Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

"It ain't what you write, it's how you market it!"

I fully agree. What I cannot reconcile is the marketing (and attached greed for money) versus the spirituality preached in the product. If a person is as spiritual as s/he tells s/he is, then once s/he hits like $10 million, there is no need to wanting more... real estate properties of such total value will yield enough rent money to support a much better lifestyle than these gurus had at the beginning of their usual "rags to riches" autobiographies they keep telling us about! They could just work for charity and donate all the money from their books to charity.

uniquesoul #69983 12/22/08 03:10 AM
OP Offline

You wrote: What I cannot reconcile is the marketing (and attached greed for money) versus the spirituality preached in the product

Absolutely! Now we're on the same page.

I often wonder, especially with these power Internet marketers, when enough is actually going to be enough. I mean how much money do you actually need? Maybe it has become a addiction.

I'd like more money than I have, because it would give me the freedom to do whatever I want, and still do the job that I love, but honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with 10 million dollars! I just don't need it.

You've got to hand it to J.K.Rowling actually, whom I believe wrote 'Beedle The Bard' in the spirit you suggest. As far as I know the entire proceeds are going to her favourite charity.

The point of the $10 mi is that with a 4% rate of return on real estate investment, you can make about $400K a year gross. Take taxes and some other expenses away, you should have $200K to live on. After that you can decide what you can do with your time as long as you keep the same lifestyle you had before the wealth came to you. Of course, maybe you can buy $1 mi mansion to live in.

Most personal development gurus play games with money, like Wayne Dyer did when he "left" all his wealth and went to live a modest lifestyle in Hawaii to learn about a new spiritual path. He did not get rid of his money, but left it to somebody to look after it for a year. I am sure he did not get himself a factory or a waiters job living in rented flat in a poor part of town.

The point I make is that all these gurus partially pretend they incarnate what they preach. The partially varies from 1 to 30%. I am always amazed why certain gurus get cancer, divorce, etc, if they are totally peaceful and accepting everything in life.

According to geriatrists, we are meant to live up 120 years old, but nobody does. We are living longer in average than in the past. However, why do these gurus live no longer than normal people if they have achieved enlightenment of sorts? I am sure most of them eat organic, exercise daily, meditate, etc.

uniquesoul #69986 12/22/08 04:19 PM

Actually, I'm going to test drive the basic edition of Effortless Success. Someone had it up for auction on eBay, and I was the only bidder--won it for about 1/3 the regular price, which seemed reasonable for a tryout. If I like it, I might go for one of the other editions.

Inchiki Gaijin, some of your comments reminded me of some satire pages I had set up at one time, oh, about 5 or 6 years ago. I had mimicked the style of some of those letters (and/or web pages) that go on and on implying, but not quite promising, etc. My "product" guaranteed literally untold millions instantaneously, with absolutely no effort whatsoever. I used the words "lost" and "secret" and "ancient" several times for effect, and then set up a link to the next satire page which explained the "program." Basically, it was--do nothing. Don't buy product xyz at $1200, ka-ching, you're $1200 ahead; don't buy the next one at $5000, and so on.

The kicker, though, was that I actually did get some emails (I think about 5 or 6) from some lost souls wanting to buy it. Had the hardest time explaining there was nothing to buy, and by the way, they just save a few more bucks, so now they're richer than ever!

\:D

Look at all the time you waste on tearing something apart.
You could use all your insightful energy to take what works for you and create a better life for your self........And or use the positive insights you find and teach, sell, give it to others....
EVERYBODY HAS THIER OWN UNIQUE GIFT TO SHARE .....I say take what you like and just ignore what you dont. Do you complain if you see a a mud puddle? Just walk around what doesnt work. Let everyone else decide what works for them and what doesnt.
May you find and enjoy all the best in life.....JV

What if the power that is said I dont need more than 10 apple trees? If you look at the universe it is endless....
The trees never stop producing food. THe sun never stops shining, the babies keep coming, I mean why stop creating money? If you can keep making money more power to you ....then you can help others obtain an ABUNDANCE MENTALITY then many problems can be corrected....porvety, war, crime, disease etc. I mean why not work torwards a wonderful world/ universe.....But of course if you have a fatalistic , armageddon, survival of the fittest type of paradigm you wont understand.

SUNBLOSSOM #70332 01/14/09 02:47 AM

HI SUNBLOSSOM, I LOVE YOUR PHILOSOPHY, ESPESCIALLY THE MUDPUDDLE. THANKS

airdale #70721 02/06/09 06:05 AM
OP Offline

Very New Agey response, Sunblossom, and largely unrealistic, if not inaccurate.

You wrote: 'If you look at the universe it is endless....' Incorrect. The universe can, and has been measured. It isn't infinite.

'The sun never stops shining' It will, when it goes super-nova and burns itself out. Hey, even that weird Tolle chappie knows that!

'The trees never stop producing food' They will when the sun turns super-nova, burns itself out and leaves the Earth floating lifelessly in this tiny corner of the finite universe.

'the babies keep coming' They do, and will do until the sun turns super-nova...I think you get the idea.

While being all New Agey is all nice and fluffy, we do live in a world that is based upon a survival-of-the-fittest mentality. Either that, or we must be on different planets, because Mother Nature where I live, is working according to a blueprint of evolution. Things are eaten by other, bigger, nastier, faster, and hungrier things. That's life. And whether you want to admit it or not, part of you lives in that world, even if the other part has its head in the clouds...or in the sand.

Am I tearing things apart? Maybe...maybe not. I like to speak out against things I don't agree with, as do you it seems, or your wouldn't have posted a reply to this thread...twice! Surely you've wasted your creative energy, and stepped with both feet into this muddy puddle.

I wonder how many more civilians would have perished in the resent conflict in Gaza if hte world had adopted your puddle mentality. It's all a question of perspective, I suppose.

Good grief, Inchiki, who poured vinegar on your wheaties?

Jeanne #70735 02/07/09 02:49 AM
OP Offline

LOL!

I do actually like vinegar.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved