Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72411 06/09/09 06:00 AM
OP Offline

I was browing Amazon, as one does, and came across this guy - Zhi Gong Sha - and felt drawn to his New Agey looking books.

However, on searching Google, I have seen some forum and blog postings that suggest that there is a less than spiritual side to him.

Has anyone here had any experience with his teachings? Is he a 'goody' or just (yet) another New Age cultster with money at the fore-front of his spirituality?

I don't know anything about his personal life, but I have two of his books. The first one I've had for a number of years--would have re-sold it, but it has no value on the market. I'll probably donate it. The techniques he suggested in that book did nothing for me. For QiGong, I do suggest either Spring Forest QG or almost anything by Ken Cohen--especially his many cds from Sounds True. (In fact, I prefer Cohen to SFQG for my personal use.)

The second one is Soul Wisdom, and it came via Amazon's Vine program--and here it sits, awaiting my review of it. The procrastination bug has dug in deeply, because frankly, it's a stinker. Or perhaps I should say, it's really not to my taste. He repeats things over and over until at one point, I thought I'd lost my place and was rereading an older passage. But no, I guess it's just his style. Other people's mileage may vary, but none of his material works for me, even with repetition. ;\)

If you want to try his books, wait a bit, and the price for used copies will come down to practically nothing. I think some are now selling for a dollar or less. That way, you can sample his material and see if it's to your liking without making much of a cash investment.

Jeanne #72658 06/24/09 06:30 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I suggest you get on the mailing list and see if that sets the tone for you. I delete them with a PhotoRead. Have yet to be grabbed by them. Have the book and PhotoRead it. Still can't get interested.

Alex

OP Offline

I have since stopped looking at any of his stuff. The 10 minute karma removal thing for a couple of grand finished me off.

In some ways I prefer Joe Soprano's totally blatant measuring of spirituality by how many fancy cars he owns. At least you can see the BS.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved