Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#6821 11/05/03 04:11 PM
OP Offline

By the time when I got my first LSC product (the photoreading book), I got into a wagon of wanting personal development. Over the years I have bought many products on personal development:

Paraliminal Tapes:
-10-Minute Supercharger
-Anxiety Free
-Automatic Pilot
-Belief
-Deep Relaxation
-Dream Play
-Get Around To It
-Holiday Cheer
-Ideal Weight
-Instantaneous Personal Magnetism
-Memory Supercharger
-New Behavior Generator
-New History Generator
-New Option Generator
-Perfect Health
-Personal Genius
-Prosperity
-Relationships
-Self-Esteem Supercharger
-Youthfulness
(In other words; I have all the paraliminals but two)

LSC Courses:
-Natural Brilliance
-Spring Forest Qigong Level 1
-Resiliency
-Boundless Renewal
-Photoreading
-The Genius Code
-Memory Optimizer
-Ideal Mindset
-Decisive Action
-Consistent Achievement
-Four Powers for Greatness

Non LSC tapes:
-Perfect Health Silent Subliminal
-Making Change Easy Silent Subliminal
-Attracting Money & Success Silent Subliminal
-Super Longevity Silent Subliminal
-Financial Freedom Minicourse
-Relationships Minicourse

Non LSC programs:
-Sedona Method Course
-Holosync (I'm currently doing the Awakening Level 4)
-Magical Mind, Magical Body
-Successful Investing and Money Management: The Money Course
-How to Make Money in Commodity Futures

This list is not a complete list. One thing I should note is that I have many courses or tools, but one thing that I have very prominently is procrastination. I even procrastinate to listen the "Get Around to It" paraliminal. So I have all of it, but I haven't completed half of them. In fact, I follow the Holosync program, I completed the Natural Brilliance course (with little success on having it make a good difference), and the Sedona Method course (this one is maybe what's moving me now towards one of my more difficult goals for me); and the remaining ones were abandoned. I quitted the Photoreading course after listening just the first session; I quitted the Genius Code when I was about to do my first Image Stream; I quitted Memory Optimizer without applying any memory technique; I quitted "Four Powers for Greatness" after the first "power": listening. I have never done any of the "Ideal Mindset", "Decisive Action", or "Consistent Achievement" courses. I quitted the "Spring Forest Qigong" because I got guilt problems at using it. All this gives an idea on how big is my procrastination problem. If I ever skip a day without doing the current course, then it is very likely that I will not finish it at all.

Now I'm about to begin something, well I actually already begun it. I recently purchased the "How to Make Money in Commodity Futures" course and I already started it. But looking back at my shameful history on completing courses, I know that's very likely that I will quit it short. I need something else in order to keep myself on track. The Sedona Method as well as Holosync have being working well in changing many things, but they're working slowly. And more importantly; I have many obstacles on all this about money, I fear money. The way I was raised got me with many erroneous preconceptions and fears about money that keep me from achieving financial freedom. Although I know that more or less everyone have issues on money, I have this other big procrastination problem that can work against me on this. From my personal development courses I can pick one that can help me on getting the right attitudes on money: Ideal Mindset.

One of the things that I must do for the Ideal Mindset course is setting a goal. My main goal would be "I want to be financially free". But this goal do not meet the guidelines for setting a goal, having the wish of being financially free don't give me any sense of direction.

I have two courses on earning money: "Successful Investing and Money Management: The Money Course" and "How to Make Money in Commodity Futures".

I bought the first one more than a decade ago, it is very large and difficult. By that time I had none of the tools I have now, so I left it almost at the start. I still have it waiting for a future chance. I bought the second one recently and I already have started it. It focuses on the commodity futures and it is written in simple terms, so it is the right choice to begin with.

So a more to the point goal would be "I want to complete the 'How to Make Money in Commodity Futures' course".

Completing a course doesn't mean I'll apply what I'd learn so I need to rephrase the goal statement:

Major Goal:
I want to familiarize myself with the concepts and jargon of commodity futures, build the habit of tracking commodity futures quotes and get practical knowledge and confidence on commodity trading by doing "paper trades" without risking real money.

I think this goal meets the Ideal Mindset course's guidelines for goal setting:
- The goal is stated in positive terms.
- It is fully within my control.
- I don't have to give up anything (not even money) in order to accomplish it.
- It is tangible, measurable and testable.
- Financial freedom is one of my most desired things, so it is something worthwhile to me.

Development Goal Statement:
Being free of many barriers, fears and taboos about money. Open a new horizon of opportunities that will enrich my field of possible new attitudes and/or options available to me that will lead me to be financially free.

As I think on my Development Goal Statement, I realize that completing my major goal would be a major breakthrough in all my life.

Since this is so important and the Ideal Mindset course recommends to keep a journal and to get in contact with Learning Strategies on this (they say they'd love to hear from me), I've decided to make this forum my journal. I believe that this way, I'd be better motivated for following the course towards my goal, and it will have the advantage of getting feedback that could be most helpful on achieving my goal. So bear with me on this effort to get a breakthrough in my personal development.

#6822 11/05/03 07:46 PM

Good luck with your journal. However, I would not say you have a huge problem with procrastination, you have managed to persit with Holosync which is far from easy. Perhaps you have too much choice. Focus on one additional program at a time. I am sure that you will progress.

#6823 11/06/03 03:25 PM
OP Offline

Yesterday I read the New History Generator section of the manual, but while I was listening to the coach session, I fell asleep. Maybe I learnt something while listening to the tape, but I feel I need to listen to it again. By what I have read, it seems that I'll need to listen to the NHG tape at least once for every problem, obstacle, bad attitude or fear that I have about money.

There were many proverbs and attitudes that my parents used to repeat. Some of the following are actual proverbs and others are proverbs that I derived from their attitudes:
-Money doesn't grow on trees
-The poor has the favor of God, but the wealthy has just His wrath
-Every rich is corrupted
-Money is the source of all evil
-If you want something, you have to sweat for it
-Rich people are thieves
-Every bad thing is summarized in one word: money
-Every bad thing is the fault of the cursed money
-Poverty is what pleases God
-Nothing in life comes for free
-That guy isn't happy (everytime they read or hear about a wealthy person)
-If God gives it to him, then Saint Peter bless it to him
-Only the lucky one gets rich

Also, the many poorly planned attempts that my father did in order to establish a business always ended in disaster. Many times he had so many debts that he couldn't pay and we almost lose everything. Looking back at his attempts, I know that they were irresponsibly done and ill-planned, but they are working against my own financial freedom. This is evidently material for the NHG.

Now I have a few questions.

I think I read soemwhere that I need to listen to the coach sessions many times before listening to the paraliminal, to listen to the coach sessions until it gets boring. Is that true? I haven't read it in the manual yet, maybe it is not necessary.

How could I apply the NHG for proverbs? Are they material for another paraliminal? Let's say, Belief? (I don't remember if Belief is part of Ideal Mindset, but it seems a natural choice for this course)

I mentioned above that part of my emotional problems with money come from the ill-attempts that my father did about businesses. Should I recall every single one of those attempts and how I was affected and apply the NHG to them separately? or could I take the whole issue as a whole for the NHG?

Today I downloaded the current issue of Investor's Business Daily (IBD) and transcribed the new quotes to my tracking list. It is still too early to make any good decision on a possible move, but it is worthwhile to note that I have been doing this daily and I have not skipped any day since I started. I added a new commodity to the list today. I still have to add the quotes from previous IBDs for it, but I bet it will not be any problem. I'm still enthusiastic about all this on commodity trading. But looking at past occurrences of similar enthusiasms, I can foresee the day in which this enthusiasm will burn out and all this will get boring and hard to follow. It's on that time that I will need something more to avoid quitting. It must develop into a habit. What about some Sedona Method stuff here? "I allow myself to continue tracking commodities".

All this got me a hard feeling inside my chest; excuse me, I'll do some releasing now. See you on my next note.

#6824 11/06/03 04:36 PM

I don't have the New History Generator but I do have the Belief tape. I suspect that the NHG is all you need.

As for applying them to the proverbs, it depends on how you feel about them and not on what they say. If you feel they are true or believe they are true then you have beliefs that will limit your acquiring wealth.

If you believe strongly in all of these things, and all of your self-improvement is directed towards personal wealth, then yourself will save you from heading down that horrible path.

This may not be the only set of limiting beliefs you have, but they are the ones you've shared. You should examine your beliefs. Query your safe as to how valid they are. Are the completely and always true. Do the have an idea of truth. Do they describe the world from a certain perspective. Do they have to be true, or are they only often true.

The answers are only important in so much as you believe them. Refine the proverbs to your actual beliefs. Then if you can visualize your success within those beliefs, then you can proceed with confidence. If you can't then you have to decide how to proceed. How will you bring your desires and beliefs into alignment so that you can be happy?

Just some rambling thoughts on your post. I hope you find something of value.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#6825 11/06/03 04:53 PM

Take one of those beliefs and twist it around. For example, Every rich is corrupted.

Corruption empowers, and absolute corruption empowers absolutely. If you want to be a self-empowered individual with lots of personal power, being rich will make things easier for you.

#6826 11/10/03 01:15 PM
OP Offline

Today, I came up from bed with a feeling of competence and adequacy to complete a course on finances. Why is this important? Because my past experiences with the finance fields make me feel inadequate and incompetent on that field. During the weekend I did two sessions with the NHG; one about requesting a loan and another one about those feelings of inadequacy.

Development Goal Statement:
Being free of many barriers, fears and taboos about money. Open a new horizon of opportunities that will enrich my field of possible new attitudes and/or options available to me that will lead me to be financially free.

Feeling for the session:
I feel less than adequate to complete the futures course.

Goal for the session:
I want to be more calm and confident in order to be better able to complete the futures course.

So this is the result, it is a small feeling, maybe will need more sessions or a session with Prosperity in order to solidify it, but I'm on it. After the NHG session I felt the spontaneous release of some feelings. That's odd, during an entire year doing release, I've never experienced "forced release", this felt as if those feelings were forced to be released.

As I said, I also did a session about requesting a loan. This is because I foresee that I might need a loan in order to begin my trading account. It is not for now, but it's part of those feelings that keep myself from going forward. Since in this goal I've also done some release, I'm not sure about how much of the change is due to NHG and how much to SM. I only can say that the results are more visible than the other goal's. I feel confident, even joyous about the idea of getting a bank loan in order to begin. But my current goal does not consider opening an account, it is only for completing the futures course; the bank loan is for a future goal, a followup of the present major goal. I deemed necessary to attend that problem now because it is somehow paralizing and I judged it adequate to face it now. Maybe the obvious good results are due to the combination of both the NHG and SM.

I still have other issues that I want to attend with NHG:
-I fear to lose my capital
-I feel inadequate for doing commodity trades and I wonder if I'll be able to prosper. (I have been doing some release on this one, so I no longer feel that much inadequate, but I still plan to do NHG.)

So in this weekend I learnt that maybe by combining NHG and SM I can get better results or maybe I can get results more quickly than by using NHG alone. I may need to experiment more in order to confirm the results. And I wonder what results I would get if I combine SM,NHG and Prosperity. That'd be interesting.

#6827 11/12/03 02:08 PM
OP Offline

It seems to me that I'm losing momentum. I hasn't done anything for a couple of days and I got a bad experience yesterday that got me down. I need to recover before I lose the good small progress I have made.

#6828 11/12/03 03:27 PM

About procrastination... the only thing that works for me is: NIKE - just do it. No questions. Just do it. Don't let yourself talk yourself out of it. As soon as a goal comes to mind, and you know that you want to do it - do it! Rush out of the door if you have to go somewhere, just open the book and read or throw on that paraliminal tape. That's the best thing for me. Just do it! When I'm not in time to be in the way I'm not. Easy and perfect.

Just do it!

#6829 11/12/03 04:18 PM

I just want to point out that it is the LOVE of money that is harmful. There is nothing wrong with wanting to provide better for your family, to have money is good. I believe that it is better for people to be rich who care about their fellow man than those who don't.

Best of Luck,
Bruce

#6830 11/13/03 06:29 AM

Betsemes, ups and downs are natural. They are not a sign of a loss of momentum. If you a looking a creating a big change in your life, then you can expect big ups and downs. In fact, you should be happy to see them occurring. They are a sign that you are making the transition.

Remember the universe is rewarding you with feedback. Understand that these experiences are necessary for you to be what you want to be. Your journey may have many more experiences than you had hoped, but you'll be richer for the more interesting journey.

You are heading in the right direction. Don't go changing your direction to one of expecting failure in your life.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved