Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72485 06/15/09 04:22 PM
OP Offline

Hello there everybody.
My Goodness this forum has gone quiet. Remember the Take Five Actions per Day Rule? The way to get to where we want to be is to take five steps in that direction per day. Personally I have found that a) I'm simply too busy with work to have the physical time to take 5 daily actions; also b) five per day made too much rapid change for me and threw me into a spin. Hence I am taking some action each day. I always work on one of the four main life arenas, at least one daily action. That is creating plenty of positive change for me.

A suggestion: everybody is quiet right now, yet reaching out and sharing is a way to catapult ourselves (and indirectly others) forward. I suggest anyone who reads this write a line or two saying where they are at, where they want to go and what they are currently doing to get there. Or whatever is appropriate to share.

So come on.... this forum needs you.
Adieu,
French Claire

I checked into the ES workbook. I have known for some time the Take Five Action Rule, as I got a Jack Canfield promotion freebie from LSC two years ago when I bought PR, I think. I believe these five actions can be the same everyday. For example, if you are into gardening, one daily action could be to weed a garden bed for 30 minutes. If you do this daily, after a month you will have done lots of weeding. Of course, you can insert also brand new goals every day, but this will be tricky. Also the goal should not be repetitive, like, if you are into network marketing, sending out the same promotional material to five different people.

I would not include into these actions routine chores like laundry, cooking, doing the dishes, driving to work, etc. I believe the action needs to be outside your chores.

I believe the goal of the five action is to make a person accomplish goals which are not carried out routinely. Some of them may become part of our routine, eg going out for a daily walk, if you are not used to do it.

The Rule of Five is a great principle - but the rules about what 'counts' have to be individual. If you are trying to get going with some network marketing and finding it a challenge, sending your material to five different people every day might be exactly what you can handle to get you moving. If you are trying to come out of a depression, getting five basic household chores done each day definitely should 'count.'
I believe in 'baby steps' - and preferably one at a time with a celebration of each success! Don't make the details of following the rule of five too complex. If I have to figure out if my choice of actions will 'count' according to 'the rules,' I probably won't spend the time to come up with five 'acceptable' actions. I advocate that everybody should choose their own five actions for reaching towards their goal with an eye to their being simple enough that it will be not only possible, but easy (effortless, if you will) to succeed - and then acknowlege their successes. I also advocate that everybody repeat their five actions as long as necessary to make them a habit (if they need to be a routine part of your life or business) before adding very much more.
That said, I will confess that I have not applied the rule of five myself, although I clearly see it's value. I'm probably upper-limiting on something here!
May you create a new and higher set point for happiness today!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved