Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67559 01/09/04 08:30 PM
OP Offline

Okay, so tell me if I have this right. I am going to be memoizing hundreds of anatomy terms this semester. So for S #19 "STUDENT" . Now I want to link Sacrum, superior articular facet and Sternal angle to S - STUDENT and #19?
I have many more S terms to go. Won't I have hundreds of lists and won't this get confusing at some point? Just want to make sure I am doing this right.
Lora

#67560 01/10/04 06:44 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I would consider focusing on sections of the body for each list, head, trunk, limbs. There is enough anatomy in the hand to make a list for the hand alone. Also I would not be bothered linking them to the Anchorman list. I'd be creating my own list for the body sections using information that I already know... eg hand, nail, finger, bone, knuckle, palm, thumb etc all serve as starting points for linking and are already strong in my memory web knowledge about the hand. I can linke the names of the bone to nail, knuckle, thumb, palm and if there is a few like in the palm I can create a story to link them.

Funny thing about memory webs if they are well created they work backwards too. If someone says the name of the bone in the fingertip your thread will pull you back to the hand.

I don't see it necessary to have the words that start with a letter S always linked to S in the ABC list if I can create one that helps me identify and understand the association.

So my hand list would be used for bones and then for muscles. Getting creative and finding ways to memorise those names is easier once you know you can link it to something that is already solid on the memory web.

Alex

#67561 01/10/04 01:57 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Alex, I guess I was under the impresstion S had to always be linked to "student & 19". I see now your saying to find a body part or something with in the body region I want to know, say "face" and then link all the facial bones and skull for the cranial bones.

Or even break it down to "Jaw" and link all the bones that make up the jaw. Later then I can add the muscles and nerves of that area. Does that seem right?

Thanks,
Lora

#67562 01/11/04 05:05 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that is one way. The idea is to link it to a ABC list with your well known threads for the body section. Using the common names that you learnt so far for the anchor and create an ABC list with them then you can link the medical terms to those common names the medical terms won't necessarily start with the same letter as the common name so your S on the ABC list might be Skin and you link that to the medical term.

For the head the S may be Skull and you create links. You take the creative visual license as to which part bones you're going to relate to that link because you can use H Hair or Hairline to represent a different part.

Remember also you can draw the anatomy and map our your ABC list against that.

Alex

#67563 02/12/04 10:42 PM

my favorite muscle for S is "sternocleidomastoideus"

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved