Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#68086 11/27/01 04:22 AM

mgrego2:
There's not a whole lot to discuss on the MO course. Basically, it's the Anchorman List & variations. In addition, she has numerous techniques called tricks. Most of the tricks are useless to me b/c they are so involved in electronics & gadgets.

I have found Jose Silva's techniques for programming far superior in producing results & they don't involve electronics & gadgets. Heavens, i don't even own an exercise bike or any such stuff. I have too much to do to ever work out! I have actual manual labor & real work to do

I also have no interest in all that Alheizmer stuff either. Do you? I do what i do & have enuff problems w/ other types of fear in my life that i'm attempting to address. I don't need to feel pressured to do abc lists for Alheizmer (sp?) fears too.

I think we have discussed all that needs to be discussed w/ regard to her course. It could have been nicely done in 4 tapes & the anchorman concepts....imho...

I am up to almost 50 abc lists & have used them for problem solving & lots of wonderful things. I also have just taken out some car tapes from the library to listen to for driving to/from work. But, much of my life is about not putting so much into my head.

Listen Ramana Mahrishi spent his time mostly in silence & he never had any problems w/ memory. I am not so sure that having a ton of stuff in my memory web is the KEY to anything substantial for me or my goals.

Remembering my Source is where it's at for me & no amount of abc lists or memory webing will help me or anyone out there. Who am i? Where does the "i" come from? What is the source of the i-thought? No memory web can help me out there.

But, i do love the anchorman idea & have kept the course, b/c it was totally new to me. I have also enhanced her concepts to include innovative ideas not found in the manual or on the tapes. I could not have done that w/o the anchorman concept. So, i feel i got my $$'s worth.

What do you think about the course overall? I look forward to your comments.

#68087 11/27/01 10:58 PM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Margaret,

I think your points are quite valid. I agree that the course could have been condensed and still retained the essential info. Some of the tricks are rehashes of stuff from other courses. I didn't get much from the additional CD's. I enjoyed the section on the ABC List and I will play more with analograffiti to see what I get out of it. It is not likely that I will get much out of the other tricks. The piggy bank time idea is good but I don't see myself using a VCR in the suggested manner. Also, I was a bit disappointed with the sales pitches throughout the recordings. Still evaluating.

#68088 01/14/02 03:15 PM

Margaret and mgrego2:

So, have you given up on this MO stuff ?
I just bought it a week ago. You mention that this whole thing could have been condensed into 4 tapes. Hmmmm, no wonder I feel so sleepy after hearing 30 - 45 minutes of it.

So, I guess, the course is mostly about Anchorman List and ABC lists and tricks ?

Are you guys still working this DF or are gone from it ? You were the most active.

#68089 01/14/02 03:59 PM
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Aron,

Still out here and haven't given up yet. I would say that Anchorman and ABC Lists are the foundation for the course. I've been reading the book a bit more and find some better information related to the questions I've had. Starting with page 48, there is more detailed info on the topics that were troubling me. Having said that, aside from listening to the CD's again, I haven't had time to do a lot of application lately.

quote:
Originally posted by aron:
Margaret and mgrego2:

So, have you given up on this MO stuff ?
I just bought it a week ago. You mention that this whole thing could have been condensed into 4 tapes. Hmmmm, no wonder I feel so sleepy after hearing 30 - 45 minutes of it.

So, I guess, the course is mostly about Anchorman List and ABC lists and tricks ?

Are you guys still working this DF or are gone from it ? You were the most active.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved