Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#7097 01/12/04 07:56 PM
Eric_G Offline OP
OP Offline

Recently I participated in leadership training where we first learned how to juggle with three balls and then on next day couched this skill for annother person.

This was grate experience and later I wanted to have soft juggling balls at home also, just to throw them now and then.

I almost accidently started to throw the balls as fysical activity between meditation, photoreading, paraliminals, etc... it was unbelevable how quickly my juggling developed and still does.

Specialy after photoreading session usualy those tricks that I tried before photoreading where going through right after the session. Also it was so that I was not thinking about juggling while photoreading and vice versa. Also I recently noticed that somehow my typing with key board has developed while juggling.

So this is one idea I recommend to try, or perhaps something else which is requiring coordination. Itīs grate to learn juggling almost automaticly, just for free...

Annother good thing just happened automaticly, when I got broadband to home. I subscribed to Musicmatch Jukebox Radio and after this was able to listen much of the music that I listened 15, 10, or 5 years ago.

First I kind of thought that it's not good to listen and remember the old stuff. Usualy the music has had a lot of memory connection, also to memories that I have not wanted to remember.

But soon I discovered that itīs grate to listen that stuff after meditating with Holosync so many years and also after for example New History Generator A. This can be good trigger for those who donīt get memory visualisations during the meditation anymore.

I would be interested, if someone has information how juggling develops the coordination and what kind of effect it might have for the brain, specialy if one practices mediatation and photoreading.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited January 12, 2004).]

#7098 01/13/04 02:46 PM

The idea that comes to my mind from your post is that it may be related to the cross-laterial movements of Brain Gymn.

Your post has inspired me to dig-out my "juggling for cluts'" book and the balls that came with it.

Eric_G did they give much instruction in this course? Is it simple enough for you to post it here?

Thanks, you are perfection.
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited January 14, 2004).]

#7099 01/14/04 06:51 AM
Administrator
Administrator

You might want to look at Michael Gelb's book on Juggling as a metaphor for learning and life. Lot's of similar connections to what is being discussed here.

I've taught juggling of scarves and learned how to juggle for the same reasons. A great technique is from Nelson Zink, an NLP trainer who wrote a book titled, The Structure of Delight. He calls it Mind Juggling. Hold a ball in one hand. Close your eyes and toss the ball across your body to the other hand in a rhythm of 1 toss per second or 60 tosses per minute. If you can't catch it, simply move your hands closer until you can.

It balances the brain's hemisphere's in a most amazing way.

Enjoy.

#7100 01/13/04 11:25 PM
Eric_G Offline OP
OP Offline

There has been some very special momentum happening today. Everything went so well at work and after reading reply from Iam2 , I was juggling for some time and also thinking how to reply.

I had in mind that one good tip is to practice standing settee or bed in front. This way the balls are still close when they drop.

We didn't get so much instructions at the course, but at home I have used very simple booklet called Practical guide with extracts from Mister Babache methodology. It has been realy good and providing good support to enjoy the learning of juggling. It has pictures and they tell you easily how to throw the ball.

Pauls intervention to the discussion was quite special... When I came back to the computer after throwing the ball's he had replied. I was so happy about this that wanted to have short walk at the nearby by park and enjoy the day. I'm using www.webshots.com and have adjusted the desktop to change the background image every hour. I have approximately 200 pictures there changing randomly.

When I closed the brouser the desktop picture had changed and it was St. Paul's in Minnesota I recognized it right away and felt that this was quite amazing.

I got in touch of these book and decided to get familiar also with How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci by Michael Gelb.

Juggling has even deeper connection to my life. My father was a Juggler, very good one. I suppriced him last weekend by my late discovery of Juggling

Couple of weeks ago during Image Streaming I was in a aeroplane, traveling very comfortably. This is something that I see often, but the situation changes. This time I was reading a book and found out that it was written by me...

It was about Juggling, somehow written from my fathers perspective and connected to my life, it had yellow cover with Juggler in front. One of my life time dreams is to write a book.

About Leonardo da Vinci. My Mother is a painter...

Some momentum in this day, now itīs time to have some sleep (I could just continue and continue).

Thank you Paul and Iam2, Cheers

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited January 13, 2004).]

#7101 01/14/04 01:28 PM

Thank you for sharing your juggling tip and your personal momentum Eric_G. Stories like yours help to add to expand my growth my personal momentum.

Paul thank you for the references and the closed eye juggling suggestion. Adding to my reading list, may just get me moving on that one goal that keeps getting side-lined.

You are perfection.
Iam2

P.S. anyone remember the name of the trilogy where the main character was a juggler. It's in fantasy genre and I read them in the early 80's. That's when I bought the cluts book.

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited January 14, 2004).]

#7102 01/16/04 08:13 PM

Well I've done the closed eyes, one ball, juggling. Once I settled down, meaning hands about 10 inches apart and my mind not wondering and not trying to throw the balls higher or farther, I got into a nice rythmn. It was a lot easier that I would have thought. I swear my hands would move to pick-up the slight mis-throws.

Anyways I didn't notice anything phenominal about my mental state. However, when I finished and start back to work. I had that little dizziness / distortion that I can have when coming out of a meditation too quickly.

Thanks for bring this to my attention. I'll play with this some more.

You are perfection,
Iam2

#7103 01/16/04 09:20 PM
Eric_G Offline OP
OP Offline

Iam2 just noticed that you are here on-line writing message same time. It was grate to hear that it's ok to write the way I do, that it has positive influence.

Sometimes I feel that perhaps it's too open, but each time I've done so it has felt that it's one step further towards my goal.

I've been juggling realy a lot within the last couple of day's. Paul realy gave me some needed empowerment, just with perfect timing.

There has been many simmilar momentum situation lately and I've started to think that is there realy continuously kind of messages around us, signals we do not normaly notice.

I have had much longer series of PLC after each other then before. CM-BF -> Ideal Mindset -> GC accelerator -> GC -> Decisive Action -> and now Consisten Achievement.

This flow has been very natural and there is positive preasure feeling on my forehead while listening to sessions or even every now and then without any concious reason, also now while writing.

It seems that now I'm realy getting the most out of courses, there is good set of objectives driving my action. Yesterday evening I listened to Sales Leap to support me in today's activities in work and it had very good results.

Also by listening New History Generator - B every evening at the end of the day and then writing diary has turned out to be realy good think to do. The message is so well in line with the message of the CM-BF that it reminds from what successful life is made of.

Now while using the Paraliminals of Decisive Actions still at the same time while going through the Consistent Achievement has brough need that it would be realy good to have something simmilar as the GC Accelerator from the package of these three PLC's.

Yesterday I started to formulate in mind that as integrated they are the tools to develop my inner excelence, this terminology will most likely still change in my mind while continuously learning.

These are just my couple of thoughs at the moment, of course we have GC that we can use our selves to integrate learning.

I have a question in my mind, what would be most important to write into the daily journal?

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited January 16, 2004).]

#7104 01/18/04 12:31 AM
Eric_G Offline OP
OP Offline

It's realy cool feeling to juggle with "photofocus". First it was difficult, but after you trust that it's possible and let go from the concious control it works. I started by juggling couple of meters from painting on the wall, first with eye fixation to the ball's; then gradualy moving my focus to the painting, looking throught the area where the balls are flying.

It's a grate demonstration how the mind is processing continuously what is happening arround us. After you are able to do this, it's cool to move the head slighly to the righ, left, up or down. After a while there comes a limit and then the balls just drop. Same happens also if you close your eyes. It's interesting because it almost feels possible, but it's not because the information that your sight is providing is crucial for juggling (at least with three balls and my skills). The feeling when you close the eyes is realy cool, suddenly you just drop the balls.

Annother cool experiment is to graddualy look into the hans that are throwing the balls, it's possible if you just trust your sight and unconcious mind to control the juggling, but at the same time observe how your hands are moving and juggling. Right away if you start to control your hands based on what you observe conciously, you drop the balls.

Pretty cool

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited January 18, 2004).]

#7105 01/18/04 08:10 PM
Eric_G Offline OP
OP Offline

There has been so many new insights and learnings in my life within within the last few weeks, that I would be inspired to continue this discussion as public journal of my personal journey of learning to learn.

I got the urge while following the Journal of Ideal Mindset by Betsemes and PhotoReading Journal by LivingSuccess. Now it feels that there is just perfect momentum to do this. Earlier I described my family connection to Juggling, there is also many relatives in our family who are singers in one way or the other.

Music has always been close to my heart and for quite long period I was a lead singer in school rock band. Just recently after more than 15 years brake, we have started to play ones more just for fun. What I have noticed is that today I'm much better singer and also able to pronounce the lyrics better.

About ten years ago I had problems with my voice and had to find something else to do on the field of music. I decided to learn how to play classical contrabass and succeeded so well that within 4 years I had learned how to play from notes and got my self to local sinfony orchestra.

After few years of playing and working on my real profession I was so broken as can be, for practicing more than 4 hours a day after the work everyday. I had a decision to made and it was to focus on my work and to start developing my self as human. This was the time when I bought first self-help book and it was the Best Thing I've ever Done. Later I found Centerpointe and they introduced me to LearningStrategies. And now I'm here

I recently answered to the Buiding Excellence - The Learning Individual questionary and got my Learning and Productivity Style Profile.

This was realy and eye opener, it revealed that I'm more visual picture learner, more tactile kinesthetic learner, more verbal kinesthetic learner. I have only slight preference to auditory learning and no preference to visual text.

It was realy grate to have this information like this, basically it all make sense now. It will also give extremely good basis for my learning strategy. I just re-listened the Effective Listening sessions from the Four Powers For Greateness. I wanted to do this because recently I got idea of mindmapping the coaching sessions of the PLC's. This would also help me to start mindmapping the books as activation.

Usualy when I listen the coaching sessions it's all clear for me, but later it's still a bit difficult to recall the messages and specialy to integrate the learning to my everyday life.

It has been interesting that usualy while discussing about the particular issue with someone else, I suddenly remember the whole thing. Now after knowing my personal learning profile it's all clear what makes this happen.

The next session I have with Concistent Achievement is IPM and I'll mindmap the coaching session while listening. After mind mapping the coaching sessions of the PLC's I can integrate the information visualy. I believe that this will help me to know much better when to use which paraliminal session, it will help me to know better my self. There is enourmas information already in the coaching sessions of the PLC's.

I believe also that it's crucial for me to form the visual images of my learnings because my emotional preferencess are internaly motivated, less conforming and I prefer less structure. I intepret it so that I have strong preference to do it my way. My psychological preference is global integrated thinker and information processor, I believe it's the reason why I tend to form big picture before action.

I hope it's ok that I'll write this journal here for while, it's much more powerful to write it here compared to my own personal notes.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Eric_G (edited January 18, 2004).]

#7106 01/19/04 12:48 AM

Thanks for sharing Eric_G. I think everything you've written is fine. If you want to start a journal here, I think that is a very generous act.

Like you, I've found that when I share openly and don't worry about the appropriateness of the comments that I often get more back that I'd ever think possible. So I'd encourage you to continue.

As for the juggling, I too found that if my mind strayed from the goal, either to consciously control or to wonder, that is when I would drop the ball.

I am curious how you would do, if you just closed your eyes and juggled. Just thing of the act of juggling. Not the details. Don't try and consciously figure out where the ball(s) will be just do it. Let go of expectations. Don't be affected by dropped balls. Just keep at it for twenty minutes and see what happens. Try it with only a short distance.

I was surprised that as a cluts I usually had the ball (only one) land in my palm. It was better than with my eyes open and bigger tosses. The other thing that surprised me was that sometimes a hand would quickly move a couple of inches and catch the ball. Since my eyes were closed all the information came from my sense of muscle contraction and touch. My mind would project the path and correct my hands, completely without my conscious intervention.

I'm very curious what kind of experience someone who can juggle might have.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved