Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#6831 11/14/03 04:28 AM

Betsemes...I read your recent posts with interest; it seems that you and I share a common "goal"--achieving financial independence through the medium of trading commodity futures-- and a belief that a change in circumstances is possible through study of methods to rearrange one's "mental furniture"

I have acquired the PhotoReading, Memory Optimizer, and (most recently) Natural Brilliance offerings of LSC, and can sincerely empathize with your feelings concerning procrastination...I've been thus far unable to "activate" any technical tomes, have difficulty remembering my *own* name, and rue the fact that over the last 50(mumble) years I've destroyed (perhaps) a trillion brain cells

Having said all this, although I am certainly not an expert in the field of self-improvement, I *have* spent many $K on the subject over the years and *still* possess the core belief that "the answer" lies within. IOW, you may find in me a kindred spirit in *your* search. (BTW...loan for trading account = bad idea).

Over the next few months, I'm going to be sharing my experiences with my (22 year old) daughter who's about to graduate from Texas A&M without prospects for a job. I don't know how old *you* are, but your writing style suggests that you are *many* more than my 15 or so years to "retirement age". For these reasons, I applaud your decision to use this forum as a "diary"...there are several *very* helpful and knowledgeable folks hereabouts; I would happily share what I think I know about futures trading.

"the first step is easy...try not to trip on the second one, though"

#6832 11/14/03 02:36 PM
OP Offline

Thanks for all the feedback. The bad experience I mentioned at my Nov12 post was unrelated to my goal of achieving financial independence. It was of personal nature and it got me depressed. I've already managed to almost put it behind me by using a lot of SM+HS and the NHG. I've already retaken my goal of financial independence.

dbswinford
It's good that there is one that is going to trade commodities (maybe already doing so). About my writing style, it is important to note that English is not my first language, I don't have good command of it. So my writing style is heavily influenced by the internet. But if by "retirement age" you mean some age near 70, then I'm twice as far as you from it. But I never have had any plan on retirement, I have accounts for retirement (IRA) at the company where I work, but I don't really think on retirement. If it depended on me, I'd continue my productive life "forever", something that I expect to do by achieving financial freedom.

I don't know if you know the answer to this question, but here it goes. I take the futures quotes from the Investor's Business Daily (IBD) and there is some detail that's bothering me. Sometimes there is a (...) where it should be a price or a change. I don't know what it means. Do you know?

fritz10000000
I know that money is not bad in itself, but I have to change my own attitudes in order to really break free.

Iam2
Thanks for the detail that ups and downs are signs of a transition. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks.

#6833 11/14/03 10:40 PM

Dbswinford, I see you are a commodities trader. What system have you developed over the years to effective trade the markets? Are you long term, short term, or day trader? What are your favorite markets at this time? My last question is where did you learn how to trade the markets? Thanks and best of trades to you.

#6834 11/15/03 03:57 AM

bhenry & Betsemes:
Folks, I would be happy to discuss (until, and indeed *past* boredom) my commodity trading efforts, but perhaps that should be done offline...my email is available on my posts, I think. I would even be happy discussing geophysics, what the heck

Those who either possess or profess and interest in the subject should be aware of the following, however:

1) I consider myself as an example of what *shouldn't* be done, rather than as an "expert". I offer no recommendations other than sources of information *I* have deemed useful.

2) When I was a young man, I decided that I would do everything exactly the *opposite* of the way my parents taught me, because I thought that *everything* they were trying to teach me was BS. In retrospect, I should have gone "orthogonal"...I have recently come to believe that what our parents try to teach us is 100% in line with their beliefs, but only 20% still relevant to or descriptive of the world *this* generation lives in. To explain further, let me share the following: I was born in 1952...in the 1950's, the common belief was "Made in Japan == knockoff piece of crap that will disintegrate before your very eyes if you dare look cross-eyed at it". Given this background, do you think I will suggest to my daughter that she buy a Toyota...or that I will *ever* even *consider* buying a Camry?

3) Spam is, uhmmm..."frowned upon"---watch your back if you think I'm an easy mark.

BTW, Betsemes...I apologize if my comment concerning your writing style was construed as a criticism. What I meant to convey is that your prose showed an energy and enthusiasm typical of a young man with more opportunities in front than behind. This is something that is tough to "fake" and hard to miss... a topic more worthy of envy than critique.

I believe the (...) simply means "no change". For example the Open,Hi,Lo,Close on Apr 30, 2003 for Sept Corn were (repectively) 231.75,232.00,230.25,231.25 and on May 1st they were 232.25,233.50,231.00,231.25 On May 1st, the "Change" column contained "..." because the close (231.25) on the 1st was identical to the close on the 30th.
[This message has been edited by dbswinford (edited November 14, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by dbswinford (edited November 15, 2003).]

#6835 11/17/03 03:45 PM
OP Offline

This weekend I did another NHG session.

Development Goal Statement:
Being free of many barriers, fears and taboos about money. Open a new horizon of opportunities that will enrich my field of possible new attitudes and/or options available to me that will lead me to be financially free.

Feeling for the session:
I fear to lose my capital

Goal for the session:
I want to feel confident that I will not lose all of my capital by practicing a strict risk management policy.

It seems that I'd need another session on this, I don't notice any effect.

This session was one of the issues that I had wrote about on my Nov10 post. This weekend I came out with another one. Some years ago, my father accused me of being a "bad son" just because I used my money on something he disagree with. I know that he really has no business on this, but that gave me feelings of guilt when I plan something to do with my own money. That's material for NHG, this time a specific memory.

I'm going slower than how I would want.

quote:
BTW, Betsemes...I apologize if my comment concerning your writing style was construed as a criticism. What I meant to convey is that your prose showed an energy and enthusiasm typical of a young man with more opportunities in front than behind. This is something that is tough to "fake" and hard to miss... a topic more worthy of envy than critique.

Oh, sorry for misinterpreting you. Maybe I have faced life on a different light than many people have done. I still see long years before me despite the fact that I see my youth going away; as I said, I never really consider retiring. And I hope to revert aging. But right now it is not top priority, so it can wait. Thanks for your assessment on the (...) of the commodity futures quotes of the IBD, I had already figured that out, but I wasn't sure.

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited November 17, 2003).]

#6836 11/19/03 01:48 PM
OP Offline

Yesterday I did another session with NHG. The following were the goals for it:

Being free of many barriers, fears and taboos about money. Open a new horizon of opportunities that will enrich my field of possible new attitudes and/or options available to me that will lead me to be financially free.

Negative memory for the NHG session:
Some years ago, my father accused me of being a "bad son" just because I used my money on something he disagree with. I know that he really has no business on this, but that gave me feelings of guilt when I plan something to do with my own money.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel free and confident on using my money for what I judge better.

What I will be able to achieve with the new positive emotion:
I'll invest easily and confidently having the confidence that I have to answer only to myself about what I do with my money.

Today I noticed that I don't feel guilty about thinking on doing whatever I want to with my money, again I feel that feeling of joy on thinking that I'm free to invest.

As I progress with the NHG, I come out with new negative emotions that are influencing negatively on me. When I was a teenager, we moved to my parents' town of origin. There, my father tried to established a business instead of going to find a job, as anyone would do. This was the darkest period that I remember. My father was drowning on debts and he was constantly on a terrible mood. He insisted on us to "worry" about the situation. I know that worrying without being able to solve is utterly pointless, but he wanted us to keep worrying with him about a situation we (his children) couldn't solve. The need to worry is just pointless and hindering, and I need to grow beyond it. There is a specific moment that I remember in which he was whinning about us for not worrying about our financial situation; but I know that it was not the only one. That's definitely material for NHG.

Yesterday, I was plnning to advance the course to Prosperity on this week, but I'm still on NHG and new issues come out everyday. It seems that I will not be able to complete this stage this week.

#6837 11/20/03 02:49 PM
OP Offline

Goals for New History Generator.
This post is a special one. It will not remain the same and I will be editing it frequently in order to reflect the status of my use of the NHG. I will be adding new NHG sessions to it as I come up with new ones.

1)
Feeling for the session:
I feel less than adequate to complete the futures course.

Goal for the session:
I want to be more calm and confident in order to be better able to complete the futures course.

I will be able to successfully complete the futures course.

Done with good results. Need Prosperity sessions in order to enhance the results. Item closed.

2)
Feeling for the session:
I feel fear and anxiety on the idea of having to request a bank loan in order to open a trade account. I have a memory of when I first knew about the serious debt problem my father had. The bank was about to take our house away as payment.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel confident that I can request a bank loan in order to open a trade account.

I will be able to easily get a bank loan in order to open a trade account if I decide that it's necessary.

One of the most successful sessions. The day after I felt confident and even joyous on the idea of requesting a bank loan. Closed.

3)
Feeling for the session:
I fear to lose my capital. My father once was close to lose our home to the bank due to debts that he couldn't pay.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel confident that I will keep my capital by practicing a strict risk management policy.

I will be able to invest with confidence.

I now feel confident. Item closed.

4)
Feeling for the session:
I feel inadequate for doing commodity trades and I wonder if I'll be able to prosper.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel confident that I'm capable to do commodity trades and I'm able to prosper.

I will be able to build a large capital and be financially successful.

Feel confident. Item closed.

5)
Some years ago, my father accused me of being a "bad son" just because I used my money on something he disagree with. I know that he really has no business on this, but that gave me feelings of guilt when I plan something to do with my own money.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel free and confident on using my money for what I judge better.

I'll invest easily and confidently having the confidence that I have to answer only to myself about what I do with my money.

I didn't feel guilty about thinking on doing whatever I want to do with my money, and I felt a feeling of joy on thinking that I'm free to invest. I've closed this item and have already done a Prosperity session that expands on these results.

6)
My father insistence on us to "worry" about our financial situation.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel confident that I will be able to find a solution and implement it to whatever problem or situation that might arise on my venture on the futures market.

I will be able to face any financial challenge effectively and confidently by finding and applying solutions.

Closed.

7) There were times when my father got angry and called us names. One of his favorites by when I was very young was something like "piece of ****". I remember two or three of those moments. You could imagine how this can influence on the self-esteem of a little child. Now I feel the weight of all those moments in the form of low self-esteem and general insecurity.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel confident and a high self-esteem by knowing that I'm of great value and capable of big good things.

I will have enough self-esteem in order to accomplish anything I set my mind on including completing the futures course, trade futures and achieving financial independence.

Done. Did a session with Self-Esteem Supercharger too. I feel good now on this topic.

8) This one is very similar to the previous one. There were times when my father got angry and called us names. One of his favorites by when I was not so young and until relatively recently was something like "you're worth nothing". He used to say so when he was drunk. This works as a followup of the previous one (the "piece of ****" one). Now I feel the weight of all those moments in the form of low self-esteem and general insecurity. The goal for this is exactly the same as the goal for the previous one, I wonder if I could be able to combine both of them into one. They are not the same memories though.

Goal for the session:
I want to feel confident and a high self-esteem by knowing that I'm of great value and capable of big good things.

I will have enough self-esteem in order to accomplish anything I set my mind on including completing the futures course, trade futures and achieving financial independence.

Done with the SESC. Close.

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited December 22, 2003).]

#6838 11/20/03 02:55 PM
OP Offline

Goals for Prosperity.
This post is a special one. It will not remain the same and I will be editing it frequently in order to reflect the status of my use of Prosperity. I will be adding new Prosperity sessions to it as I come up with new ones.
1) This is a followup of the (5) NHG goal.
Goal:
I want to feel absolutely free and confident on using my money for what I judge better, answering only to myself.

Ideal situation:
To have an indestructible confidence on what I do is the right thing to do and deeming as completely worthless any criticism that I judge irrelevant as a counsel while taking into consideration those relevant ones.

Can I have that ideal right now?
Absolutely YES!!!

Three sessions done. Closed.

2) This is a followup of the (3) NHG goal.
Goal:
I want to feel absolutely confident that I will keep my capital and make it grow by practicing a strict risk management policy.

Ideal situation:
To be calm and confident on any situation of losing money, knowing that I will win much more on other commodities.

Yes.

Three sessions done. Closed.

3) This is a followup of the (1) NHG goal.
Goal:
I want to be absolutely confident that I'm competent in finances in order to complete the futures course.

Ideal situation:
To feel safe and confident in dealing with educational material that deals with finance and money-making strategies and being able to easily learn from it.

Yes.

Three sessions done. Item closed.

4) Prosperity on earning money and being financially free.
Goal:
I want to be financially free.

Ideal situation:
Having a big source of income that could enable me to meet all of my needs and those of the ones directly or indirectly dependent on me and eneble me to have money to have all what I want; a big house, a personnel force to maintain my house, cars, boats, airplanes, etc.

Yes.

5)
Goal for the session:
I want to feel absolutely confident that I'm capable of doing commodity trades and I'm able to prosper.

Ideal situation:
To free to engage the futures markets and make them work for me in order to get financial freedom.

Yes.

6)
Goal for the session:
I want to be able to get the necessary money to start a trading account.

Ideal situation:
Having more than enough money to make a good start on my trading account. Tens of thousands would be good. Hundreds of thousands would be better. Millions would be even better.

There is some resistance, have to clear this up. (This was cleared up and the answer was yes, but this part never was updated, my fault.)

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited January 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited January 30, 2004).]

#6839 11/20/03 02:58 PM
OP Offline

I have created two centralized lists, one for the goals for the NHG and another one for the goals for Prosperity. Scanning my printout of the thread, I realized that it was hard to find some specific goals and it felt too disorganized. I hope this will correct the problem.

Yesterday I did the (4) NHG goal session. I feel a positive change in my feelings about prosperity.

I also began the Prosperity stage. The manual says that it comes after rewriting my history, so I was waiting until I finish with all my memory and emotional issues. But I feel that I can apply prosperity right after noticing changes on my history on whatever goal. So I stepped forward to do a prosperity session to follow up the results with one of my NHG goals. I hope this is fine.

While I was reviewing my goal for the NHG session, I realized that all of my goals began with the "I want to..." phrase. That's because I copied the goal style that the section on goal settings gave. Those words reminded me the Sedona Method course, specifically, the section on letting go the wants; e.g. wanting to drink, wanting to hit the boss on the head, wanting to eat, wanting to smoke, etc, etc. even letting go the positive ones. Hale said something like wanting has the feeling of lack. If we want confidence, then it means that we don't have enough of it, if we want to be loved, then we feel like we are not loved enough, etc. By letting go the want we feel more like having it.

So I began to release the want that the goal stated, "I want to feel confident that I'm capable to do commodity trades and I'm able to prosper", before the NHG session. Well, since a couple of days ago, I have been feeling increasingly good about all this on commodity trading, so I don't know exactly if that release had any great impact on the result, but I can say that there is a clear result present.

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited November 20, 2003).]

#6840 11/21/03 05:58 PM
OP Offline

Yesterday I did the (3) NHG goal from the Nov20 post. Now I notice a change, there is no fear. I'll move on to Prosperity for this goal.

It's funny that at my first post on this thread, I told that I had a tape titled "Financial Freedom" and that it's a minicourse that's a followup of the Sedona Method course. Well, I knew that I never had used it, and since it is relevant to my current major goal, I decided to give it a try. It was still wrapped with its plastic cover, I never even had unwrapped it!! Well, it seems to be very good in managing the emotional blockages we could have about money. I'd be using it daily since it is so easy to follow.

It basically applies several approaches on using the Sedona Method that are taught in the course, one funny one is applying to money the clean up procedure that's designed for people. One thing that I found ironic is that I was asked to allow myself to have only feelings of love and acceptance to money as part of that cleanup procedure. That sounds odd since love for money is the most common definition of greed; but having taken the Sedona Method course, I know that what is referred to here is some very different kind of love. It's something liberating instead of something binding. And the approach of letting go of the resistances that we could have learnt over the years about money seems an obvious one and even so it is so easy to overlook. A very very interesting tape.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved