative emotions, we could reach that blissful state achieving happiness. Maybe it is the Sedona Method all that you need to achieving that blissful state that you want.

But be aware that the more you release, the more repressed emotions strive to surface. You could even feel worse soon after beginning releasing. That's normal and much more people report that kind of experience. The key is to continue, a whole life doing repression comes at a price and this is the price once you begin letting go of them. It could take a while before you experience that bliss you desire, but it's worth it.

And thanks for your opinion on whether or not you'd buy the course just for three tapes. Maybe by having more than two or three choices aimed at achieving a state of bliss can accelerate the process,... maybe.

quote:
I like the Sedona because it was another approach. It is slower, but easier to remember.

As for my experience on releasing for about a year, Sedona becomes increasingly easier to do as you do it. At first, when I applied it to Holosync, my resistance to Holosync was way too much for my little skills on releasing. Now it seems that I release so easy that the Holosync experience is almost always a good one.

quote:
As for the Holosync, well for me nothing came up. Nothing. I don't that I'm that centered. It's not like I was distracted or not present, I just got nothing out of it. Which based on all the things I've read on the forum was more than a little surprising. People relate such powerful experiences with Holosync. Maybe because of the objective the experience is to be different.

It seems to me that Holosync feels differently from person to person. But the conditions in which you are experiencing it are different to the conditions in which I experienced it for the first time. I was bombarded with propaganda-like support from Centerpointe while doing the Awakening Prologue and I had the option of contacting their support line in order to get support. I remember once that they sent me a support letter saying that many people call the support line at Centerpointe reporting that nothing was happening, they then asked some questions about some small things that might have been happening and then they got an AHA! kind of response. I don't know because I noticed its effects from the first time.

Or maybe the Dive soundtrack is stronger than the Euphoria Holosync soundtrack, I don't know. They always recommended that whatever happens, let it be OK as if that's what's meant to happen, even when it seemed that nothing is happening. Somedays, you will have one experience with Holosync, another one you could have another one completely different. They always insisted on continuing no matter what's happening, even if nothing is happening. Maybe the key is to continue using it, maybe stubbornly. Perhaps one day after many others of seemimgly getting nothing, you could get a powerful and maybe scaring experience. So, could you allow yourself to be patient?.....

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited November 21, 2003).]

#6587 11/21/03 02:17 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for your feedback.

I believe I did experience that blissful experience several times while at the retreat. I have tried on my own with some modest success. I have also been surprised several times with this experience happening spontaneously.

I have been trying to grow and explore so that I can access this state at will. One thing my experience has shown me is that if you try to actively reach it, you will not. You can (maybe should) express a desire (set as a goal) to reach this state then let the desire go.

I've was given the message that following SFQ was very important for me to achieve this goal. Thanks to SFQ practices, I can readily go into the emptiness (at least I thing that what I can do), when I can become strongly aware of my energetic self.

I can semi-regularly enter into to a sustained sense of calm loving and self-aware state. This is very nice and very useful for staying productive, supportive and loving in all my activities. Reading some peoples description of Bliss, I would relate it to this state. However, it is not the awesome whole body joy that I experienced and which I consider as Bliss.

I would be quite happy to oscillate between these two states. This doesn't negate experiencing other emotions. Definitely not, however the response to the emotions is wholely different from my old normal way of existing.

Currently I oscillated from the calm self-aware state and my old normal state. I have come to understand and value my emotions as hugely valuable messages from myself. They provide guidance. They are a whole experience and whole self expression of myself/my-direction/my-response/my-needs/my-feelings/my-values (sorry couldn't find the right words).

Getting back to your post. My experience at the retreat and for more than a month afterwards was an emotional rollercoaster. Which is completely NOT my normal, or I should say my old normal state.

So for now I'm exploring myself. I think that there are many paths to that inner state of love and acceptance. By exploring many paths I may understand the terrain and be better able to navigate it. Perhaps even help others find their way. Now that would be a nice side effect.

Thanks again.
You are perfection.
Iam2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved