Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#66170 06/16/08 05:37 PM
OP Offline

Could someone please clarify a couple things for me?

I just received the Silver edition and started going through the materials but am not sure what to do about positioning my bed for the best Feng Shui.

My personal power number is six and I would like to position in the west direction but this would put my headboard on the same wall as my door (off to one side) and I would not be able to see the door from my bed as my headboard would be next to it. (this is shown as bad Feng Shui to have the bed headboard on the same wall as the door openning in the essentials manual)

Also, in the west direction, the wall behind my headboard is solid but has a bit of a recess in half of it... Is this a problem?

Placed anywhere else in the room, my bed will be in the flow of the doorway...

Also, on the ceiling there is a track light which runs down the center of the room and over my bed. Could this create some sort of a problem and what should be done about it?

I would post a picture of the room in case anyone could comment on other things that I am not picking up on but not sure if that is possible on this forum.

Thanks in advance

Irethedo #66180 06/16/08 11:01 PM

I also have a question about my bed position as well.

Right now I am sleeping north to south, which is a good direction for me as I am a 4. However, I have just discovered that I am in the flow of the door. If I move my bed to face east, I have windows behind me. If I move it to face north, I have a wall that adjoins the bathroom behind me.

What are the implications of putting the bed at an angle, and face southeast? one part would have a window behind it.

What is best to do?

Thank you,

Last edited by suzgems; 06/16/08 11:02 PM.
suzgems #66243 06/19/08 08:45 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Irethedo,

Does your bed work facing the NE, SW, or NW? Yes, being in the flow of the door isn't ideal, here is how Marie places the order of importance:

Quote:
Your first priority is to sleep with your head toward one of your four personal best directions.

Your second priority is to be out of the direct flow from the door. Third is to see the incoming flow of energy when someone enters your bedroom. If possible, do not place your headboard along the same wall as your incoming door. You will miss new opportunities in your career or that great partner you want to meet, because you do not see the energy at night coming to you.

If you cannot change your bed to another wall, place a small mirror opposite the door so that when you open your eyes you can see the doorway in the mirror. -Diamond Feng Shui in the Bedroom by Marie Diamond

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn_Grim #66272 06/20/08 09:42 PM
OP Offline

Thank you Shawn-
I saw the mirror mentioned in the monthly newsletter that I just received but I do not sleep with my door to my bedroom open- actually I usually lock it for no reason so I am not sure if the mirror will help to see any energy coming my way or not... 8>)

My bed was facing a bad direction for me and is corrected now as it faces my success direction. I have re-arranged my room but still need to get the clutter out of it and maybe this is why I have not seen much change in the past few days... Also I have placed my activations in 3 of my 4 good directions.

I am concerned about the track lighting on the ceiling though as it is centered over my bed... SHould i change this out with a standard type light? (light fixtures were not mentioned in thematerials..)

Thanks

Irethedo #66283 06/21/08 02:21 PM

Hello Shawn -

I also posted a question regarding my bed position above. Did you see it?

suzgems #66306 06/23/08 09:50 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Greetings Irethedo: I'm assuming the track lighting isn't pointed straight down on the bed. even so, there is soewhat of a poison arrow happening there, but no different than a fan above the bed that doesn't get used.

You could change it to something softer/rounded, but I'd muscle check whether it was best for you before going through the time and money to have it replaced.

suzgems: What miss you? not at all! ;\) Look at the order of priority listed above.

Also is the sink, toilette, or tub right next to the North wall behind you or your partner's head? If not, don't worry about it. The window behind the bed isn't an issue if you have a solid headboard and the window is just in the upper part of the wall. Floor to ceiling is a different animal.

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn_Grim #66338 06/24/08 08:46 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Shawn-

I replaced the track lighting as it was more like a beam that was centered over my bed but it may be too soon to know if this has helped or not. I have been clearing on my bedroom and have placed my activations and bed in the correct direction but it has only been a week and no sign of changes yet...

I do have an additional question or two about my headboard as it has a shelf which is a little taller than my head but might be at the same level depending on how much I scrunch my pillow as this could potentially be a poison arrow .... I roll around in my sleep a lot.... How might I deal with this?

Also, I have an electric alarm clock & lamp on the nighstand next to my bed and a stereo that I use to listen to my paraliminals on the headboard shelf... Is it not a good idea to have these electrical devices so close to me? What is the ruling on this?

thanks Shawn

Irethedo #69322 11/04/08 05:51 PM

I also have a bed position question. My bedroom is in the NE corner of the house (my wisdom direction). This is the only possible bedroom to use. My bed is placed with the head toward the NE, but this isn't working with the furniture placement in the room (nor does it seem to be working for me).

SW is out because that's where the door is (success direction). I have a short hallway that leads into the room.

I would like to put the head of the bed facing West (relationship direction) which would be in the flow of the door, the same is true for NW (health direction).

If I put fabric screens in front of the door/hallway to turn the energy upon entry, could I put the bed on the west wall?

If this is feasible, I would put a mirror on the east wall to see the entrance.

Please advise.

Thanks!

better_life #69346 11/06/08 11:41 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Irethedo,

Having the electronics right by your head isn't such a great thing. When they're off a ways to the side on a night stand, that is better.

Aloha better_life: In Marie's order of importance, being out of the flow of the door is after the bed facing a good direction. I usually have the door closed when I sleep in that situation, and open during the day.

If the bed is in the flow of the door so your feet point out the door, is a different situation and not favorable at all.

Much Love, Shawn

Irethedo #69367 11/08/08 08:04 PM

Like many others whose posts I've read, I too have a concern about bed position -- and in fact I wonder if this is the reason I'm only having limited success with Feng Shui. I am a 3, and the only place in my bedroom that the bed will fit is with the headboard on the West wall (my Total Loss Direction). Total loss sounds so hopeless -- like there is nothing I can possibly do that will bring good fortune. Is this so? Is there nothing that can be done with a mirror to correct this? Or should I just give up on the whole Feng Shui premise -- afterall, what will work against "total loss"?
There is no other room to move to. Ironically -- I love this room and feel so at peace there. What is going on with that?
Thanks to anyone who can provide some insight into this problem and what I might be able to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved