Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Yes, you do need to take the necessary steps. You have gone through lots of work to get where you are now. If I have to give a label of "effortless" to a program, I would pick each of the Paraliminals, which mostly entail 30 to 60 minutes a day of effort.

I do understand that ES is an overall, very comprehensive program, but you need to do the exercises to reach your goals.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and glad that I found these threads. I'm almost at the end of course one of ES and yesterday, I started feeling very overwhelmed at all the daily disciplines to be done every day. Each of these things "only take a couple of minutes" but put all together they takes hours. With all the meditations, yoga, exercise, affirmations, visualisations, etc. that I would like to do every day, I would have to get up very early... I have a job, a husband, two children, a household to take care of, success goals to reach etc. and am feeling totally overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done on a daily basis.

I'm kind of relieved to read that others are meeting the same kind of challenges. Although, I've found the comments in this thread helpful, I would like to read more about how others have achieved a balance between their 'daily humdrum', time for family and friends, and personal development growth..

Jacqueline

Stevers Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi and Welcome, Jaqueline,

I think you have nailed the dilemma I was initially referring to when I launched the discussion right on the head. Adding up all these daily disciplines together, it can take hours. I DO appear to be finding an increasing degree of balance with all of the seemingly competing demands in my life, but rather than share with you how I'm doing it, my impulse is to suggest that you using the asking process to see what your own intuition has to say about the matter. For example, you might use the the Inner Wisdom meditation, substituting in a question like: "What would enable me to both streamline my daily disciplines and get even more out of them?" or "Please show me a way to bring greater balance to my life?" I find that the question can be just as important (not to mention uniquely personal) as the answer, and sometimes a certain way of phrasing the question can make all the difference in the world.

One of the things I have been appreciating about this course, unlike most other things I've done in the past, is it's emphasis on Inner Guidance. One of the core questions I am bringing to the overall process is this: "What happens in my life when I turn the reins of control over to my Inner Guidance?" or another way of expressing it: "What if I stop constantly looking to my thinking mind for answers for what to do and how to do it and see what Intuition has to say?"

Most certainly, the ES course offers some great tools, exercises, and techniques, and I am grateful for all of the energy and experimentation that has gone into their creation and presentation. At the same time, what I am seeing is that all of this appears to be aiming us toward a kind of self-empowerment where each of us may find out what truly works for us, with all of our idiosyncrasies.

Good luck and stay in touch!

Stevers

I fully sympathise with Jacqueline and agree with Stevers' suggestion. Last weekend I attended a Ho'oponopono workshop by a world-renowned expert who came to Australia for two workshops. It was rather interesting to find out that part of the processes and choice of procedures implies using the pendulum (on here you can look up Diamond Dowsing). It is a way to tap into our inner self, inner guidance, etc. I think this could be an interesting procedure. However, how much time at the beginning of each day do you need to spend dowsing considering that for most of us a day is already preset by unmoveable tasks, like time on the job, preparing meals, doing laundry, assisting family members as needed, etc.

I am fully aware that in many cases a careful planning of the day and avoiding to waste time will free up maybe one or more hours to spend them in improving ourselves through ES or other similar courses. I understand that feeling overwhelmed is something we decide to fall into somehow. However, there are situations in which external factors influence us severely, eg getting stuck into traffic, car breakdown, brief illness in the family and many others. The choice of what to do is ultimate ours, but none of us lives in complete seclusion with the only duty to feel ourselves.

Somewhere in the early days of ES it is explained that Effortless does not mean you don't have to work at it. I really loved that message which clarified the thought that it is effortfull when you push yourself to work on something - but effortless when you are working just as hard on something you are drawn to and love to do.
Part of what I am working on in my life right now relates to that. I am seeing myself self-sabotaging because I am not letting myself take the kind of time for myself that it takes to do these great disciplines. I still feel guilty about spending so much time on things that feel so good to me, but don't have an immediately recognizable positive result on others in my world.
More personal insights are coming as I write this. Wish me success in letting go of some old hang-ups and guilt and moving into my joy and effortless success - as I with the same for you.
May you make it a great day!
Margaret Ida

Thank you for clarifying the meaning of Effortless.

Self-sabotaging is a major problem for most of us. I create a sound and logical plan for my day, but fail to implement it because I am drawn to less meaningful activities and avoid tasks which can be a bit emotionally draining.

Thanks so much for your great input. My intuition urged me to write here, something I've never done (join forum discussions), and I'm glad I did listen to it. Thanks Stevers, I will do the inner Wisdom meditation and turn to my inner Guidance. You also hit the nail on the head with your reply, I must say.

It's bizarre, because it seems that your answers are answers that I already knew. Do you know what I mean? Whilst reading them, I think "That's right Jacq... you know that you're sabotaging yourself, you know that you've decided to let yourself be overwhelmed...".

I guess I need to let go of old hang-ups and guilt too, Margaret Ida. I feel guilty when I'm not doing anything towards my personal growth, but then I feel bad when I am, thinking I should be tidying up the house, doing the laundry or whatever. One thing I'm sure of though, is that every second I can play and laugh with my 2-year old, is a second well spent. Those are blissful moments.

Thank you.

Jacqueline

Hi guys,
I am interested in the concept of self-sabotage that has been discussed above.
I too am frustrated that I don't have the time to dedicate to the very process (ES) that can get me out of this mess. Sometimes I get angry that I am so caught up in a job that I want to get out of anyway. Other times one of the Jack's lessons echoes through my mind and I realise that everything is just perfect as it is, so this IS the way it's meant to be. Swings and roundabouts, hills and valleys, freedom to grow and develop counterbalanced by the humdrum.

Regarding the daily disciplines, Jack spends his 'golden hour' doing this stuff every morning - and just 20 mins of it is ES disciplines as he exercises for 20 mins and reads for 20 mins. He then adds that even 10 mins is better than no mins.

Margaret Ida's baby steps comes to mind. Perhaps because I am involved in a learning progess it takes me much longer than 20 mins. Perhaps I will have to trust that as I get more clarity, more practise, more used to the disciplines and adapting them to my perfect use, the time involved will be significantly reduced.

While my husband and I were painting my mother's kitchen I had a whisper to play the first CD of course 3, whether I was ready for it or not. Interestingly Jack mentions exactly this problem, too many disciplines and too little time. He recommends AT A MINIMUM to do the 4 meditations for manifestation daily for at least 30 days in a row.....

...... and I haven't even got around to including that one in my growing list of daily disciplines.

Right now, rather than be overwhelmed at what 'should' be done, starting up that old self-sabotage programme,I intend to trust my own intuition as to what is right for me right now. Just as there are many paths to the top of a mountain, and numerous ways to skin a cat, there must be several approaches that will lead me to being effortless successful.

I am irritated by those actions (like teaching at school here) that are now out of alignment with my life purpose. Jack's life seems to be fairly simple (my perception) because he checks to see what is in alignment and what isn't. I am working up the trust to get out of education so I can do those goals which are aligned with where I want to be and who I am.

My breakthrough goal is outrageous and lots and lots of fun for me. Aligning with it will mean shedding a lot of old stuff that no longer serves. However as I shed the old, there will be more space for the new.

I, for one, am increasingly prepared to take the risk and jump into joy.

My husband and I have a dream house right on the shore with two magnificent sandy beaches five mins walk away, on the magnificent Ring of Kerry (Ireland) which is worth 1.5,000,000 Euros. It is like Wuthering Heights, full of character, gables and pretty big as it is a Georgian landlords residence..... We want to sell it as we no longer live in Ireland. Any ideas? The income from the house would open so many doors and stop me from having to work so many hours of the week....

Adieu from our sunny garden where the cherries are just turning red,
French Claire

You can try some internet advertising to sell your dream house in Ireland. Try to look for internet sites which are also used by North Americans and other overseas people to buy real estate internationally. Maybe you need to focus on this goal with the Paraliminals you have since it would make your life much easier where you live now.

Stevers Offline OP
OP Offline

Greetings All,

As I've already indicated, I'm big on the importance of asking good questions. In keeping with the overall themes of daily disciplines, overwhelm, self-sabotage, irritation, and the like, I have a question I'd like to put forth for our consideration. It goes something like this, "Of everything I am doing or could be doing, what one daily activity/discipline (that can be done in 10 minutes or less) would go the furthest toward paving my way for effortless success and empowerment in my life?"

This is my way of following up on the idea that we can use the ask-believe-receive model to find (more directly than just trial and error) what works best for us in terms of daily disciplines (or anything else, for that matter), so as to eliminate all the wasted energy that tends to get siphoned off into fear, doubt, overwhelm, and self-sabotage.

As I've said, I'm generally finding my stride with the daily disciplines I'm doing, but with what I'm reading from all of you, and what I still notice going on inside my own skull, it occurs to me that perhaps we are inadvertently making things more complicated than they need to be. I know that I have had the tendency to become entranced by my own ideas/beliefs of how difficult, complicated or effortfull life has to be. Right now I'm curious to challenge those assumptions a bit.

What I have become most interested in, of late, is discovering lynch pins that I can pull out (bringing down whatever house of card of false assumptions is making life difficult for me) and laying down cornerstones (building new forms that make life much more effortless). What I am looking for is a cornerstone daily discipline who presence in my life will make everything else flow all the more easily. I can build from there.

So,in the spirit of the Master Mind Group concept, here's what I propose: That each of us take this question (or our own variation on the same general idea) to meditation and see what shows up. I propose we do this by Wednesday of this coming week and report back by Friday.

I, hereby, commit to doing this myself, and posting whatever I find. Any other takers?

Stevers

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved