Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Yukala,

I have read your response to my post, and I am noticing I'm feeling quite angry. I have some questions for you.

Just what do you mean by "on my own entirely"? Are you saying that asking for inspiration/integrating guidance (a foundational aspect of Jack Canfield's approach in the Effortless Success course, which is what this forum is about) isn't part of your process?

How is it for you that the process of acknowledging a wisdom beyond our typical (and I would argue habitual and limited) thought patterns can be "another cop out, another opening to be manipulated"? What is that about for you?

On what do you base your assumption that I don't see myself as already divine?

Finally, what was your intent, in the first place, with your response to my post? Are you wanting to contribute to a discussion regarding putting the principles of the Effortless Success system into action, or are you just being provocative? Are you even doing the course?

My request is that you respect the purpose of this forum, which is to give and receive support to/from those who are working with Learning Strategies Effortless Success program. If you have a philosophical difference with something as fundamental to the course as "incorporating inner guidance", then I also request you take accountability for that and express yourself accordingly, and not by deliberately singling out and taking exception to something I, or anyone else in this forum, has said.

Stevers

Originally Posted By: Stevers
Yukala,

I have read your response to my post, and I am noticing I'm feeling quite angry. I have some questions for you.

Just what do you mean by "on my own entirely"? Are you saying that asking for inspiration/integrating guidance (a foundational aspect of Jack Canfield's approach in the Effortless Success course, which is what this forum is about) isn't part of your process?

How is it for you that the process of acknowledging a wisdom beyond our typical (and I would argue habitual and limited) thought patterns can be "another cop out, another opening to be manipulated"? What is that about for you?

On what do you base your assumption that I don't see myself as already divine?

Finally, what was your intent, in the first place, with your response to my post? Are you wanting to contribute to a discussion regarding putting the principles of the Effortless Success system into action, or are you just being provocative? Are you even doing the course?

My request is that you respect the purpose of this forum, which is to give and receive support to/from those who are working with Learning Strategies Effortless Success program. If you have a philosophical difference with something as fundamental to the course as "incorporating inner guidance", then I also request you take accountability for that and express yourself accordingly, and not by deliberately singling out and taking exception to something I, or anyone else in this forum, has said.

Stevers

I gave you a ten year short cut. (because I saw in your post my-self many moons back)

"You are divine already, deal with it."

Be pissed, asking for help is not needful. You are the 'One'.

Be it!!!

...besides how do you know, I am not your accountability partner in disguise, or as well some wandering menacing angel?
;\)

Either way 'ALL is You', unfold it as you can see fit.

...and I go my way like a wisp of vaporous cloud.

Yukala,

You gave me a ten year shortcut, eh? Perhaps, but, nevertheless, your manner of communication leaves me with a bad aftertaste and a lingering sense of sadness. Here was an opportunity for you to come out of hiding, get real, and be in relationship, and instead you chose to simply reaffirm your own spiritual philosophy (rife with a kind of condescending cleverness) and then "...go your way like a wisp of a vaporous cloud".

Talk about a cop out.

Stevers

Last edited by Stevers; 07/02/09 06:46 PM.

Yukala,

You gave me a ten year shortcut, eh? Perhaps, but, nevertheless, your manner of communication leaves me with a bad aftertaste and a lingering sense of sadness. Here was an opportunity for you to come out of hiding and get real and instead you chose to simply reaffirm your own spiritual philosophy (rife with a kind of condescending cleverness) and then "...go your way like a wisp of a vaporous cloud".

Talk about a cop out.

Stevers

I do not think I am taking this all that seriously as you might appear to be?

I said the affirmation all night and this morning and it serves me well. I usually post 'only for that reason'.

Besides, playing nice would be a cop out in my manual.

Challenge usually produces better, faster and more adroit results.

You have fine aspirations as per your posts, then I see you also possess the skills and attributes that match them.

Even if it seems I only 'pissed' on them, they will still grow. (I have dogs).

\:\)

Yukala,

Perhaps you should consider taking this more, and not less seriously. We are talking about your life, after all, as well as mine. While in the absolute sense it is not at all serious, there are times when it takes a kind of earnestness (seriousness if you like) to cut through the BS. We are both divine and human, and the human includes many areas that you might call messy (like relationship, for instance) that require a repertoire that includes both levity and gravity. Recognizing what is needed at any given time is wisdom.

I had no idea you were affirming anything as part of this process; this is the first I have heard of it. I am glad to hear that you aren't simply some self-improvement forum voyeur.

As far your thoughts about "playing nice" and challenge, I think you might have some unchallenged assumptions in your thinking about what it takes to wake up out of our trances and live our lives. I have found it quite possible to be warm, friendly, and supportive without shying away from being respectfully challenging. I have also found that eliciting another person's permission (on some level, at least) is an important part of that process, one that, in my opinion, you jumped right over with me.

As far as your pissing on my aspirations, I have no idea what you're talking about. All I know is that your posts have felt odd to me, dissonant and inappropriate.

I would invite you to look at how you are, perhaps, using humor as an avoidance of deepening your relationship with yourself, and, in turn, others.

Stevers

Last edited by Stevers; 07/02/09 07:31 PM.

Greetings Stevers!

Perhaps, but it is what I have to offer.

This fine affirmation speaks for itself and I am quite keen to take it back and keep using it.

That is the connection take it or leave it, 'we are divine and dealing with it daily'.

You seem a refined soul, I am not usually and have found I make fine progress there with.

Each to each, One Whole Complete.

Myriad blessings,

Yukala

Yukala,

I leave you to your own experiment, then. May it serve you well.

Stevers

Yukala,

I leave you to your own experiment, then. May it serve you well.

Stevers

Thanks!
Kind Regards!!

Yukala, I find myself responding to your comment with various thoughts. At present, I am thinking that you apparently are not willing to exercise the 'courage' Stevers refers to. Perhaps he has been living with the perspective you describe as 'being on your own entirely' and finds it a challenge to accept guidance from sources with command of a greater view than his own.
Perhaps, on the other hand, you have been living from another perspective - perhaps one in which you have felt obligated to follow others' directions. For you the exercise of 'courage' is more related to taking personal responsibility for your decisions and subsequent actions.
I suspect that exercising our divinity demands a combination of those two (and many other) perspectives in ever expanding ways.
May you create for yourself and others a divine day.
Margaret Ida

Strange interactions going on here.
The only comment I have is I agree with you Yukala, Stevers is a refined soul. Take genuine pleasure in that, Stevers. I value your input always! You are thinking, sharing your insights, and challenging us to think too. Hurrah! I want lots more of that on the forum.

Interesting notion this of us being part of greatness or separate from it (my take on Stevers 3 questions). Bill Harris has lots of ideas on this and I re-listened to his online course. Duality and non-duality. Also the freebie I got with the last Holosync level (Big Mind seminar) kind of deals with this too. It was about people owning disowned, separate, unknown aspects of themselves. The participants stepped into the persona of their 'violent' self, their 'controller' self etc. and spoke from that perspective. In so doing, they gained understanding, accepted aspects of themselves they previously ignored or disowned. This resulted in powerful experiences for the participant. [Very simplified explanation, this!]

From my own perspective, I have been consistently concentrating on developing affirmations that really uplift and motivate me. They encompass what I want to be/do/have. Obviously I am attempting to reprogram my unconscious for the better, so all parts of me work in harmony to attain all manner of good things. Just five days into the affirmation routine - call this reprogramming as it involves a lot of repetition, visualisation and feeling - I have started to witness my negativity as it occurs. These gentle prompts seem to be issuing from my unconscious. I might say something like, "I had an awful time with...." and the prompt floated into my mind that 'awful' was not the correct word, and I felt challenged to reflect on exactly what kind of time I had honestly experienced.

With reference to duality: I also have such a vague relationship with my unconscious (UC) that I don't know how to address it/me. I notice Napoleon Hill chats and repremands and exhorts his unconscious like an old and very trusted buddy. Right now I am trying to extend a gentle hand of friendship to my UC. I am sorry I have got myself/us into this dualistic state. No wonder I can experience chaos, havoc, negativity.... I think my various persona are often at odds, so what I actually create is probably a result of mixed messages. I believe that if I can genuinely like, love, respect and appreciate my UC (which after all is 5 6ths of my mind) this can only be beneficial. One bit of feedback is that my unconscious mind does not appreciate this title. I am trying out new names, like genius mind, true self, infinite intelligence....

Well, guess what! The right name was prompted into consciousness this very second. UC wants to be my PARTNER.
Adieu,
French Claire

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved