Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#746 02/17/03 09:25 PM
OP Offline

As you said that is a tricky call. With so many factors one cannot isolate just this, or just that. However, it would be best to study math and logic or whatnot and come to whatever level you find high enough, whatever that may be and just for the duration of the experiment, then measure your IQ. At this point do not study to any higher of a level-of-difficulty in the mathematics, but you may continue applying what you do know, just don't do it as much as you IS. Than continuue ISing for about 20 hours and than remeasure your IQ. Any gains, while maybe not exclusively ISing, are likely to be mostly IS-related...that is all that I would like to see. Furthermore, if any of you feel up to it, the Prometheus Society has a giant online mega-test, which one can take. Supposedly they only accept people with IQ's above 164. You don't have to join, just take the test, and see how far you have come with (mostly) ISing. That would be a true test of the ceiling for IQ.

#747 02/18/03 09:58 PM

The problem is "to what ever level i fell high enough", its not really about raising my level, its about wanting to keep moving and increasing at a decent rate, i am sure that math will be an impurity in this experiment but its impossible for me to give it up, for practical, and personal reasons. I am not implying that you are asking me to do something, i am just stated that i will continue the experiment but i will measure my math progress alongside using tests like US olympiad etc. I will take my starting score and subtract by my highest score (giving me a percent improvement) then use that to compare with my orignal IQ gain (107-133, which was about a 40% improvement on the SAT) and subtract that from my final IQ gain at the end of the IS logging and if the net result is over 25 points(of gain) i will conclude that ISing works well beyond 25 hours. Otherwise i might start a second log, and the underwater thing to see if the results are positively synergistic or additive/addictive .

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved