Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi,

I have nearly an entire collection of cassette paraliminals that I'd like to get back into listening to. I would like to be able to listen to them anywhere (like upstairs at bedtime), rather than be limited to my one remaining cassette player.

While my MP3 player does record, I realize that having the audio split into right and left channels is important, so recording it directly isn't an option.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how best to accomplish this?

Yes, I realize they are now available on CD which could be more easily 'ripped', but a new set of CD's is NOT in my budget right now!

linda

Over the past 25 years I have collected numerous audiocassettes along with many paraliminals on cassettes. I wanted the flexibility of having one device loaded with all of my programs.
To solve my problem I went to my favourite computer store and purchased ADS Tech –Instant Music device. This little gem of a product recorded all of my music and stored them into digital files in my computer. Now I just transfer these files into my Blackberry. It works very well and is relatively inexpensive. It does separate the music properly into the correct channels left and right.
https://www.adstechnologies.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=10

Last edited by kevinfromnorthernont; 04/09/09 02:08 AM.
OP Offline

Thanks Kevin, I'll check that out. I have a number of other business related cassettes as well so it would be great to get them all on CD or my MP3 player.

linda

Here in Australia this gadget costs twice as much as in the US, after currency conversion.

Kevin, I just read some reviews at amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/ADS-Technologies-R...39483059&sr=8-1 and lots of people had trouble with it. The price is reasonable, is there something those folks were missing about installing it? I'm not a techie, so if it looks really hard to make something work, I'll usually defer and try something else. ;\)

The ADS Tech Instant Music device is rather simple to use. The first time I used it, had me scratching my head. I made it more complicated than it had to be. The thing to check is. 1. Make sure you have the proper cables for your stereo and device. Ask your computer technician about proper cables.
2. Review the software that comes with the unit (Nero Sound Trax). If you already have Nero Ultra installed on your computer you do not need to use the software that comes with ADS Tech device. Learning how to record with the software was the hardest part.
3. On the first recording stop the unit short, lets say 3 minutes. Then go to you documents and listen to your recording you may need to make adjustments to your volume. If input is too loud you will get a squelch.
ADS Tech does offer online and telephone support.
Plus if you purchase the unit from a good computer store, the staff will gladly teach you the ins and outs with this product.

Hi

I have had no trouble recording my Paraliminal tapes using a simple MP3 recorder and both the channels are split.

You can also put them into Audacity (freeware) and add Holosync or music or whatever you want to them - reduce 'hiss', edit them, the whole kaboodle.

You don't need anything fanncy!

Thanks, Kevin. I live way out in the sticks, and a visit from a computer tech would run close to $100 when mileage is included, so I will likely be on my own. I might give it a try anyway; on Amazon, it's under $40, perhaps with the gamble.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved