Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#6851 12/17/03 12:25 AM

BETSEMES,

Having read your posts what comes across to me is of a person anxiously trying really hard to improve yourself. That's commendable. You have had a taster of everything that's going. Yet you still seem anxious for more. I could be well wrong on this but that's how it seems to me.

See more below . . . .

[This message has been edited by solutions-r-us (edited December 16, 2003).]

#6852 12/17/03 12:30 AM

You said that you "Failed" at photoreading. You didn't fail, you simply did not achieve what you wanted within the timeframe you gave yourself. You only fail when put a time limit to something.

The Photoreading techniques have worked really well for me but I cannot "photoread" yet. However, I enjoy my books much more and I am more focussed on reading than I ever was before .

If you get a headache when using Natural Brilliance and Hoyosync then just use ONE of them. The NB book has a section where you list your achievements.

My advice is similar to Davio above. Chill Out. Life is for living. Not for putting a tick on a check list of things achieved. Sure, they can be important but not every minute of the day. Maybe reflect once a week and then go "wow I achieved all this"

That's the feeling I get when I walk up a mountain. I don't look back all the time; only so often and say, "Wow look how far we have come"

Regarding Paraliminals: They, in themselves will not work. You do the work - they help, but you still have to do it. I remember reading something somewhere about this but I cannot find it this late at night (00:25 in the UK) Actually, I think it is in the NB Book.

So Chill Out - Live life, enjoy the things around you, love the people near you and reflect occasionally.

If you want to talk outside this BB then email me.

#6853 12/17/03 02:53 PM
OP Offline

dovio and solutions-r-us, thanks for the feedback.

solutions-r-us
I think you are misinterpreting some things. On my post I mentioned Natural Brilliance, the paraliminals from Ideal Mindset that I'm doing now, Practical Freedom, and Photoreading; but I didn't say that I'm taking all of them right now. As I said, NB is for the weekends when I could find the time and if I find it, Photoreading and Practical Freedom are scheduled to do after I'm finished with Ideal Mindset, in a previous post I mentioned Dream Play, but that's another thing that I do not do every day. In summary, I do realize that my posts can suggest that I'm doing too much and that I'm not taking time to enjoy, but most of it consists on plans for the future, something that you could name self-talk, and I'm really having time to relax and just live. It's just that this thread is a journal in which I'm recording my work on my goal for achieving financial freedom, and recording what I do beyond it would be out of context.

quote:
Regarding Paraliminals: They, in themselves will not work. You do the work - they help, but you still have to do it. I remember reading something somewhere about this but I cannot find it this late at night (00:25 in the UK) Actually, I think it is in the NB Book.

I very well know this. I set a goal and listen to the paraliminal, then my mind works to integrate the suggestions given by it. Remember that I'm taking the Ideal Mindset course that relies heavily on paraliminals. It has a coaching session for each paraliminal (6 paraliminal sessions) that we ideally listen before listening to the paraliminal itself. It has the most detailed information on the concerned paraliminals that I ever have listened to or read anywhere. In the Prosperity coaching session, Paul says that usually one to three listenings are enough in order to put things in motion for integrating the goal; I have been adjusting my usage of the paraliminals as I learn from the Ideal Mindset course. So I understand what paraliminals are about and what is my part in using them or at least I'm learning my part. One thing I heard on one of the tapes is that if I attempt to check if the paraliminals are working too often (or maybe too early), then it can interfere with the work of my inner mind on integrating my goal; so I stopped looking for changes everyday. It all summarizes on the work that my inner mind is doing as a result of listening to the paraliminals.

quote:
If you get a headache when using Natural Brilliance and Hoyosync then just use ONE of them. The NB book has a section where you list your achievements.

It's not exactly a headache, but I don't know exactly how to describe it. Yes, I'll do one of them the next time.

dovio

quote:
Although you call it procrastination I believe you hide behind the fact that you are procrastinating, because that feels safer to you. Nelson Mandela put it well when he wrote about people being more afraid of success than failure.

I don't know how you think so. I have to ask you to expand on this. How or why do you think I'm still procrastinating? I don't see your point unless you are stating what I have already said from the beginning and that I'm working to breakthrough it. That's the entire point of this thread; to grow beyond my procrastination problem and step into financial freedom. So again I need to ask you to expand. What am I procrastinating? What success do you think I'm hiding from?

quote:
To be free stop wanting two diametrically opposed things at once.

I'm experimenting with polarities if you know what it is. Maybe by putting the wants to succeed and wants to fail into a polarity, it will do the trick.

#6854 12/18/03 05:24 AM

Just thinking a bit..
Financial freedom.
I wonder who feels ‘more’ free.

The person who has nothing and sleeps on the streets but worries not and enjoys the days (remember Buddha was to be a prince and left financial freedom for poverty!!!)

Or the person who has lots of money tied up in shares and property and has a flash car parked outside but was scared to park the car next to a "bomb of a car" in case it got scratched.

Don’t get caught up in judging things and labelling things when I talked about procrastination I was talking about it like a symptom of a disease people far too often try to treat the symptom and that was never the problem, its just what shows up.

I commend you for pushing threw with your goal.

#6855 12/18/03 02:43 PM
OP Offline

quote:
Just thinking a bit..
Financial freedom.
I wonder who feels ‘more’ free.
The person who has nothing and sleeps on the streets but worries not and enjoys the days (remember Buddha was to be a prince and left financial freedom for poverty!!!)

I am not well versed on the life of Buddha, but I have known about many examples of people that just didn't regard wealth as something desirable.

quote:
Or the person who has lots of money tied up in shares and property and has a flash car parked outside but was scared to park the car next to a "bomb of a car" in case it got scratched.

In other words, who is more free, the one that doesn't have anything and doesn't worry about it or the one that has riches and has all his/her heart attached to them. Of course, the one who has nothing is freer. Yet it is possible to have wealth and be free at the same time. Who could be more happy than the one who love his neighbor and do something to aleviate his/her suffering? The one who helps the poor? The one who attends the sick so s/he receives the medical attention s/he needs? The one who gives without looking to receive it back? Those that have nothing could maybe support them emotionally and spiritually, but their hands are tied in other respects. The one that has riches can help much more.

My bottom line is; it is better to be free and be able to help the needy than just be free for oneself and nobody else.

I have known about this philosophy before as the ultimate ego-free state, but I cannot see it that way. I see the one that seeks to be free for himself and no one else as egotistical as the one that wants all his riches for himself. You may agree or not.

#6856 12/18/03 07:56 PM

I have truly started to believe that the one who creates success to others and through this act to her self, is the winner, the one who others follow. This is difficult to achieve of course and we might get sceptic on the way to this, but still we should seek for it. We have all the good tools by LSC to achieve this... I just came from enjoying the Return of the King... so donīt tke this seriously...

Financial freedom is my target!

Cheers :-)

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited December 18, 2003).]

#6857 12/20/03 12:49 AM

I do agree

BUT every now and then i look at the world as ah huge micro organism! There is always a balance an equilibrium. We see people die and yet people born the same day. Huge natural disasters and people starving and we feel deeply for them.

Why this feeling and what is it.

We do a good thing for somebody and we feel better, is that why we do it.

Can we truly be altruistic?

Just playing devils advocate, but also with serious curiosity.

A book you might like. Rock your foundations only to make you stronger!!!
"the breakthrough experience"by Jon Demartini

Remember the stronger the breeze the stronger the trees

[This message has been edited by dovio (edited December 20, 2003).]

#6858 12/22/03 12:01 PM
OP Offline

quote:
Why this feeling and what is it.

We do a good thing for somebody and we feel better, is that why we do it.

Can we truly be altruistic?

You are voicing precisely what my pastor once said. When we love someone, we do good to him/her; why? Because if we don't, we feel terrible; and if we do, we feel good. Even those that seek the ultimate ego-free state, want to do so to feel good.

What do I think about this? Nobody is actually altruistic, at least when we see it under this light. Love is the core nature of humanity and love is egotistical; we do good to feel good. But I don't normally go to think to this level of detail about this. In the end there is not any true altruism. But what is closer to that ideal is doing good with love. Yet I think that that ideal of altruism is not human nature, so it would be counterproductive. My opinion.

#6859 12/22/03 05:09 PM

From this perspective the resiliency model is very good way to keep one self in condition while going to the disconfort area. I would like to have my three shaken due to the good that I have done.

I believe that when I do something that is good to an other person and/or the society, it will eventualy come back to me. It will eventualy shake my three, in good and/or in "bad".

Whether itīs bad, itīs a matter of my perception. In this way, the resiliency model is realy good since it encourages us to live fully. At least it has had this impact to me.

Isnīt love the glue that sticks us, each our sell and the universe together. I was thinking this a lot during the value session in the clear mind - bright future.

Also the model of interdependent living is realy well describing why itīs good to help others in order to make your self truly happy. Dependent -> Independent -> Interdependent.

I believe that the persons who stay on the level on independent has risk to fall and become dependent. We should seek for interdependence!

Cheers :-)

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited December 22, 2003).]

#6860 12/22/03 10:05 PM

LOVE
We all talk about it! what is it< could we ever know

in the new scientist they by using MRI equipment have placed love in this category, it is a combination of HUNGER and OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE. Its cool to think about it that way.

Many people say that all things have two extreme vices. In the middle is what you call love. Not good nor bad but LOVE!

Something that is good for you, getting a grat deal on a house $200000 cheaper than its worth is great for you in the good category but the person who is going bankrupt and that is why they are selling the house, BAD

A universal world perspective again, back to the world as a micro organsim, love is harmmony!

Can we show love by doing nasty deeds? once again what might be good for one person can be nasty for another.

I just read (PR of course)a great book on marketing, "The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing" If you want financial freedom and your in marketing this will help.

[This message has been edited by dovio (edited December 22, 2003).]

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved