Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Seasoned,

I never said anything at all about taking 4 years you are confusing my post with a post by Yukala. Yakala said the statement about taking four years.

In response to your question how could it be impossible?

If that is the case Seasoned why do we not have millions and millions of people instantly reading and studying and memorizing 900 page textbooks, 1300 page textbooks in minutes? Why don't we have people getting their master degrees and phd's in 6 months instead of 6 or 7 years? The reason that is not happening is because that is not reality. It is a nice dream, a nice fantasy but that is not the real world. Also the conscious mind was not designed to handle that type of load.

In regards to your comment about it is amazing what the brain can do can anyone determine it's limits? True it is amazing what the brain can do but i think you have to be realistic. Do this try memorizing a 1400 page dictionary in 1 hour. Let me know how it turns out. The truth is seasoned if that were possible people would have done it a long, long time ago.

Photoread4me

Brain,

Hearing what you want to hear? So if the information being presented to you does not particulary appeal to you, you just dismiss that information and tune out?

I think it very interesting your statement about hearing what you want to hear it sounds like selective hearing.

Brain, i wish you the best but i think you have wasted a lot of time pursing fantasties. It is a nice dream but trying to instantly remember everything in a book is very unrealistic and a poor study technique or strategy. Had you spent all the time you spent posting about wanting spontaneous activation had you spent that amount of time doing manual activation and doing the course as instructed you would have been well on your way.

Here is reality being able to get through a book in 1/3 of the time it would normally take you. If it took you 9 hours to get through a book with conventional reading with photoreading you could get through the book in 3 hours or less. If it took you 90 hours to get through a textbook with photoreading you could get through the textbook in 30 hours.

The good news is that you would be able to get through books faster and faster as you used the process however i think that is your problem you do not want to do the process or you insist on doing the process your way and ignoring a lot of great advice.

Photoread4me

There are LOTS of things that were possible LONG ago that people never did. Heck, people have scanned books long ago, but you don't hear much about it. The more you talk about photoreading, the more it sounds like just glorified scanning. And some people HAVE read books really fast with near perfect recall!

What if I said there was someone that "was able to memorize things from the age of 16-20 months. He read books, memorized them, and then placed them upside down on the shelf to show that he had finished reading them, a practice he still maintains. He reads a book in about an hour and remembers approximately 98.7% of everything he has read, memorizing vast amounts of information in subjects ranging from history and literature, geography, and numbers to sports, music, and dates. He can recall the content of some 12,000 books from memory."? BTW He uses BOTH eyes! NOT in unison as one unit like most people, but SEPERATELY! I put quotes around that because, someone else wrote it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Peak

OK, you will say he is not normal. OK, I will give you THAT. Still.....

Steve

Quote:
Steve, i never said that. You are confusing my post with a post by Yukala. Yukala said that statement about taking four years.

And I stand by this statement for these reasons:

'brain' is only 16 years of age.
And he wants more than to just PhotoRead, he wants what I call 'fire of mind' where you see it all at once as a conscious fire. The 5-9 bits processor be over-ridden.

However, he does need to grow and mature his physical structure and work hard in this direction so that in growing physically and mentally he will better accommodate such possibilities.

Seasoned,

Photoreading sounding like glorified scanning?

Why did you mention nothing about the other than conscious mind and exposing the book to the other than conscious mind?

You don't scan when photoreading. The whole point of photoreading is to get the conscious mind out of the way. The whole point is to get the other than conscious mind and the conscious mind working together. When you photoread the idea is to get the information from the book to the other than conscious mind. The other than conscious mind is way more powerful than the conscious mind. So you have the best of both worlds you have the other than conscious mind aiding or helping the conscious mind.

How did you make the determination of photoreading just being glorified scanning? Did you read or study about the other than conscious mind when reading the photoreading book or studying the photoreading personal learning course or did you study about the other than conscious mind and photoreading when you took the photoreading seminar?

If you did study and research about the photoreading step and the other than conscious mind i do not see how you can come to the conclusion of photoreading being glorified scanning.

Photoread4me

photoread4me,

BOTH work best when you have an idea of what you want.
BOTH can work at a fast speed with no real concious thought.
BOTH can bring back related points of interest, etc...
BOTH could be pretty much devoid of conscious effort.

Like brain, I hoped that that first item would not be as important with PR.

Steve

Seasoned,

Still i would like a answer to my question. What did you learn about the other than conscious mind when studying photoreading?

If you think that the other than conscious mind plays a part when a person is photoreading how can you can come to the conclusion of photoreading being glorifed scanning?

You make a statement that both could be pretty much devoid of conscious effort and you make a statement both can work at a fast speed with no real conscious thought. How are you going to tell me that when a person superreads and dip that there is no real conscious thought. The person definitely has a conscious thought they are consciously trying to locate information. Devoid of conscious effort? When a person is trying to locate information in a book how can you say that is devoid of conscious effort. It has everything to do with conscious effort.

When you say both i take that to be both the conscious mind and the other than conscious mind.

When you say like brain, i had hoped that the first item would not be as important with photoreading tell me what is that really all about? You guys don't want to have to make any effort at all? You want things to just come to you served on a platter with little or no effort on your part? I am totally for studying more effectively, more efficiently that is just plain smart to use the best strategies and techniques available but to really excel in school and in life there is a certain amount of effort that is required. Much progress has been made in technology and science when you look in terms of thousands of years and still we have much room for improvement. I have not read or heard of anyone going through thousands of pages of complex textbooks in seconds or minutes and knowing absolutely everything in the textbook with little or no effort on their part.

Photoread4me

Originally Posted By: seasoned
photoread4me,

Steve

From a possible scientific point of view I wonder if the principle as in so out applies, especially as to the last point; 'BOTH could be pretty much devoid of conscious effort'

What I mean the less conscious effort in and so too you must match it by consciously accepting a mere whisper to get it coming out.

Another more direct explanation; the more 'effort to activate' is matched by more effort or matched intensity by the supra-conscious to give it back.

Yukala,

Seasoned's comments;

Unquote

I think the key word here is balance. I do not believe in effort just for effort's sake. I think way too much effort is just as counterproductive as little or no effort. My perception based on brain's posts and all the best to brain i wish him well, my perception is that brain wanted to be able to go through massive textbooks with little or no effort and be able to know everything in the textbook with litte or no effort.

I think you get what you put into it. You put little or practically nothing you get very little. You put a lot into it you get a lot more but the key again balance you reach the point of diminishing returns if you go overboard.

Take care.

Photoread4me

Yep, master 'balance' and all things are yours, including whole universes!

Cheers!!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved