Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

What a magnificent idea. I'll put the question to my true self and see what answers come. This is a really exciting concept. Well done.

I will try to provide my answer too. As a first guess, I think it meditation leading to peace of mind and unconditional forgiveness. I find that when I meditate with Holosync and add deep relaxation to it using the Silva centering exercise, I can leave out mind chatter, fears, anger, etc. Of course, I can't stay in this meditative state all the time. Maybe doing it once a day and then get into deep relaxation and meditation for like 10 mins every 3-4 hours could be one solution. Also visualization exercises will help as they can influence others.

I also believe it is a matter of how stressful the environment around you is. You need to be rather advanced in personal development to be able to detach from recurring situations which deeply affect your emotions. It is helpful to know how to protect ourselves emotionally under such conditions.

Last edited by uniquesoul; 05/25/09 02:15 AM.

I just felt that I might share a few things that have come into my life recently. Regarding self-sabotage: I had just come to an actual acceptance that I have been guilty of this - and started wondering what might be behind it and how I could overcome it - when a book was recommended to me about 'the one problem' that keeps a person self-sabotaging. The book is "The Big Leap" by Gay Hendricks. He discusses what he calls the Upper Limit Problem. I immediately identified with what he was saying - and made some very significant observations of when I found it occurring in my life.
Now, about the same time I started with Effortless Success, I got started with Bill Harris's Holosync - and he sent out an e-mail endorsing Bob Doyle's Boundless Living about living the Law of Attraction successfully. Which referred me to some very specific information about EFT or Emotional Freedom Techniques. I had run into the Sedona Method for releasing and hadn't found that it resonated with me - but this releasing technique is 'just what the doctor ordered' as far as I am concerned right now. I think that what I like best about it is how quickly you can do it! I suspect that truly the best things about it is that it came when I was ready for it, though. Anyway, I tried it on my feelings of inadequacy and thought I hadn't really noticed any change. Then I started thinking and writing to my kids and noticed a new feeling about what I was doing and saying. I said, "Wow! I think this really did make a difference!" Like I said, I really like how quick it is to do - and get results!
OK - last thing I was noticing and wanted to share: Time and patience. Jack tells you to do your disciplines for 30 days straight (starting your count over again if you miss one, even!) To give it a real chance to work for you. So, being aware of my occasional disconnect with time, I wrote down the things that I needed to do for 30 days, then put the numbers for the next 30 days on the back of the page - and started crossing off numbers. It now seems to me that I have been doing these things for quite a while and I should at least be getting close to seeing some results. Well, when I check my list of days, I'm really only 15 days into the required commitment. I get real impatient sometimes [read 'most of the time'] and want to jump ahead before I am really ready. It is only in my more recent years (old age, lol) that I see how this sabotages me by getting me so overwhelmed with things that 'should' be working - or that I wish were working already (faster) that I give up on the step-by-step approach that really works.
Some of my fellow forum-writers might recognize this syndrome in themselves. One of you (can't remember which right now) spoke of biting off large chunks and chewing fast. You don't know how much I relate to that - my Grandmother said that about me at least 30 years ago and I am only now beginning to learn the value of smaller bites!
However you go about things, may I wish you the creation of a great day!
Margaret Ida

Stevers Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Margaret,

I, too, have not resonated with the Sedona Method. I did the full course in the past, but have since found other things that work better for me. EFT is the one I most often use. I find that I am not only able to shake loose feelings showing up in the moment, I can also use the technique to uncover and hack the roots out of deep core beliefs. The only challenge that EFT presents is that its pretty hard to do on the fly when your in a situation where you can't tap acupressure points. There's where Sedona, I think, is better suited, but I've since learned a couple of things from other Learning Strategies sponsored courses that I've taken a greater liking to: One is the Effort-Free Life System Total Acceptance Process - this is from a course that a Brit named Chris (can't remember the last name at the moment) released in 2005. The other is Arnold Patent's Appreciation Exercise from Abundance For Life. Both are similar in spirit to Sedona but have difference wordings and, in my estimation, a slightly different "feel" to them. Sedona emphasizes "releasing", where you ask yourself permission to let troublesome feelings go. The other two processes encourage something more like "entering into a relationship with the energy of the feelings with an accepting/appreciating heart" which has the emotions seemingly let go themselves rather than you letting go of them. I imagine that all three techniques can lead to the same outcome, but personally, my experience is that the Sedona Method subtly reinforces the ego of the person doing the releasing, although I suspect it makes for a "nicer" ego. I have found that the other two processes have a more explicit component of surrender built in to the language of the form. Certainly, personal preference enters into it, but for my money/energy I find I get the most bang for the buck with a combination of EFT and either one of the Acceptance/Appreciation processes.

As you have pointed out, I do also think the 30+ days business can be a difference maker. That's part of my incentive for seeking ways to streamline and optimize the daily disciplines. I know that I have sufficient will power to "make" myself do something for 30+ days, when I put my mind to it, and yet, doing fewer things for a lesser amount of time (read: biting off less - it was me who spoke of being a big biter!)that excite and feed me while I'm doing them means I have to expend a whole lot less energy in the process. I'm all for stacking the odds in my favor, and I sense that turning the reins over to True Self/Intuition-based process translates to a heck of a lot less internal resistance for me to deal with in the long run.

As for the Upper Limit Problem, I think that your introduction to EFT is very auspicious, indeed.

All the Best,
Stevers

Hi all! I'm new to this Forum and Forums in general so any etiquette breaches occur from ignorance! Please educate me if needed!

I have read this discussion and found it inspiring and interesting. It has provided me with different perspectives and for that I am grateful.

My comment is meant to share my perspective in hopes that it will add to this discussion. For me, Effortless Success is about being. Effortless Succcess is what I already am.

Does that mean I am completely content with my manifestations? At the moment, no! But it does mean that I have become aware that I have manifested the life I am living--the form, the content. I'm already great at manifesting, and so are we all. The challenge is to manifest consciously rather than unconsciously.

So the opportunity of the Daily Disciplines--Jack's suggestions, or any others, is to provide a way to be conscious of what we are manifesting and create a space for our visions to show up in.

When we learn to "be conscious" the efforting disappears. It sounds to me like all of us in this discussion are "doing" a lot already.

So my perspective on the daily disciplines is that the doing of them itself doesn't make the difference. It is the experience of who we are, our BEING, that occurs while we are conscious in the midst of our doing, where all transformation occurs.

My view of why the mirror exercise is so powerful for our friend is that he is really showing up with himself in that dialog. He is present, he is fully there. He is aware of his awareness in those dialogues and that is making a space for currently unrealized aspects of his being to now show up in his outer experience. His awareness of who he ALREADY is is transforming his experience of his life.

For our friend with children and lots of responsibilities, and not much extra time to take on more daily disciplines, those activities you are already doing can be your daily discipline if you do those things with awareness...the consciousness to bring the qualities of joy, and love, and peace and happiness (or whatever you perceive to be lacking) into those activities. You don't need more doing...your opportunity is to bring more awareness into that which you are already doing.

We think that a different job or a bigger bank account or a new relationship...all the things that we put on our vision board... will make us successful. We have a definition of success and we aren't it right here and right now.

But this is the mind, and believe me, I have one too! When I know that I am successful, right here and right now, and consciously bring into this moment the qualities that I think are lacking in my present circumstance, (which, if I can bring them weren't actually lacking at all, right?) then I will find my circumstances changing.

To sum up, I think the value of Jack's daily disciplines is to give us the opportunity to experience who we already are, and as our experience of our being transforms the content of our lives automatically transforms as well.

Does that make any sense?

In answer to Stever's question,

"Of everything I am doing or could be doing, what one daily activity/discipline (that can be done in 10 minutes or less) would go the furthest toward paving my way for effortless success and empowerment in my life?"

my intuition gave the following response.

According to my true self: "Trust intuition. ASK my True Self which disciplines are right for me at a given time and then ACT on it. If I don't respect my intuition by acting on it, then I am not going to receive really important insights. Practise asking and doing whatever my intuition says. This will enable me to grow in the best possible way."

Enjoy your ideal days and grow abundantly.
Adieu,
French Claire

Everything is just perfect as it is... it really helped to be reminded of that, French Claire. In the last few days, every time I started thinking about all the things that needed to be done, a voice popped in my head "It's perfect just as it is". Each time, a wave of relief swept over me. I think it's a matter of giving oneself permission to be, just be.
Jacqueline

Stevers Offline OP
OP Offline

French Claire,

I just finished meditating with the question: "Of everything I am now doing or could be doing, what single daily discipline (that can be done in 10 minutes or less) will go the furthest toward paving my way for effortless success?"

My answer (a bit of a surprise for me): Mind-Mapping My Day In Advance. I kinda thought it would be the Mirror Exercise or something new, but the image I got was of me looking at a road map, and when I asked if it referred to Mind-Mapping my day, I got an unequivocal "yes".

Thanks for being willing to play with me with this, and congratulations on your terrific answer!

Stevers

Stevers,
I told you before that mapping one's day resonates well with me as I think my true self is non-verbal - so diagrams are probably exactly what I am looking for.

When you have a moment, can you describe how this looks and what you do?
Adieu

Stevers Offline OP
OP Offline

French Claire,

What I do is pretty straightforward. Basically, I go through Jack’s “Create Your Day” Meditation without the tape, highlighting the aspects of the meditation he’s outlined. When I come out of meditation I immediately make my Mind-Map, following the guidelines on page 42 of the ES Course I manual. I’m evolving my own style as I go. I’m sure you’ll do the same. Let me know how it works for you!

Stevers

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved