Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
expance Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,

I just received my Memory Optimiser CD set. I am hoping it will help with my Computer Science course. Actually I hope someone can me help use it to prepare for a continuous assessment exam due to take place within ten days. I have three lectures to memorise.

I chose the memory optimiser over a more expensive local memory expert. I hope I have chosen wisely as I need a customized solution.

I have read the first few pages on the manual and some of the first CD. Do I need to cover all games as instructed or can I adapt these to my studies. For example, to use name construction game and replace the technical facts I need to memorise.

The fact that memory depends on original construction or absorption of the information seems to make a lot of sense. I just need a short cut in order to adapt the memory course my course very quickly in order to deal with looming exams.

My subjects are;

Networking and requires the memorization various networking protocols and designs.

Multimedia and web design, is more hands on and requires actual projects and display of skills.

Operating systems. This is very much reading and memorizing of facts.

Applied mathematics. Hands on remembering of rules and steps.

There are four continuous assessment exams per subject per semester, including one final exam. If it was one subject I wouldn't have a problem dealing with it. But altogether I feel I am not managing to get enough time to refresh all the subjects in order to remember enough to do well in exams. I had hopped the PhotoReading would cut down on the study work. It takes as much time to photoread and activate as traditional studying.

If I was to co-ordinate the memory optimiser and PhotoReading, would I be right in incorporating the trigger words within the memory games mentioned in the memory optimiser games.???

I thank you in advance for your support.

Regards

Wowww, you said a mouthful. Do whatever you can at this late date. Make up an Anchorman List or use Vera's Snchorman's List to memorize. Then,you can connect key words of your own or the trigger word that you pulled out of the text & link that to the words in the Anchorman List. You can make up a story or create a visual picture of an image that includes the 2 words. You can do an ABC List to review all of your topics. Do Freenoting to see how much you know about the topic. Do a MM or draw images with a few words that are close to each other & on the paper,place them in a Loci or place in your house or on your street,or city building. Associate items. (I did a little freenoting here!) LOL I hope that I helped you out a bit. Toby

I also would practice making ABC Lists with the info. But also, play the "Memory Optimizer" tape that came with the course for at least a week. Also, affirmations would help.

Good Luck on the Exams!
Jonah

expance Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for all the replies. I have just received my CD set, and only listened to first CD concluding with the ABC card list. do I need to master the ABC game before I move on to the next ( second CD ) or shall I spend the next week listening to all as an overview.???

Personally, I would concentrate on memorizing the Anchorman List & making ABC Lists in case you need to remember more words so that you can link it to your stucy material. Also the analgraphiti. Also, as you probably already know from your PR course. PhotoRead 5-6 or even 10 books on the subjects that you are studying. As for the rest of the course, listen to the CD's when you have time. Right now, your trying to pass your tests. You don't have much time. Read the manuel. Good luck! Let us know how you're doing. Toby

expance Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:
I also would practice making ABC Lists with the info. But also, play the "Memory Optimizer" tape that came with the course for at least a week. Also, affirmations would help.

Good Luck on the Exams!
Jonah

Thanks, actually I do use the InnerTalk affirmation cds.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved