Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#70386 01/17/09 08:32 AM
Uly Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi guys,
I have been doing energy healing for many years now on my mother (she has Lung failure) and more recently on my Dog "Chief" Who has one eye going blind, multiple lumps in his skin and bad arthritis in his back hips and on myself (Asthma and Chronic Fatigue syndrome). I got my Reiki Masters in 2001 and I started SFQ in march of 2008. I also have diplomas in Chinese Medicine, Qigong and Acupressure and have been trained in other systems of Spirtitual Healing.

Now I'm getting worried because with all the Reiki and Qigong I have done over the years I haven't seen any improvement in my mum or my Dog. I have had some improvement by doing the SFQ active exercises and Small Universe Meditations in myself. I thought I would have seen a big improvement in Both my Mother and my dog by now...with all the healing session I have done on them over the years in everything that i have been taught? In fact I see both my mother and Chief getting worse. Mum is losing faith in healing and her ever being healed now...and I am losing confidence in my own abilities as a healer.

I know all these systems that I have learnt work so I have to put it down to me not being able to heal them? I have very low energy because of my Chronic Fatigue and Asthma...Could that be a reason why they aren't healing? Maybe my energies just aren't strong enough yet? Also master lin says A person can heal others if they have a loving Heart....maybe I'm just not loving enough?

Any ideas?

I work on Mum and Chief nearly every day with some form of healing...Mainly SFQ. They seem to get some relief especially with Reiki but then all their symptoms come back.

I was hoping oneday to be a teacher in SFQ and treat people who are really sick and doctors can't do anything for...but I'm losing confidence in myself.

Cheers

Uly

Have you ever considered that some other aspects of your, your mother and your dog's lives could be counteracted by a large number of other factors, such as earth energy (check with Feng Shui, Dowsing), nutrition, prescription drugs or herbal remedies, etc? No matter how good you are as an energy therapist, if other forces are going against you, you will not see an improvement. Have you considered methods which allow you and your mother to let go of the past, eg Natural Brilliance, Sedona Method, etc? Have you looked at detoxification?

syl Offline

Have faith in yourself. I encourage you to continue your healing sessions.One step back , two steps forward. I see a loving daughter healing your Mom and Chief. How could you not have a loving heart.

Hi Uly,

Master Lin had a situation during his wife's illness, where he was so distraught he was afraid he wouldn't be able to heal her (in "Born A Healer"). He went to another healer for help. We all need help from outside ourselves now and then. Why not schedule a phone session (or more) and see if perhaps that will make a difference. A new service at SFQ is for animal healing. I'm sure there is a lesson in your situation that will make you a more effective healer. Keep us posted.

Hi Uly,
It would be helpful for you to revisit what the definition of a healer is, and what a healer can do. As a healer, there are many things you can do for others, and some things they have to do for themselves.

Regarding your future interests in teaching and helping other people, the blockages that you work with transforming in yourself, are perhaps your most valuable teachers. Gains made there can translate well in reference to working with others.
Not to discount the self healing that comes from helping others.

The best way to honor a system, or a way to do something, is to fully engage with it, and focus on it. Complete systems have the way to work with others, self practices and specific technique behind them, as well as related lineages/teachers/elders, and sometimes even well defined master's energies. I know that fully honoring and respecting one way, is very good. Every specific way should have it's own time, and should be fully empowered with your confidence in it, and ideally, find you fully engaged with the relative self practice behind it.

I also agree fully with sly's post, and regarding Skipper's post, I have certainly had times where outside perspective from a trusted and reliable source can be very helpful when I can't see the forest through the trees.
love,
gallen

To all,

My support and healing energies to you Uly and your Mum and beloved dog.
My thanks to those posting replies. I am reading your inputs and benefiting from them too. While I am working on my own skills and focus, I too wonder what I could be doing better to get the results I so much would like to see from my efforts to help others heal. As students we focus on the results as the "proff" we are gaining skills. We read of others' successes, but those success stories may not include retelling of their own process of the "two steps forward, one step back" - that someone's reply to Uly refered to. So while we newest students to SFQ work towards the day when we too can see, feel and hear the presence of the energy/of the light, reading the encouraging words and guidance from others is very rewarding.
Thank you for your questions Uly and thank you to all who have replied.
Growing Peace
Jamie

Jamie,
I never experienced two steps forward , one step back, in regards to the process itself. I do experience it relative to my relationship to the process. Too much thinking during a session, self observation, questioning, anticipating the end, and what message or words to say at the end that keeps who you are working on, from heading in a thinking direction that starts to undo what was cleared. Like wanting to say something firm and positive to seal the healing, or to keep them from looking for their blockage, to see if it is there yet or not, testing the qigong's worth...
One big thing for me, was beginning the session. I wanted to engage with the person I was helping immediately, go through my 'moves', and often didn't take the time to relax and make a deep connection to my master's energy. That can be very calming, clarifying and centering. There is no hurry, and complete trust in the process develops.
I consider the spiritual energy workings of a session the most important. Both my working with my master's energy, as well as my messages for the person I am working on. There is a nuts and bolts clearing of physical blockages that is very scientific/natural science/universal energy/straight forward, and also those deeper places, like the heart, or mind, where I want to put in understanding or blessings of a nature that help the person beyond the physical clearing I am doing. Especially if they aren't doing any work for themselves. I see my role more as a conduit to spiritual energy workings I may not see or feel in regards to trying to give that energy of understanding, or better self realizing to someone. I want them to wake up, understand, and self empower. Not, have their blockages, and me as their personal healer along with their blockages. So, I address this understanding for them both in the healing session as spiritual energy/messages/blessings, or as a teacher, around the conversations outside the session. In actual conversation, it takes time, maybe some years, to effectively realize and convey what you know to be wisdom, or the truth.
I feel it is most ideal, when someone asks for help, versus trying to prove or sell qigong in any way. Don't set yourself up for that. I would say that being extremely humble helps in many ways. It keeps you in a good relation/receptiveness to spiritual energies/blessings, as well as out of self analyzing. Humility puts you in awe, or in respect, in relation to spiritual energy, outside looking at self. You look at that energy, and you see this person to help, and you join the two together. It can be quite moving.
Unconditional love is a very high level of love. I've only experienced it once through a teacher's help , but I haven't ever been able to regenerate it on my own, to the degree I experienced 'it'. I intellectually know it from that experience.
It is above the specific karma in relationships. OFten I suggest to people to be more impartial when working on people you are close to. Unconditional love is an eternal relationship or connection we have between us, that is above the specifics or karma of particular relationships in this lifetime. There is a difference between working on your mother, or working on another human being, who also happened to come in as your mother this time around. A much higher overview of human experience. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the special closeness one has with 'family', and with that, I think it is best to then love unconditionally. The specifics dissolve in that.

If I work on someone, I like to reflect on the session afterwards, almost like a meditation. I know I am learning from the process. During the session, I don't want to focus on myself.
Afterwards, I look at the whole of it. Sometimes I feel like I am reading the energy again, or affirmations of energy goings on continue to reveal themselves, or I receive some insight..

Every session, every circumstance is different. Stay in the moment and go with that. Don't try to control things too much relative to expectations,,, stay light on your bubbling springs! One person may have one session, and bang, a tumor drops out on the floor and everyone says, "healed!". Another person my take years to clear something. Even the person who experiences the extreme success, still is responsible for their own health going forward, and in regards to the whole of theirselves. The tumor being just one piece of something.

Healing is not a fixed state that you accomplish. It is more a garden to tend daily. As a healer, you come into your friend's garden, and take out all the weeds, thin the rows, water, and put in good energy. You look at this great putting of things in order, and show your friend what is possible. Then, give them the hoe and the watering can. The next day, there will be new fruit to pick, more weeds, and more watering to do. yikes...a gardening qigong story!! time to go
love,
gallen

gallen,
I am very humbled by your reply! Thank you for your guidance. I am "digesting" your words and re-looking at myself. Your using a garden as an example is perfect for me. Horticulture has been my "contribution" aka my job, all my life. I will complete my reply in the coming week. I just wanted to let you know your thoughtful reply was read and "heard".
Thank you!!
Growing Peace
Jamie

You are welcome. It wasn't meant to overly influence you or humble you! Just sharing some experience that came to mind, inspired by your openly appreciative and positive post. -g

Uly Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks to all that replied \:\) I have quit my job to look after my mother full time. This should work better...I will have more time to do SFQ healin session on her and allso do more SFQ practice myself. I should be able to do 2 hours or more a day.

I will have a look at the fung shui of my house over the next few weeks, as I know that can be improved.I have done many methods of letting go of the past...so I will have another look at them and see if mum can do some letting go...as there will be heaps of emotions for her to let go of from the past. I will probably won't be able to buy any new methods of letting go as I will have to save my money now.

Yeah I think it will be a good Idea to bring in another healer in to help mum. We have tried mny healers in the past so I will have to keep looking for a good healer in the local area. Also I need one to come to our place as mum can't travel to them...but i will put it out to the universe and see what comes up.

I have talked to mum about a phone session to master lin. She wants to try but is very worried about the cost (calling America from Australia).

I will see in the next month if mum's condition improves due to the fact that I can practice SFQ more. Keeping my ears and eyes out for a healer to assist her situation to plus the other things I mentioned I will try to implement too.

Also I have noticed a slight improvenment in my Dog Chief. He normally gets on average every 2 weeks a really pain full headache. His skin under his eyes droops and you can tell he's been in pain. The vet said he gets bad headaches because of his (blind) eye. The tendons have come away from his eye and his eye floats in the socket in addition to it being blind. The vet wants to take out his eye.

He hasn't had a headache for atleast 5 weeks now. His eye from my point of view, doesn't seem to be floating anymore, and the cateract( whiteness on his pupil now comes and goes)it's not there all the time???

In one healing session on him I felt massive heat comeing from his crown area down to inbetween his eyes. I did SFQ healing on him to remove the heat...and to my surpise it went and I can now only feel it a tiny bit. So maybe it has worked on him to soem degree...hopeso.

Anyway I will keep doing SFQ, keeping my faith that healing will come to my mum and dog!!

Cheers

Uly

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved