Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Originally Posted By: abdelrahman

thanks for your reply but i want to know what if i don't know what is the new behavior that i want to develop i mean if i addicted to something that i want to get rid of it what i want to develop?

There is usually a reason one wants to move away from an addiction. a benefit of some sort. A person on wanting to give up and addiction to self medication may want to have more money, be more there for the family, to succeed at something. The act of drinking may be a choice to drink more water rather than alcoholic beverages. To call someone when the urge to fall do what ever the addiction may be. It may be a habit of delaying tactics like waiting another 5 minutes before getting the second helping and then waiting 10 minutes until it becomes a new habit of waiting until the next meal before you put food on the plate again.

As suggested you can talk with a coach by phone or by email.

AlexK

it's all about the emotions. conquer your emotions and you have a chance to conquer your addictions. isn't addiction habits due to good or bad feelings? addiction fulfill some emotional feeling. emotional feeling is caused by strong belief. the stronger your belief in something the more meaning/value you put into it so you are emotionally attached. Just do what dalai lama suggest and learn the art of detachment. then you won't have any addiction except the addiction of detachment. =o)

OP Offline

thanks alot for all these great help from you all.
you realy gave me a good support.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved