Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi All!

I just started Effortless Success, and when I listened to the first meditation, I asked the question (What is the next thing I need in my life?.....) and looked at the screen as instructed, and saw.......

Nothing. A big zero. Just my mind wandering about, touching on all the things going on in my life, Is it this? Is it that? No symbol. Just nothing at all. It's not as if my life lacks purpose - I have plenty plenty purpose in life.

I am a very positive person. Life is rich and amazing. However, Jack talks as if you're bound to receive a symbol in this meditation.

Should I just keep on doing it over and over until I do see something? Should I not proceed further with the course until that happens?

Has everybody else received a symbol easily, and were you able to know what it meant if you did receive it? Or are other people like me, not seeing anything?

Replies would be very welcome.

Stan

Hello Stan,
It is frustrating when one asks and no one replies. So here is my input - for what it's worth.

Lots of people seem to be having the same problem, so that seem's to be normal. I was lucky because it worked straight away for me. I really like Jack Canfield and I trust him, so perhaps that helped me be sufficiently relaxed, 'open to receive' to see a symbol on my theatre screen.

The symbol I got was a shining moon - look up some of the other threads and you will read more about getting or not getting symbols. At first I was disappointed as I felt my symbol was a bit contrived. Once I asked the symbol what wisdom it had to share, I was blown away by the sheer appropriateness of it fo me.

Having moved on to the second course, I suggest you don't get too upset if you receive nothing. This is just one exercise of many others..... they all lead us to finding out more about our life purpose, they help us to hear inner guidance..... so just keep going. If necessary, just pick a symbol and get wisdom from that. It is also about getting in touch with the place inside that gets so little attention.

I know everyone would like for each exercise to unfold perfectly, but this one seems to trip up many others too. Just trust that this is the right thing for you at this time, tell yourself that you are open to see a symbol at any time (not just during meditation), and perhaps you will.

Happy viewing and may your search be fruitful and also wise!
Take care and enjoy the course,
French Claire

OP Offline

Hi Claire

Thanks for your reply. I have to say that my doubts about whether it was going to work or not, and about whether I was wasting my time with this course, were completely without substance.

Actually the very day after I wrote the comment above, I received my symbol. I wasn't doing the meditation with the CD, but I was in my daily Holosync Immersion (something I would recommend to everybody, see http://www.centerpointe.com) - which puts you in a deep meditative state anyway. I decided to do the visulisation which had failed the day before, and saw on the screen a nest. The unspoken instrucion I seemed to be getting was to examine carefully the contents of the nest. There would be some eggs that would never hatch. There would be some that would hatch. there would be chicks already hatched that require nurturing, and maybe some deformed ones that will have to be thrown out of the nest - brutal, I know, but we are talking symbolism here. Also I must look out for cuckoos, chicks that should not be there, that were probably put there by the expectations of others, or maybe just by my own misunderstandings of what I should have. These cuckoos would sap all my strangth and attention at the expense of the others, which would wither and die.

The symbolism is very obvious, so no need to even say what it means, but I clearly have to take stock of all my projects, simplify and thin down the number of things I have on the go.

So there we are - it does work, and pretty quickly, too.

The next meditation, again on the second attempt, gave me a plastic model of an archer with a bow and arrow. Pretty bizarre, really! The thing is I'm already well aware of my purpose in life, it's just that I have to see just what to aim at to bring about he next phase, and learn to shoot sraight!

Good luck to all out there - I think you are on the right track doing this course.

Stan

Stan,
Thank you so much for your follow-up post. Sharing your symbol and understanding of it has been helpful to me in my tendency to be involved in many fascinating projects at once - and scattered.
Just for that, I will share my symbol and what it meant to me. I saw a log cabin that I used on my vision board a few years ago. It represents quiet, personal time - withdrawn from others' imperatives - and my own. ...and my observations go on from there.
May you create a wonderful day!
Margaret Ida

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved