Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DEEMAN Offline OP
OP Offline

Is using mind mapping software as effective as creating hand-drawn mind maps? Im trying to make activation easier in any way possible.

I would say no, if only because 'using your hands' also develops the brain or can synchronize the thinking with the medium of paper energetically more readily.

Now also from another point of view; clean the paper with thought and a hand pass. Use it for mind mapping and then fold it up and carry in a pocket nearer your head. You can also take it out at night review it passively and place it under your pillow with the intention of knowing and understanding.

Kind mystical regards,

It depends on the mind-map software your using, if you are using imindmap which is licensed through Tony Buzan then it has all the potential of a living mind-map, and once you get used to it can be even faster, then you can print it off, and add a few personal touches. the new imindmap software is very usable and worth checking out.

J

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

During activation you don't want to waste your time with the distraction of switching. The idea of using a computer while activating whether on the computer (switching windows) or at a computer desks with a book is multitasking. Whenever you multitask you are not working effectively you are switching and rushing two or more task. Moving from book to computer screen or switching between is constantly shifting your brainwaves and body

Mind map at a desk so it is an extension of the book if you want make activation easier. So you have minimum distraction from activation as you record quick notes on your mind map.

AlexK

as for me I photoread on the computer , I have a lot of stuff as e-books.

But I think I can do mindmapping on the paper instead, i find it easier. Anyway I have to switch between computer and a desk.

What do you think about it?

I 'm a new photoreader. Mindmapping stage takes a lot of time. is it ok? I can write mindmap of a really big book about 1 hour!

I'm also a beginner in photoreading.

Is it ok to use the Brain storm technique in mind mapping as for a beginner? I just write words that comes into my mind and when I'm not still satisfied i sometimes open the book and look for important words for about 3-5 minutes..is it ok?

thanks!

If YOU can't get what YOU want, want what YOU can get..

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved