Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

photoread4me,

No matter brain's quandaries I do think an ever sharper vocabulary is of 'extreme' importance.

brain Offline OP
OP Offline

Yup i am from the USA and yes photoread4me i just got your private message and i am going to read it after i finish writting this. I am almost 16 btw.

I photoread the entire dictionary and am trying to activate A-E

brain Offline OP
OP Offline

I just realized if my purpose for photoreading a dictionary is to understand the words and definitions. Skittering, super read and dip would be a pain because it would be alot of reading.

Originally Posted By: brain
I just realized if my purpose for photoreading a dictionary is to understand the words and definitions. Skittering, super read and dip would be a pain because it would be alot of reading.

here this pain = defeat

That realization serves up less than, not doing it, wash out, flat-line with no heaven to soar up to...

Make it interesting, get excited, do not count the difficulty!
When Skittering, super read and dip becomes genuinely fascinating; then wallah you got the fire that lights up grand achievement.

Anything less, well generally less brings less and more secures more.

Bring on that pile of dictionaries!!!

Steve,

Really it came down to the tone he was using. Brain is obviously frustrated and the last thing he wants to hear is more of the same of what i, jacktuff13 and yukala have been saying all along this technology is not put it in the microwave ZAP! I have everything i need and i barely had to crack open a book.

I think Alex understood it very well when she said on one of her posts about brain probably not doing the course correctly.

Then on the most recent post brain wants if he can instantly get a answer to a mind-probing question it is like brain did you hear us at all? How many times do we have to say it? It is not going to change next week or next year what we have been saying and here brain comes again trying to see if he can get instant answers.

Photoread4me

Originally Posted By: Yukala
photoread4me,

No matter brain's quandaries I do think an ever sharper vocabulary is of 'extreme' importance.

Yukala,

I think vocabulary is very important and one should strive to always increase and better their vocabulary but i do not think building a stronger vocabulary is the solution to brain's problem i think brain needs to stop talking and simply do the course and the exercises in the personal learning course.
Brain has said himself that he tends to talk a lot and i suggested to brain that if he wants so much to be such a great photoreader he should take up Alex's generous offer to help him out.

Oh by the way Yukala did you get any of the 3 private messages i sent to you. I sent one to brain and he said he never got it. I am trying to figure out is there a problem with the private message system or if you simply do not want to talk to me.

Photoread4me

Originally Posted By: brain

Brain,

Let's talk about purpose. Remember one of the components of a purpose is the so that i can do such and such. Why are you photoreading the dictionary so that you can do what? Tell me what is the reason you would want to know more words? While i think that is nice that you learn new words i do not think learning a bunch of new words is going to be the solution to learn photoreading. I think the solution to you learning how to photoread and activate is simply doing the course.

Vocabulary is very important and anytime you learn that is a positive thing but in your situation i think you simply need to do the course.

Photoread4me

Originally Posted By: photoread4me
Oh by the way Yukala did you get any of the 3 private messages i sent to you. I sent one to brain and he said he never got it. I am trying to figure out is there a problem with the private message system or if you simply do not want to talk to me.

Photoread4me

Nope, sorry have not received any, just an old welcome to the board message; always like a conversation too!!

Thanks,

Hi brain!!

Now knowing you are under the age of 16, I would give this counsel.

First, do not dismay at any seeming difficulty at this time in your life. It may come to be that these ideas are for you 'seeds' that you are planting. They will surely grow in you as what can be possible.

Be patient and understand that Photoreading etc is something that could take you far more effort than any of us who much older. Just the way it is, you get it in a day or you do not.

However, your body and brain are still growing and unfolding that continues through age 24.

So, it is what is for you being only 16, just nurture what you can and worry not about it.

brain Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey guys i am back. And I am not ignoring anyones ideas i am just gathering information and setting my bearings. I have still been doing manual activation and am currently working on the dictionary atm to build vocab.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved