Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71416 04/05/09 09:42 PM
OP Offline

Hi
Im new and I hope that Ive done this right. Just trying to connect with others and get some positive feedback.

I have completed course one of ES, and now am playing through course two. My question is regarding the daily affirmations. I created five affirmations, and I saw almost immediate and almost overwhelming results from one of them. However, they were not exactly the results I had intended. I reviewed my written affirmation, and discovered that it was possible for the universe to translate my affirmation differently than what I had intended. Now Im slighlty paranoid about what I write as it always seems possible for my affirmation to be interpreted differently than my intention. Does that make sense, and does someone have any thoughts and feedback regarding writing foolproof affirmations? Everytime I modify an affirmation, Im guessing that my 30 day (astronaut goggle wearing) process starts all over again. I am starting to feel slightly discouraged.

Thanks for any replies in advance.
Intentional One

Dear Intentional One,
I'm new too and my reply is evidence you've done this correctly. You are certainly connecting with me - physically & mentally.

When I read your interesting posting, I was intrigued. Here is my feedback:

1) Congratulations on doing your five affirmations and getting results on one of them. Your lesson for me is: ES works.

2) Regarding setting word-perfect affirmations, I think we should expect to have to practise, refine, and learn by experience. Anything worth learning usually demands a certain level of skill and expertise. You could celebrate getting results, and then focus on how to tweek and adjust until you get just what you want. This enables you to work ES as a science rather than some hocus-pocus magic.

3) I seem to remember (don't know exactly where) Jack saying when we create affirmations we are putting in an order for what we want. Just like when we order a meal, we expect to get what we ordered. This indicates to me that getting what one asks for is possible, and the aim of ES.

4) To add an element of confusion, I also remember hearing Jack say something along the lines of: we need to be open to the universe delivering something different to what we expected. The remedy is to look at what you received and understand why the universe deemed this solution appropriate. Where does the benefit lie?

5) Why are you feeling discouraged? What I simply love about ES is that it makes me feel just wonderful. What is discouraging about not getting exactly what you wanted? If I continued on my previous path of not setting goals, I was guaranteed not to get anything much of what I wanted. In fact, prior to doing the ES processes, I realise that I didn't really know what I wanted in the first place (even though I believed at the time that I did).

6) Clarity is a focus of the first ES course. Can you work more on gaining clarity? I think, the sharper the focus, the clearer the request to the universe.

I am aware that this reply sounds a bit pompous. Even worse, I have to admit I still have to settle on my five major affirmations. I just hope I get the same rapid response as you did. In fact, you have fired me up to get my five big requests out into the universe. Watch this space!!

Best of results next time,
French Claire

OP Offline

Thank you so much for your reply French Claire

Your reply helped me to remember and focus on letting whatever happens be ok, and to look for the lesson and the gift. The reason why I felt discouraged was that I got the exact results I didnt want, and what is not right for me i.e. what I was trying to avoid (even though my affirmation is carefully stated in the positive). I added one word and I believe it removes the posssibility of ambiguity.

Ive taken on board what you said about placing an order and having clarity. I admit to being in a little bit of conflict about being too specific on some affirmations, as being more open could provide more unexpected but welcomed opportunities?

I also took on board what you said about practicing and learning through experience. Thank you for your words. I really like how the affirmation exercise was put across by Jack, as for me he made a potentially boring exercise interesting and purposeful (as are all the other exercises I have found thus far:)

Hey Intentional One,
Thank YOU for your reply.
Actually I got a real win from reading your original posting. I settled down last night and started to rearrange and play with the wording of my 5 most important affirmations.
I got a lot more clarity.

I went back and relistened to Jack's sessions around making affirmations and wrote the steps down AGAIN. I suddenly noticed that I have missed the first step: = taking the decision. DECISION. Jack took the decision to live a prosperous and wealthy life including a wealthy lifestyle FIRST, THEN he wrote his affirmation.

Well I skipped the DECISION step and went straight on to writing my prosperity affirmation. Even as I wrote it I could feel all sorts of conflicts and fears I have surrounding letting me loose with limitless wealth - is it ethical to live like that? - where is all that wealth supposed to come from? - who says the universe is really infinitely abundant? - what if I take too much and leave too little for others? - if I do manage to generate all this wealth, then I will have to live a different life, do I really want that?

So I listened to Jack's prosperity affirmation CAREFULLY. I noticed it was actually quite long and detailed (he mentions his source is God), he quiets those inner voices by using the phrase 'in everyone's best interests' [my words, so not an exact quote].

I thought of you and not getting exactly what you wanted - which now turns out you got exactly what you didn't want. I now believe that affirmations too, may have to be worked through. I am going to create a long version which is specific and CREDIBLE to me. I'll change words and intentions as I work through my fears and conflicts and resistence to 'effortless wealth'. I want to say things to myself in the mirror that are not only credible, but attainable, and well-argued. That should over-ride my inner critic who does so much to deflate my dreams and sabotage my realising them.

Stay in touch.
French Claire

I thought that for writing affirmations there are only a few rules like:

1) you write them in the present tense;
2) you make them achievable;
3) you make them timebound, ie with a deadline;
4) you make them very specific so that you get exactly what you want;
5) you read them every day or you can use reminders like big signes around the house, you wear a Motivaider, etc.

So how different are the goals set through ES?

Last edited by uniquesoul; 04/08/09 01:36 AM.

G'day Uniquesoul,
I love your affirmation guidelines - crystal clear and I've taken note of them.

For your clarity, the guidelines given in ES are as follows:
* Start with "I am" to bring it into the present tense
* Make a positive statement
* Use an action verb
* Keep the statement brief and concise
* Include a feeling word.
* Make affirmations for yourself, not others.
extracted from ES, page 25 course one (of three)

As per ES instructions, I first wrote 101 goals and then refined those down to 5, for which I made affirmations. This was fine, lots of fun, empowering and very creative.

However I witnessed a lot of 'noise' or mind-chatter to do with whether I deserve what I want, is the universe abundant enough to provide it, is it ethical etc.

Then I spotted Jack's original prosperity affirmation (on CD) which reads:
"God is my infinite supply. Large sums of money come to me quickly and easily under the grace of God, for the highest good of all concerned, as I easily and effortlessly earn, spend and invest 100,000 dollars."

I became aware that Jack also appears to use techniques to allay the concerns of that inner critic. Also elements to re-programme ineffective thoughts / behaviours. I consider that affirmation quite lengthly (not a "brief and concise statement" as suggested). So I am now re-wording my affirmations to include clauses that reassure my inner critic and allow me to wholeheartedly embrace my affirmations.

What I am enjoying about ES is there are so many tools to overcome just about any wall I encounter. My first wall was sticking in the fantasizing stage and not actually committing affirmations to paper; the next issue was resistance to the words/meanings used in my affirmations. Today I witnessed myself avoiding taking action to achieve my goals (too busy, procrastinating) so now I am following Jack's rule-of-five (take five actions per day) except I have gentled it down to two-a-day.

Ciao, ciao French Claire
My current jingle: I'm achieving my goals, two steps at a time.

Much obliged for sharing this. I truly value expressing gratitude toward the OP for the point as Daily Affirmations are extraordinary to need to change a day to day existence. An individual consistently searches for benefits with regards to actualizing something in his life. Exactly the same idea emerges when individuals catch wind of attestations. Attestations are only sentences. These sentences have profound significance and they are sentences that have the goal to influence your cognizant and subliminal psyche. They are the component of the law of fascination. This will at last assistance you to have positive general conduct. Certification sentences can't be made without any problem.

Last edited by AffirmLive; 11/30/20 12:18 PM.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved