Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I'm working my way through the Paraliminal Accelerator course, and I've been stuck on day 10 - Get Around to It.

Even though I've set clear goals, I come out of the session feeling even more down on myself than I was before. I've been using Get Around to It for a couple years, and this time has surfaced many of the issues around not getting stuff done and then beating myself up about it.

I've got the entire Paraliminal library, all 34 of them. Any ideas to get me out of this?

Learning Strategies Admin

Follow up with Self-Esteem Supercharger and keep going with the course. At this point it's worthwhile recognising what you haven't followed through on and then prioritise to get things done and get rid of what no longer is necessary.

Get it out of your mind if it wasn't done and can't be done it's time to let it go and let it out. That's probably the reason for the awareness of everything you haven't done.

Take a deep breath and let it go. Then use Self-Esteem Supercharger.

AlexK

I used Get Around To It three days ago, to get myself to start assembling a multi-gym I bought, that arrives in what i'd call 'extreme kit form'. It didn't work. I didn't even start it, as I'd planned to, to do one page of assembly per day.

Yesterday I started it and worked through until I'd completely finished it!

So maybe you've got a delayed reaction too!

Or decided to do it in one haul three days later rather than a bit each day? Time wise it appears you got it done on time? I'm assuming it was at least 3 pages. \:\)

AlexK

No, six!

“Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.”

I begun it and did it!

Originally Posted By: Inchiki Gaijin
No, six!

“Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.”

I begun it and did it!

One way or another you got around to it ;\)

AlexK

I've used to have the same problem before. But I've realized that it's just in the state of mind. So, I've tried to re-group my thoughts and was able to get over it.

I used GATI and at first didn't like it. It made me feel uncomfortable afterwards. Maybe because I procrastinate. So I put off using it for a long time.

Then I used it before I did my Income Taxes this year. (Let's see, was that on April 14th?)

When I got done listening, I spent about 1/2hour puttering around the house. Then suddenly, the easiest and quickest way to get my taxes done and submitted, hit me like a bolt of light! I have been making it so hard all this time!

When my husband got home all my accounts and docs were put away, and I said "check my math and sign here."

So now I'm a big fan of Get Around To It.

Warmest wishes,

Linda
Washington State

Sometimes we procrastinate because what we plan to do isn't in our best interest at the time. Whether we would blotch up the job or wind up moving away from our most important goal. If you aren't doing it it might be worth while making a list of cons for doing it. That way you have a chance of discovering where your breaks are.

AlexK

Oh, I like that, Alex.

Moving a goal to a back burner
--or discarding it completely--
is so much better than
my usual beating myself up
for not achieving it.

Warmest wishes,

Linda
Washington State
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer