Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

Hey Alex,

I haven't actually combined the skills. I have only used them separately.

The problem is that they both worked well for me, but I want to know if you will be able to help me get back with photoreading. I keep saying to myself, Ok from now on I'll photoread.
Then five minutes later I find some reason to go back to speed reading.

Please help.

-JackTuff13

wow, addictive behavior patterns are what make us and often can break us. I am with you to keep to your clarity; your reason for doing it the best way possible, as you can see it.

I am near daily challenging myself to find new ways to express and be inspired...

myriad blessings with your endeavors!!!

Thanks for explaining to me Alex :-)

Hi. JackTuff13, I note the post you put on... you say you want to be either Photoreader or Speed reader, which mean you like both method, then you ask Alex to help u get back to Photoreader, which also mean you prefer PR then.

If you very prefer PR, I think you should first convince yourself PR IS BETTER, and kind of state lot of Adv about PR and forget about disadv, and state TONES of disadv to speed read.

From all the post in here, I think there are already many point that are good to PR and BAD to speedread. Although I have already suggest to u that use both method flexible. It is quite rare to me that some people want to break the habit of a Skill, which all skill is useful in someways, but I guess it is kind of like smoking ( may be....).
I think the best thing to do at the moment is to convince youself first and I believe Alex has already give u lot of good point and advise about PR.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Jack, Get more books in front of you and set a timer. Allow yourself only a 7 minute postview for each book and then choose the book you want to comprehend more fully and that one you can superread to your hearts content. \:\) There is nothing wrong with combining the skills. It's just a question of purpose and being an active reader rather than a passive reader.

AlexK

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved