Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68909 10/06/08 08:36 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Hi everyone!

We have full house here in Minnesota for the fifth Learning Strategies Spring Forest Qigong Retreat. Wish you were here. It is a phenomenal experience.

The energy is very strong, and Chunyi recommends that you connect with it during your practice this week. At the beginning of your meditation or practice session simply make the intention to connect in with the energy of the retreat. You might even imagine that you are here with us. See how you notice the difference. We’re doing meditation early every morning, at noon, before dinner, and after dinner, but you can tune in any time. (Right now Chunyi is demonstrating us special techniques for helping people heal from level 2—I’m sitting in the back of the room. He's howing how to help remove headaches.)

Yesterday morning Chunyi talked about chronic pain and how it is so often associated with inflamed or long held emotions. He said you can release these emotions by practicing forgiveness of yourself, everyone you interact with, and every situation.

He said lower back pain often involves emotions surrounding relationships. The left side is associated male energy, and the right side female energy. Forgiveness helps clear the information, which heals the area.

Shoulder pain often relates to not receiving the support you want or need from others. Again, forgiveness is key. And forgive everything. He says it is not about forgetting about the past; just don’t focus on it. Open your heart and forgive. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Forgive with your full heart and soul. Let go. Surrender.

Chunyi says that whenever pain shows up in these areas of his body, he examines his life, opens his heart with forgiveness, brings light and heat to the area, and everything feels good.

Try it!

Pete

Uly Offline

Thanks Pete for posting the info on the retreat... I will try to join with the energies of the retreat during my SFQ practice for the week.

what date does the retreat end?

Keep us posted of what is happening during the week mate!!!

Cheers

Uly

Uly #68924 10/07/08 12:20 PM

Hi Pete
well - now I know why my meditations and practice and just general being have been so strong, energy wise this week. I was at the retreat in 2004 and I keep you guys in mind every year wishing I was able to be there for the phenomenal experience that I witnessed and more especially, experienced as you have described above - maybe next year.

Thanks for the tips from Chun Yi - it means so much to improve and expand our knowledge - keep them coming!!

Love, forgiveness and kindness to all
Desley

JETAY #68927 10/07/08 03:17 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Tuesday - Helping Others Heal

Morning Q&A

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Chunyi taught us a dozen quick Qigong tips that you can do anytime you have just a few seconds or a couple of minutes. You don't have to wait until you have 30 minutes for a full practice session. Here are a few that you can do right now:

* To help your spine, interlace fingers and push them together and pull them apart vigorously.

* To balance the body energy and help with diabetes, hold all five fingers together and tap on center point of the bone under your eyes. Use both hands to tap both eyes at once. Do this for 10 seconds to one minute.

* To help lower blood pressure, massage of ring and middle fingers of both hands in a downward motion for a couple of minutes.

* To cleanse the arteries, massage tip of your nose with palm of the hand.

The rest of the afternoon today will be devoted to the topic of enlightenment. (We surprised all of the retreat participants with a t-shirt printed in gold with the Chinese characters that mean enlightenment.)

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Break Time

Healing Requests Crystal Shell

Paul Scheele, our retreat Master of Ceremonies, taking down some notes to place on a PowerPoint slide for the participants.

Quan Yin Corner

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Teaching Assistant Led Breakouts...

Chunyi on Enlightenment...

Healing Practice, Practice, Practice...

Much Love, Shawn

Very cool, thanks for sharing the pics!!

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Wednesday - Food and the Body

"Qi"ssage

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Wednesday - Food and the Body

Outdoor Qigong Practice

Dinner

Much Love, Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2